Conquer Club

New Rank at 4,000 Points

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: field marshal requirements

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:38 pm

betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:people have a total freedom of who they face and when they face them.
In the CC system; the richer you get, the more unlikely you are to get even richer. The amount of "money" in circulation does not have a direct impact on the quantity of extremely wealthy people.

The thing is, it obviously does have a direct impact on the quantity of extremely "wealthy" people. It's just not a linear correlation. And the reason is that your argument about how people have "total freedom of who they face" is not correct. The number of active players does have an effect on the actual games I play. For example, I don't play that much right now because when I go to Join a Speed Game, there basically aren't any ones there that are interesting to me. If there were twice as many active players, I'd be much more likely to play them regularly.

to be a stable 4500+ player, you avoid playing speeders by all means. those players will probably only play brigs and above; and I've already proved that that population has increased dramatically over time.

Yes, but that very fact should give you pause. You jumped to the conclusion that our players now are naturally better, but you haven't accounted at all for the possibility of score inflation with time.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:35 pm

betiko wrote:duka, making average stats with this material makes no sense; sometimes you have 2 rankings in the same month, sometimes you have 6 month gap between two rankings, and the most updated you pulled out is a year old.
Also, you are counting the conqueror; so it's -1 field marshal each time.

Secondly; can you guys explain how you make a corelation between active players and amount of people with a 4500+ score? It's absolutely unrelated.
To give an example; I'm just taking the april 2008 ranking on the bottom of duka's stats.
21k users; and the last person on the first page of the ranking only has 2300 points (#250th)
today's leaderboard has only 12k users, and a person with 2300 points would not even be on page 2, but by the end of page 3 (689th)

the truth is that the scores are much tighter, there is a larger amount of players with a good experience over the years and there are less farmers. I don't believe this works in patterned cycles.

The basic fact is that I have demonstrated that the initial premise with which you started this thread is false. If it's so long ago that you don't remember, I'll quiote it for you.
betiko wrote:I know this has been discussed in the past, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to have a rank that is almost never represented. Most of the time, the points required to become field marshal aren't even fulfilled by the conqueror himself.

"A rank that is almost never represented" is false. For as long as we have data, there have always been at least 2 people qualified to hold that rank, there have usually been 4 or 5, and at one point there were as many as 8. So "almost never represented" turns out to be "almost always represented."

The second premise, "Most of the time, the points required to become field marshal aren't even fulfilled by the conqueror himself." is also demonstrably false. Again, for as long as waybackmachine has crawled CC, there has never been a time when the Conqueror didn't have enough points to be a Field Marshall. Maybe in the very early days of CC that was true, but it hasn't been true since at least April of 2008 and probably longer.

Your OP is just not supported by facts. The median number of Feild Marshals is 4, which is quite sufficient in my opinion. I wouldn't want to see the rank watered down any more than that, and I think as CC grows it is entirely plausible that the median will be higher. It is not likely that it will go lower.

show
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby universalchiro on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:37 pm

You mean like it is currently? If the Median is 4-5, we are 75% off the mean. This seems more like wanting to win a debate in this suggestion thread than closing the 1,000 point gap between 3,500 & 4,499. Just add another rank at 4,000, leave Field Marshal were it is and call it a day.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:39 am

universalchiro wrote:You mean like it is currently? If the Median is 4-5, we are 75% off the mean. This seems more like wanting to win a debate in this suggestion thread than closing the 1,000 point gap between 3,500 & 4,499. Just add another rank at 4,000, leave Field Marshal were it is and call it a day.

Yeah, if somebody wanted to break up General into Major-General, Lieutenante-General, and (full) General that would make sense.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby universalchiro on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:11 am

"Leave Field Marshal WERE it is"? How about you learn vocabulary first universal, then bring a suggestion. It's WHERE it is. As in place, not were it is as in time/condition.

Does this mean we break up the 1,000 point gap of Chef at the 500 point mark with the rank of fast food cook or politician or attorney?
Last edited by universalchiro on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:20 am

I thought you meant as in werewolf.

:P
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby universalchiro on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 am

Ha! It's great learning the difference between were & where. Just the other day I learned the earth is no longer flat. Wonder when that happened? Probably around Noah and flood. I must be in the wrong forum. Back to topic at hand:
The 1,000 point range for General.
What would be the symbol at the 4,000 mark?
Two stars? Alpha Centari & The Sun.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ISN2 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:19 am

What that has been achieved in the very first posts ...

Image Brigadier General - 3500 (A brigadier general has 1 star)
Image General - 4000 (A full general has 5 stars)
Image Field Marshal - 4500

The end?
Major ISN2

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:56 am

ISN2 wrote:What that has been achieved in the very first posts ...

The end?

I m good with that, and As you said we kind of all agree on this earlier.
Anyway it s tiring to discuss with people who debate for the sake of debating. I m not going to bother to address the points brought up by duka and his very questionable notion of time and averages.
The only guy above 4500 is back on the site after a ban for cheating.
Major betiko

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:40 pm

present ranks have 16 lvl.
In mine sugestion i present 22 ranks, also will add more low ranks to (so that we decrease number of cooks)
so between new recruit and cadet(in old ranks) you will get new 4 ranks,,and also in high ranks you will get 1 new rank (Major General),, also Highest Rank (FieldMArshal---Admiral Of The Fleet---Marshal Of The Air Force) will need 5000 points.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47578
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby universalchiro on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Click image to enlarge.

General of the Army

I like INS2's option as well.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Domicas on Sun May 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Did this suggestion fall into some kind of black hole? Change Field Marshal requirements to 4000. Doing this today would result in going from zero Field Marshals to four Field Marshals. The Conqueror does not even have enough points to be a Field Marshal today! The people have spoken.
General Domicas

Postby universalchiro on Mon May 19, 2014 12:23 am

The end?

+1 8-)
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Mon May 19, 2014 4:51 am

universalchiro wrote:

The end?

+1 8-)

+2
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 19, 2014 6:30 am

betiko wrote:
universalchiro wrote:

The end?

+1 8-)

+2

+3
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Agent 86 on Mon May 19, 2014 8:49 am

Absolutely agree,

+4
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby betiko on Wed May 28, 2014 8:11 pm

i think it's the first time I see a consensus. Is there really no one out there to disagree??????????
Major betiko

Postby Foxglove on Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Stickied!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby MrBenn on Thu May 29, 2014 4:54 pm

From the topic that Qwert has linked to a couple of times, I posted these suggestions (back in 2008):

I do like the mini-wings on ISNs' Star.. Image.. so here's another that could be used as an intermediary somewhere Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby betiko on Fri May 30, 2014 10:31 am

I kind of like it, but on the other hand giving a new rank every 50pts in the early ranks seems like too much. Also even if militarily speaking it s wrong; for me colonel is a lower rank and it would be strange to see it become the actual equivalent of brig.
Major betiko

Postby dakky21 on Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 am

I really like that new set of icons. There should be a lot of advancements in early game to keep new players interested. Every 50 pts seems just perfect. Though I don't agree on later advancements, Major should go with like 2250, Colonel remains a Colonel like it is now, Brig General at 2750, Major General at 3000 and then Liutenant General at 3500, General at 4000, and Field Marshall at 4250 (it should be attainable! - currently only 2 people got more than 4250 and one of them is Conqueror)
Captain dakky21

Postby Kaskavel on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 pm

betiko wrote:I know this has been discussed in the past, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to have a rank that is almost never represented. Most of the time, the points required to become field marshal aren't even fulfilled by the conqueror himself.

I think you are a bit harsh on me, I am trying my best...
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Kaskavel wrote:

I think you are a bit harsh on me, I am trying my best...

Haha!

When that table was put together, there were 6ish field marshals, and two people (not including the conqueror) over 5k points, which is why there were more higher bands.
When I'm next at my computer I'll put together another variant which keeps colonel and brig icons at the same level, with some minor variants in between
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Domination_44 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:53 pm

What if it was moved down 200, so 4300? I think that would work...
Sergeant 1st Class Domination_44

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:Seriously gaby, last era I remember that had a couple of stable field marshals was when blitz/mc05/glg were conquerors. That s like 2 years ago.
Right now Ollie is artificially conqueror, once he finishes his losers it will be back to ff conqueror and no field marshals.
Ff s score >4500 with no temporary inflation is very rare these days.

Yeah, it's rare right now. It's not rare over the historical course of the entire life of the website. There's no point making changes to meet a situation that might last three months or six. The site has turned around and is growing again, so presumably at some point will be back up to its 2010 membership. At that point, are you going to end up with 15 field marshals? Stop thinking that today is everything and look to the long term.

15 field marshalls with 10,000+ players doesn't seem unreasonable... personally I don't care, but I do understand Bet's point that it's pretty goofy to have a rank that isn't occupied for a reasonable amount of time
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions