Conquer Club

BOB comments (old thread)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.1.7

Postby Fugitive_Bill on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 pm

imacamper wrote:Thanks for the update. However new version's snapshot in chat is different. In 5.1.6, clicking the button posted a "note to self" in chat with the snapshot link. In 5.1.7, clicking the button pastes the "snap::" URL in the chat but doesn't post or check the note to self box. Is this by design?

Also, I'm curious if I do not remember to click "note to self" in a fog game, does that mean the snapshot reveals my positions to all? That wouldn't be good...

Cheers,

Drew

YES it does reveal your positions if you accidentally/somehow hit post with 'note to self' not ticked!
Another player did it in a singles 3 player game and I then knew all his positions!

Other stuff...

- The need to manually hit post is a little annoying, but I see it's being worked on.

- When I've had an update that makes BoB vanish or I select 'Hide Menu: ON' (I think that;s the option hat mucks up on me, I don't want to test it because...) I can't get BoB to pop up even if put the pointer in left of the screen, so I have re-install both GreaseMonkey and BoB, then it returns to normal.

-B!

EDIT:
Interesting, Due to something I read in forums I decided to check 'About FireFox' to see what version I had, it was V8.0,
then it auto downloaded installed a 7Mb update.

Which turned it into V9.0.1 (and opened up new tab with a video about how FireFox is free, which was more or less sticking it up Micro$oft and 'Internet Explorer', I guess!!) :)

Anyway, now when do a 'take snapshot in chat' BoB now enters the snap shot, so no need to manually press 'Post Message' anymore.

But I do have problem with at least one map 'South America' where it does not highlight the regions needed to get bonus for 'Andes [4]' yet hovering on all the other 'Continents Overview' on that map work fine. Have checked a few other maps and they all seem to work fine.

-B!
Cook Fugitive_Bill

Re: BOB 5.1.8

Postby ender516 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 am

I made a quick check on some of my games, both active (Colisseum) and finished (Pearl Harbour) and it looks like the highlighting is broken on the first continent in the list.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Take Snapshot In Chat

Postby TheTrueNorth on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:33 am

After clicking on 'Take Snapshot In Chat' I have to scroll down to 'Post Message' & click on that in order for it to show up in chat.
all I get in the chat line is
snap :: 1~DbDbDeDeDiDgDcDdDcDiDcDeCiEhDiDaEfEgDeEfDdDeDfDfDhEfDdEhCdDbEgDbDaDgDcEhDhDdDiDcDbEg
before hitting post message.
After clicking it the snap is in the chat as it would be normally.
it's been this way for a couple of weeks now.
Cheerz, & a great new year to all!

Operating System: win7
Browser: Firefox 4
Private 1st Class TheTrueNorth

Re: Take Snapshot In Chat

Postby ender516 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:12 am

TheTrueNorth wrote:After clicking on 'Take Snapshot In Chat' I have to scroll down to 'Post Message' & click on that in order for it to show up in chat.
snap :: 1~DbDbDeDeDiDgDcDdDcDiDcDeCiEhDiDaEfEgDeEfDdDeDfDfDhEfDdEhCdDbEgDbDaDgDcEhDhDdDiDcDbEg

This is (or was) a BOB problem, so I am merging this into the BOB topic. I think it may have been dealt with there already, so you may just need an update. My head is aching too much right now to search back over the last few pages and find exactly what the story is.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Re: Take Snapshot In Chat

Postby Big Whiskey on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:46 am

ender516 wrote:
TheTrueNorth wrote:After clicking on 'Take Snapshot In Chat' I have to scroll down to 'Post Message' & click on that in order for it to show up in chat.

This is (or was) a BOB problem, so I am merging this into the BOB topic. I think it may have been dealt with there already, so you may just need an update. My head is aching too much right now to search back over the last few pages and find exactly what the story is.

having the same issue here.Happy new year btw
General Big Whiskey

Re: BOB 5.1.8

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Calidrmr wrote:hi sherkaner...any ETA on when snapshots will be fixed? wouldn't normally bug you but my clanmates are bugging me as their resident techie :lol:

I think I just changed it back to how it was. Firefox 9 seemed to work the other way though (submitting by using a jQuery function).
Colonel sherkaner

Re: BOB 5.1.9

Postby Big Whiskey on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm

If u click [show / hide teammate spoils] and put your arrow on it,it no longer highlights the terr.anymore.Nor tells u what player(color) or how many troops are on that land.
General Big Whiskey

Postby mc05025 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello. I was making some investigations about if can make changes to the snapshots in order to create fake snapshots and lie about postitions in fog games (and some other funny things with no success :P)

The result was that now when I am clicking at a snapshot nothing change. So can take snapshots but I can not see them. Everything else works fine. I reinstall BOB but nothing change. I have the last update.

I use firfox, win xp

Any help?
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby agentcom on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't see the link to download the plug-in in the first post ... where is the actual download link? I'm trying to recommend the plug in to someone
Colonel agentcom

Re: Re: BOB 4.7.3

Postby sherkaner on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Main thread: viewtopic.php?t=161049
I removed all the comments from the main thread, that's why this is in archives.
Colonel sherkaner

Previous

Return to Tool Archives