Conquer Club

[GO] Double Trouble Spoils

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Do you want to play with these card option?

yes
55%
no
45%

Total votes : 136

[GO] Double Trouble Spoils

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 am

Mod edit, for clarity:

When you cash a set of spoils, the amount of troops on any territory you hold corresponding to those spoils are doubled. This will be an additional gameplay option that does not affect the reward you normally would get from the spoils cash.

Double trouble spoils-new set of spoils in game.

Description-In games when you have these spoils, if you dont hold territory with card names,you dont get nothing,and if you hold territory and have card with these name, then with use of card,on these territory instead to get 2(like you get in standard cards) you will inrease troops for double number. For example if you hold territory Lesbians(peloponnesian war map),and you have card with these name,then in these territory number of troops will be doubled. If you hold 2 territory with same bold cards, bouth territory will get double troops,when you cash cards. Dinamic of card cash will be same like in escalating,flat or nuclear(3 red,3 green,3 blue,3 diferent colour).

What will these bring-new unique set of cards,who will bring new way of strategy,where will every territory increase hes value, and bring more interesting option for win a game.

ps-if these need more english adjustment,please help to be more proper write,so that people can understand more what im propose.
Last edited by Qwert on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Double Trouble Spoils

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Definitely an interesting idea. I would support this option.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Arama86n on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I don't find it very appealing, there are better suggestions out there that I'd rather see implemented.
Major Arama86n

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Arama86n wrote:I don't find it very appealing, there are better suggestions out there that I'd rather see implemented.

hmm,can you be more specific?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 am

Arama86n wrote:I don't find it very appealing, there are better suggestions out there that I'd rather see implemented.

:roll: Don't go playing that card. Don't go pulling the "I don't see why we should implement this when that is more important" bull. If you like it, say so. If you don't, say why. ;)

I think would be good, as long as you made it it's own spoil instead of a supplement to other existing card bonuses. What I mean to say is the Double Trouble Spoils (nice name, by the way :)) should just be the "Flat Rate" version you explain above. I suggest just dropping the Escalating part altogether.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Darwins_Bane on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 am

Victor Sullivan wrote: I suggest just dropping the Escalating part altogether.

-Sully

Don't mean to pick but how could it be escalating and also double trouble spoils? :lol: kidding. however, i still think that people would just move stacks around to double their troops all the time, it would really be a different sort of escalating. it would be interesting to try, or even to have a secondary effect for the cards, where if you cash a card for a territ you dont own, the amount of troops is halved, rounded up or something like that. I don't know if that fits in this sugg tho. maybe I'll go post a sugg of my own :)
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:11 am

by Victor Sullivan Ā» Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:22 am

Arama86n wrote:
I don't find it very appealing, there are better suggestions out there that I'd rather see implemented.
Don't go playing that card. Don't go pulling the "I don't see why we should implement this when that is more important" bull. If you like it, say so. If you don't, say why.

I think would be good, as long as you made it it's own spoil instead of a supplement to other existing card bonuses. What I mean to say is the Double Trouble Spoils (nice name, by the way ) should just be the "Flat Rate" version you explain above. I suggest just dropping the Escalating part altogether.

-Sully

I see what you mean-new Card option, yes these is one option( and these is then not Flat Rate,because cards will only have purpose to double ,and if you have cards and not hold these territory,then you will dont double nothing), but its will be good if we can combine with flat,or with escalating.
Darwins_Bane
Don't mean to pick but how could it be escalating and also double trouble spoils? kidding. however, i still think that people would just move stacks around to double their troops all the time, it would really be a different sort of escalating. it would be interesting to try, or even to have a secondary effect for the cards, where if you cash a card for a territ you dont own, the amount of troops is halved, rounded up or something like that. I don't know if that fits in this sugg tho. maybe I'll go post a sugg of my own

wow,now these will be interesting strategy-these territory will get more value,because these can be like supply bases for increas your troops. Now these scenario its something what will definitly hepend - .Second part with opposite effect, well i think that these is too much for these cards to have. Hmm, now will need help,to transwer these explanation to english version, I will write more,and if you find some mistakes,please fix.

hmm,when i look on game finder -maybe we can have special spoils options, because these "DOuble Trouble Spoils" Can easy be used alone,or with combination with Flat, and Escalating-With nuclear hard to implement, only if you want to see double numbers of neutrals each time when you cash Nuclear with Double trouble cards(what a combination,real trouble ;) )
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:31 am

any new opinions?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MichelSableheart on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:22 am

Creating it both as a possible addition to existing spoils and as a new spoil setting in it's own right is probably unfeasible. At least, I can't think of any way to efficiently and intuitively represent that on the start a game page. Besides, if you set it up as supplement, you have a button that doesn't do anything for no spoils or nuclear.

Setting it as a new spoil type is a better idea, but also one that has significant problems. With unlimited reinforcements, it becomes increasingly important if you hold the territories listed on your spoils. Because if your opponents double all their troops (not unlikely in unlimited reinforcements) and you don't, your troop count is suddenly way behind, to the extend that it has probably cost you the game right there. It's too luck based for my taste, though it would probably be nice to play with adjacent and chained reinforcements.
Colonel MichelSableheart

Postby Qwert on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 am

I dont see problem with that,its a great strategy - people will get more valuable territory,then with Flat Rate or Escalating game.
In flat rate,people get only 2, so attack some other territory for only 2 its not something to risk losing a game, and people are satisfy to any territory what they can take.
Escalating- people only want to attack any teritory to get card.
In Double Trouble Card, each territory get extreme value(depend on card what you have), and if you are very close to some territory who you have card name, then these territory can be much valuable then any continental bonuses.
Im for any possible combination, and if most people think that these its best to be new set of card,then im for that also.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jricart on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 am

Maybe make it a new type of spoil, like the nuclear.

You get no troops for the cash, but double the amount of troops on those regions you have bold!
Captain jricart

Postby Qwert on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:12 pm

"by jricart on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 am

Maybe make it a new type of spoil, like the nuclear.

You get no troops for the cash, but double the amount of troops on those regions you have bold!"
yes ,these is what im sugested, now i will try to write better description.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Double Trouble Spoils-new unique set of cards !!!

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm scared of this being really luck based. If you think about it, this could give you more troops in 4 rounds than flat rate ever could - and the reason for not playing flat rate is the luck dependency.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby jricart on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:50 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I'm scared of this being really luck based. If you think about it, this could give you more troops in 4 rounds than flat rate ever could - and the reason for not playing flat rate is the luck dependency.

It depends! I dont agree with you. This kind of spoils will have their own strategy!
Captain jricart

Postby Qwert on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:44 pm

""by rdsrds2120 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 pm
I'm scared of this being really luck based. If you think about it, this could give you more troops in 4 rounds than flat rate ever could - and the reason for not playing flat rate is the luck dependency.""
Luck? if you have 5 cards,and dont hold any territory with card name-you will get zero troops when you cash cards. I dont know what its so scared here. You can get many troops,or you can get small number of troops, because gameplay settings also have big influence on these game-unlimited fortification, big chance to get big double cash troops-adjacent fortification- hard chance of big troops cash-chained-similar to adjacent. With these card setting, its depend on you ,how will you manage to create situation ,to get more troops. Any territory can be potential big cash,but depend on how will you take,deploy or reinforce troops on these territory. Im all ready see,that these will be ,even greater then nuclear spoils new gameplay option.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oldrisky44 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:22 am

So let me see if I am following this thread.

On the classic map...

If you have the Astana, Berlin, Mexico City cards, and you have 3 on Astana, but none on Berlin or Mexico City when you cash the set you will get 3 more on Astana (now 6) and no other bonus. So your set value for this cash is 3. But if you had 12 on Astana with the same set of cards you would get 12 more on Astana. So the CARD you own DOUBLES the troops you have on THAT territory?

Is that what you are proposing?
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 am

Yes these is right example-that why its card name are-DOUBLE TROUBLE SPOIL (ofocurse its name mean trouble for opponents not for you)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oldrisky44 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 am

This would dramatically effect game play. Continent bonuses could become inconsequential and any player with a large suspicious stack will be targeted heavily. On large maps it could really change the game.

I only ever seem to own my card territories in nuclear spoils.
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:01 am

yep, and i belive that people will play these new set of cards.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby theherkman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 pm

jricart wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I'm scared of this being really luck based. If you think about it, this could give you more troops in 4 rounds than flat rate ever could - and the reason for not playing flat rate is the luck dependency.

It depends! I dont agree with you. This kind of spoils will have their own strategy!

Yeah, the strategy is a big stack that you fort to whatever card you own so you can double it over and over...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby Qwert on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:41 pm

"Yeah, the strategy is a big stack that you fort to whatever card you own so you can double it over and over..."
its these good or bad?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 pm

so, as I understand it, you only receive troops if you own the spoil(s) being cashed. Non-owned region spoils receive nothing; and for owned regions, you receive no deploys but whatever number of troops you have on the region will be doubled.

Interesting.

Yes, it would mean a strategy of moving stacks around because of imminent cashes, but there's nothing wrong with that. In Nuclear spoils, we already have a setting where people are rearranging any stacks because of imminent cashes.

Definitely sounds like a unique option.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Qwert on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:43 pm

yes, only in nuclear games, you try to move away from teritory where you going to cash, and here you will try to move into these territory to cash double troops.
Non owned ,you dont get nothing, but because giving to all territory increased value,i belive that in these card option,people will not anymore attack random territory for cards, now will try to take any territory,who can bring hem double troops cash.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Double Trouble Spoils-new unique set of cards !!![poll]

Postby Qwert on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 am

i add poll
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Double Trouble Spoils-new unique set of cards !!![poll]

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:55 pm

I would've added a few exclamation marks to "yes" but it works.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Next

Return to Suggestions