Conquer Club

Hightling territories from the chat window

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Hightling territories from the chat window

Postby Dualta on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:29 am

To be able to hover the cursor over the name of a territory in the chat window to highlight the territory on the map, would be great for navigating maps while discussing strategy with team mates, especially for large maps on small screens.
Brigadier Dualta

Re: Hightling territories from the chat window

Postby dgz345 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:53 am

im working on it atm. for now it only have 1 feature. if u hold alt and click it will be added to where u are typing. and if its posted it will look like a link for those with the script.

when im finished i think ill add this feature to clickable maps. and ill add the chat highlight to chatglove.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Dualta on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:43 am

dgz345 wrote:im working on it atm. for now it only have 1 feature. if u hold alt and click it will be added to where u are typing. and if its posted it will look like a link for those with the script.

when im finished i think ill add this feature to clickable maps. and ill add the chat highlight to chatglove.

Awesome stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out. If you need a beta tester, just ask. I'd be very happy to help.
Brigadier Dualta

Postby thegurumonkey on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 am

did this ever happen. awesome idea
Sergeant thegurumonkey

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:44 pm

thegurumonkey wrote:did this ever happen. awesome idea

Yes, it works.

In your settings, make sure you have Panel Mode turned On, Advanced Game Processing turned On, and Map Inspect turned On.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Mad777 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:11 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Yes, it works.

In your settings, make sure you have Panel Mode turned On, Advanced Game Processing turned On, and Map Inspect turned On.

Is this available on mobile device? Are we discussing the map inspect?
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Yes, it works.

Is this available on mobile device? Are we discussing the map inspect?

Yes, talking about Map Inspect.

Sorry I know nothing about mobile functionality. I hear rumours about this works and that doesn't, but what's needed I think is for someone to compile a list of all the mobile OS and which CC features work and don't work with each of them.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Mad777 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Ok, I was asking this because it works yes but not 100% as advertise...on mobile device.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby thegurumonkey on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm

I'm on a decent PC and i have indeed got: " Panel Mode turned On, Advanced Game Processing turned On, and Map Inspect turned On" all turned on, as indeed is every feature available in the settings, but i must be missing something. I'm hovering over the name of a territory i was discussing with an adversary, and it doesn't get highlighted. Could it be a capital letters problem, or does the text need to be formatted in a certain way in the chat maybe?

Hopefully this is something that will fix both this chat window feature AND what i assume must be the easier and more useful feature of highlighting territories when hovering over them in the LOG (very useful for big maps with unfamiliar names)

Thanks in advance!
Sergeant thegurumonkey

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm

thegurumonkey wrote:I'm on a decent PC and i have indeed got: " Panel Mode turned On, Advanced Game Processing turned On, and Map Inspect turned On" all turned on, as indeed is every feature available in the settings, but i must be missing something. I'm hovering over the name of a territory i was discussing with an adversary, and it doesn't get highlighted. Could it be a capital letters problem, or does the text need to be formatted in a certain way in the chat maybe?

Hopefully this is something that will fix both this chat window feature AND what i assume must be the easier and more useful feature of highlighting territories when hovering over them in the LOG (very useful for big maps with unfamiliar names)

Thanks in advance!

I don't think map inspect works from the chat box, you have to hover over territories or the players themselves. Tho it would be great if the chat part was added :)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Tools Suggestions