Conquer Club

[GF] Game Labels

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GF] Game Labels

Postby joetalk on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm

Official Suggestion:

Inhuman14 wrote:Concise description:
  • Adding the feature to add game labels for all games.

Specifics:
  • Provide the availability to add game labels to all games, not just tournament games.
  • This could be a premium only feature or could be something available to everyone.
  • If implemented, nothing will need changed with the interface of the game creation page.
  • It would be a good idea to make the label able to be edited.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • This will allow users to create games for specific purposes, looking for certain opponents, teammates, or experience levels.
  • Labels apart from tournament games will also allow groups of people who play games together, to label non-sanctioned mini tournaments and clan wars and other group games.
  • People would be able to search games with specific labels to find players they want to play against.
  • If implemented, a possible issue could be that people may put inappropriate things in the game label. This would create more work for disciplinary mods.
  • Another issue is that people may get upset if someone joins their game even though the label requests a different type of player.

I have found that having 3-4 games on the go that move slowly is fine as long as i keep a spot open for realtime games, i started on today that took 10 min for player to join then deadbeat doesnt even show up to take first turn or even read the chat area, there has got to be an end to this madness! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cook joetalk

Postby kingwaffles on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:31 pm

So what do you want the comment space for? To arrange real times games? if so then count me in! :D
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby Marvaddin on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:39 am

Hey, thats a really good idea, specially for sequential games (the best!): put the time of the day you pretend play, so, if people with same avaliability join, we can play in real time. Very useful!! I loved it!! :D
Major Marvaddin

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:06 am

... Another fantastic idea!
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Game Labels

Postby P4Ssoa on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 am

Official Suggestion:

Specifics:
  • Provide the availability to add game labels to all games, not just tournament games.
  • This could be a premium only feature or could be something available to everyone.
  • If implemented, nothing will need changed with the interface of the game creation page.

• This will allow users to create games for specific purposes, looking for certain opponents, teammates, or experience levels.
  • Labels apart from tournament games will also allow groups of people who play games together, to label non-sanctioned mini tournaments and clan wars and other group games.
  • People would be able to search games with specific labels to find players they want to play against.
  • If implemented, a possible issue could be that people may put inappropriate things in the game label. This would create more work for disciplinary mods.
  • Another issue is that people may get upset if someone joins their game even though the label requests a different type of player.

I think you should be able to name your game.
This way you could try to get players to join your games with a well chosen name.
Just an idea :P

some examples:
-Remake: KinG oF The Castles!
-d00dle's lottery game!

yay or nay?
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby LFAW on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:49 am

Yah!
Lieutenant LFAW

Postby insomniacdude on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 pm

Things would just get obnoxious after a while. Additionally, it would put a pretty decent-sized load on the servers that is completely not required.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby jennifermarie on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 pm

i like the numbers better due to server load issues and game finder issues. it also looks better having a list of uniform game numbers instead of jm's game or whatever.

Also, if duplicate names were allowed, it would cause huge problems
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby Crissipos on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:18 pm

I prefer a synoptic view :)
named games, a total mess!
Captain Crissipos

Postby hecter on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:54 pm

I suggested this, and I still like the idea... It wouldn't replace the numbers, however, it would just be like what we have currently for Tournament games. But they didn't like it, said it would clutter things up...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Game Labels

Postby risky4me on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 am

Specifics:

OP wrote:Hi.. I was just wondering..if it would be possible to add like a title / subject of game to describe the game better.... so that we as players could create games and add the Title to say if it was a RT Game or not, or if we want only generals, lieutanants in the game etc...

let me know pls... just a suggesstion
Corporal risky4me

Postby iLflankU on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 am

Thats a good idea... Then you could make a request "No Deadbeats"
Last edited by iLflankU on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private iLflankU

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:21 am

This needs to be in Suggestions and Bug Reports, not General Discussion.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:44 am

Moved to proper place.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Game Labels [Poll]

Postby Inhuman14 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am

Concise description:

Specifics:

Last edited by chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Edited OP to reflect discussion.
Ideas in progress:
Average points count of enemies in profile page
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=70340&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Corporal Inhuman14

Re: Game Names

Postby blakebowling on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:08 am

• Adding the feature to name games

Specifics:
  • Basically a section when creating games to add a name. This much is optional, but I have a hard time finding a game I want to see if it just has a number string. With game names, this would be easier, and it would also allow older members to request "no noobs". It wouldn't stop all of them from joining, but it might prevent a new recruit to join in the last spot in a quadruples game.

• Gameplay

As you can currently add a label for Tournament games, I think it should be a premium only feature
Private blakebowling

Postby Inhuman14 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:10 am

I agree, that sounds like a premium only type of feature. It doesn't affect gameplay, but is a little convenient.
Ideas in progress:
Corporal Inhuman14

Postby blakebowling on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 am

but it could affect gameplay, as you could specify ranks (although it wouldn't necessarily be enforced)
Private blakebowling

Postby Inhuman14 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 am

Exactly - It doesn't have to be followed, and I know a lot of people quit when a new recruit joins their game anyways. Why not give those top players a better chance to avoid that and have them advertise for good players?
Ideas in progress:
Corporal Inhuman14

Postby Stroop on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 am

I like playing 1v1 but speed games are often too much of a commitment, as I tend to just walk away from my computer to do whatever (like getting coffee), no matter what I'm doing. I could use this to make casual 1v1 games and alert freemiums that it won't be played real time.

Good idea, I hope it gets done =D>
Major Stroop

Postby Inhuman14 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I'll add that one to the specs. Thanks!
Ideas in progress:
Corporal Inhuman14

Postby yeti_c on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 am

Would the game name need to be unique? or could you have similar names for lots of games?

I think it should be the latter - as the game number is unique.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby blakebowling on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 am

yeti_c wrote:Would the game name need to be unique? or could you have similar names for lots of games?

I think it should be the latter - as the game number is unique.

C.

Right, I was thinking it would be like the "Game Label" option (but it only works on tournament games), and yes, you can have the same name on more than one game.
Private blakebowling

Postby Inhuman14 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:45 am

Yeah, unique names would be incredibly annoying for the player. the game number already gives the game individuality.
Ideas in progress:
Corporal Inhuman14

Postby bedub1 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:35 pm

if you can rename tournament games...why not name regular games?

Lets do it!
Colonel bedub1

Next

Return to Suggestions