Conquer Club

Game replay addon

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Game replay addon

Postby psinno on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi,

Is there any tools available to let me replay a game?
The game log has a lot of information in it but something a little more visual would be nice.

Thanks
Corporal 1st Class psinno

Re: Replay a game

Postby psinno on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:13 am

http://unlinked.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~link ... rview.html

is the kind of thing I was thinking about.

Postby t-o-m on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 am

There is a GM script that does this somewhere, i'll try to find it...
Major t-o-m

Postby Draconian_Intel on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Corporal Draconian_Intel

Postby psinno on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:59 am

That is exactly what I was looking for
Thanks

Foggy Game Replayer(Add on request)

Postby Kilazul on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Not sure where to put this so I figured I'd try here. Before you flame(cause I'm sure someone wants to) I did search for a place to put this with no luck.

At the end of a foggy game all the moves that took place(deploys, conquers etc) appear in their true form. I've had a few good games that I've wanted to watch after the fact to see what was going on during the game. However I've never taken the time to manually read the whole log and try and follow exactly what happened.

Would be really neat to have a script that you could run after the game has completed that would allow you to step through the moves. Either by clicking a next/previous arrow or even better to be able to have it auto forward after a customizable time frame(1,2,3 sec).
Lieutenant Kilazul

Re: Foggy Game Replayer(Add on request)

Postby Deadly intent on Sat May 08, 2010 7:02 am

Got to say,i think that this would be,like you say Kilazul,a neat script to have.
It would make it so much easier to see how a game was won or lost as you could not only study your own gameplay & strategy more simply,but also that of your opponents.This could be especially helpful for new or inexpearienced players of fog games to improve on their gameplay/strategies etc.
It would also be useful if you suspect players of having secret alliances/being multis in a game.
You could actually see with your own eyes, where they have deployed/attacked/defended throughout the game, making it much easier to spot if anything dodgy was going on,especially with border defences/attacks etc between the players where you smell a rat.
Yes nice idea Kilazuies & i for one would love to see this option available
Major Deadly intent

Match Play back

Postby The Bison King on Fri May 28, 2010 4:32 pm

I think it would be really cool if after you finish a game you had the option of watching the whole game played back in stop motion. At the end of each round (for Free style) and at the end of players turn (for sequential) a picture of the map would be recorded at that time and then compiled in sequence and played back as a movie. I'm not sure how possible it is or how much work it would be if it is but that would be so bad ass if that could happen.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Re: Match Play back

Postby Herbas on Sat May 29, 2010 11:48 am

No need for taking snapshots, just reading game log should be enough.

In any case, I agree, it would be very nice to have such tool.
Colonel Herbas

Postby The Bison King on Sat May 29, 2010 9:50 pm

yeah but this would be the visualized game log, it would be much cooler than reading

reading isn't cool.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby ender516 on Sun May 30, 2010 10:45 pm

This sort of thing has been suggested many times, which is not to say it is not a good idea. I would love to see this sort of thing too. However, many people want to see things in more detail than is possible with the present log, so I expect we may have to wait until a site update introduces enough detail (Log 2.0, I think is the working title) to allow replay with all the details, like failed attacks, actual troop counts, and so on. The log update has been discussed elsewhere, but it introduces extra demands on the resources of the site, so it is unclear when or if it will happen.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby aznph8playa on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:11 pm

I don't see why an "intelligent" log analyzer couldn't make this work for the time being. You wouldn't be able to see troop counts, necessarily, but you could assume no unsuccessful attacks were made and fix that expectation if a location was conquered. Of course, a localized screen shot recorder would work. Just save the screen shots in a temporary file and set a delete token to record last time function was operation and delete if that was more than 24 hours ago. Also, a check on space taken in folder could work. I'm not sure if Javascript has access to all this, may need to have people install something that would expose an api?

Anyhow, where are they as far as updating the log? That doesn't seem like it should be too difficult, albeit, I can see why it takes up server resources. Maybe condensing the log as games continue/increment rounds would help?
Sergeant aznph8playa

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:16 am

I think playback is impossible right now (you wouldn't know which terr you lost how many - just the overall results) so ... unless we have some kind of updated log we can only do phase replays (like we know where he deployed, where he attacked and what he forted for each turn).
Colonel Dako

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 am

The Bison King wrote:yeah but this would be the visualized game log, it would be much cooler than reading

reading isn't cool.

That was pretty funny.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby aznph8playa on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Dako wrote:I think playback is impossible right now (you wouldn't know which terr you lost how many - just the overall results) so ... unless we have some kind of updated log we can only do phase replays (like we know where he deployed, where he attacked and what he forted for each turn).

What's wrong with the original idea of saving image files?
Sergeant aznph8playa

Postby Dako on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:48 am

Image file can be saved only when the script is running - it means you need to be browsing the page for the whole time. So we cannot do that - we need either server-side data or process the log. Since scripts don't rely on server data (well, API only, but API doesn't have this kind of data) we can only analyze the log.
Colonel Dako

Animated game log

Postby Tennisie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 am

It would be a great teaching tool to see an animated version of the game log. You would enter a game and then click the Play button. The script would display the starting map, then start from the first line and display on the map the actions in each line of the game log, one at a time. Since the log doesn't record troop advance counts, the script would default to displaying only the colors/codes, although if the troop advance counts are recorded on the server, the script could show those as well.

Additional buttons could include standard VCR controls such as Pause, Reverse, Forward One, Back One, Fast Forward and Reverse. Hovering over the map, the left mouse button could trigger Back One and the right button Forward One.
Colonel Tennisie

Re: Game replay addon

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Merged similar topics.
Colonel Dako

Postby barrycarter on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:48 am

I might be missing something, but doesn't http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83035 already do this if you click on the 'Action' arrows?
Sergeant 1st Class barrycarter

Postby Dako on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Yes, but it doesn't show armies numbers. But it shows the progress of the game.
Colonel Dako

Postby barrycarter on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Dako wrote:Yes, but it doesn't show armies numbers. But it shows the progress of the game.

Right. I think the original poster already realized that you can't get exact troop numbers, since the logs don't have enough information to reconstruct that data.
Sergeant 1st Class barrycarter

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm

barrycarter wrote:
Dako wrote:Yes, but it doesn't show armies numbers. But it shows the progress of the game.

Right. I think the original poster already realized that you can't get exact troop numbers, since the logs don't have enough information to reconstruct that data.

Told you so (:
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Return to Tools Suggestions