Conquer Club

[GL] Game Log 2.0

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: [GL] Game Log 2.0

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:59 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:This is more or less what I agree with. If I am playing a 4+ player game with fog, and decide to trim a stack without taking it, I don't want others to have access to that info since it could remove any advantage I was trying to gain by attacking without conquering.

But if a player is attacked by someone else it is completely logical that the defender will receive a report saying that he was attacked, by whom, and how many casualties the attack caused. If you were watching at that present moment you would get that info, so this should be in the log.

I agree that this info is not needed once the game has finished. Would be nice to have it to study the game and so, but it's not vital.

Yeah, part of this part of the Game Log stuff is the premise that you shouldn't suffer a disadvantage just because you aren't constantly checking your turns constantly. I understand the "sneak attack" thing and I've done it myself. But just because you can do it in the current system doesn't mean that it's the best way of doing things.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ender516 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:
ender516 wrote:Perhaps the storage problems could be reduced if the extra information (precise troop counts) was held only until the game was archived. The archived log could simply state that an attack was made. I imagine this would simply involve dropping certain columns from the data. An additional nice feature would allow the user to save a small number of the games in full on the site, or an unlimited number offline, with a tool to load and review them. Make some or all of that a premium perk.

This is more or less what I agree with. If I am playing a 4+ player game with fog, and decide to trim a stack without taking it, I don't want others to have access to that info since it could remove any advantage I was trying to gain by attacking without conquering.

You may have misunderstood my intended point. The detailed information would be available during the game and until it was archived, at which time it would be condensed. So, sorry, your sneakiness would be spelled out for all to see. And as OliverFA said, a keen observer could detect this anyway, either by watching while you play or comparing snapshots. Granted, in a fog game, only the victim and those within range could see your work -- the less involved would be oblivious now, but not with the detailed log -- except all they would see is that ?? attacked ?? and lost ?? troops.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Merged in three topics asking for more detailed log information.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Luke09 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:49 am

Nice post !
New Recruit Luke09

Postby Eddygp on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:01 am

Not a fan.
This image is a sofilorry.
Private Eddygp

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:33 pm

This suggestion is currently pending review by the Features Panel.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby ender516 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:34 am

Good to hear. So many great ideas could be realized with this as the basis.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Donelladan on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:06 am

JamesKer1 wrote:This suggestion is currently pending review by the Features Panel.

It means that if the Features Panel, meaning 10 persons, agree, this suggestion will be implemented ?

Might we know what you are exactly discussing ?

For exmaple, from OP
Example of failed attack: spiesr assaulted Cuba from Mexico losing 5 troops and jonty125 defended losing 2

Giving this kind of information would change completely the gameplay.

In a fog game would it be :

1)Example of failed attack: spiesr assaulted ? from ? losing 5 troops and jonty125 defended losing 2

2)Example of failed attack: spiesr assaulted ? from ? losing ? troops and jonty125 defended losing ?

3)Example of failed attack: spiesr assaulted Cuba from Mexico losing ? troops and jonty125 defended losing ?

4)Example of failed attack: spiesr assaulted ? from ? losing ? troops and ? defended losing ?

Only the 4th would be imo acceptable. And still I wouldn't like it to be changed. Reducing a territory does not appear in the log and that's a good thing !

Sometimes you attack someone, but this someone doesn't know who attacked him, that is a nice part of the game play. In Fog game it has to be kept that way. In sunny game you might argue that since it's sunny it should be in the log, I don't like it but why not.

Hope feature panel consider all the implications of such a change.

Also, I do not think community is really asking for that change. It hasn't been asked so many times and if it hasn't been done in the first place it might have been for good reason.

100% against it ! Vote no !
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby ztodd on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:38 am

I vote yes! :)
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Postby nietzsche on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:16 pm

well?

complete log could be available only when the game ends, to allow for replay.

log can be stored in raw mode, instead of unicode/ascii, so no big deal with disk space.

CC won't have to code the replay function, plenty of guys around that would do it if a complete log was available.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 am

I think there is a Replay function on the Triqqy version of RISK. My guess is that the idea is to make that the new game version in some far off future.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Suggestions