Conquer Club

Tools & Enhancements - Random match picker.

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tools & Enhancements - Random match picker.

Postby KingUncles on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 pm

[Random Match picker]
Name suggestions would be appreciated.

Choses who plays who.
    This tool will randomly select teams.
    The puropose an this tool would be used for tournament creators, so instead of picking teams themselves to place all team names in this and then it will randomly mix the teams up.
    This is like putting team names into a hat and randomly picking the paper out and seeing the team on the paper and the next paper they pull out is the team they are playing against.

Specifics/Details:
    Used for tournaments

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
    This will be a tool which would be a useful tool for tournament creators as it chooses the teams.
    This also saves Tournament creators time and minimizes stress and get invites and tournament get finished faster and without as much stress.
    As I have just created a tournament and in the prossess of the first round begining and sorting everything out took my a few hours and is very confusing sorting teams out.
Sergeant 1st Class KingUncles

Re: Tools & Enhancements - Random match picker.

Postby ljex on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:55 pm

KingUncles wrote:[Random Match picker]

Choses who plays who.
    The puropose an this tool would be used for tournament creators, so instead of picking teams themselves to place all team names in this and then it will randomly mix the teams up.
    This is like putting team names into a hat and randomly picking the paper out and seeing the team on the paper and the next paper they pull out is the team they are playing against.

Specifics/Details:
    Used for tournaments

This will be a tool which would be a useful tool for tournament creators as it chooses the teams.
    This also saves Tournament creators time and minimizes stress and get invites and tournament get finished faster and without as much stress.
    As I have just created a tournament and in the prossess of the first round begining and sorting everything out took my a few hours and is very confusing sorting teams out.

Im pretty sure you can use random.org to do this
Captain ljex

Postby edwinissweet on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 pm

It might be neat to have it all on the site
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby KingUncles on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:49 pm

See I didnt have a clue of random.org, and I'm not sure if many other people know about it?

edwinissweet wrote:It might be neat to have it all on the site

Postby KingUncles on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am

Any support appreciated :)

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:43 pm

KingUncles wrote:See I didnt have a clue of random.org, and I'm not sure if many other people know about it?

Random.org is referenced in the very last section of the tournament handbook titled Tournament Tools.
Many organizers will go to http://www.random.org to set up groupings and seedings for their tournaments. There are many different options to randomize items on the site. Many use the simple List Randomizer option.
Major Night Strike

Postby 40kguy on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 pm

KingUncles wrote:[Random Match picker]

Choses who plays who.

Specifics/Details:
    Used for tournaments

just use random.org
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:58 pm

This might be interesting for team games in which folks aren't hardwired to their "established teams" and want to try their hand at playing with different folks who also aren't playing in their "established teams'.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Dako on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

You might want to ask Tournament Directors to create a little tutorial for random.org usage.

I don't think such a script will be popular among people so I think heading to TourTeam is the best way to solve this.
Colonel Dako

Return to Tools Suggestions