Conquer Club

[GO] 48 Hour Round Length

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: [GP] 48 Hour Round Length

Postby spiesr on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:04 am

Captain spiesr

An option for 48-hour (or 72-hour) turns

Postby enjoycocacola on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:41 pm

When you've all of a sudden got stuff going on in real life, the 24-hour clock can be a tormentor, especially when you've got a bunch of games going.

Has CC ever thought to test out longer round lengths as an additional option when creating a game?
Major enjoycocacola

Re: An option for 48-hour (or 72-hour) turns

Postby owenshooter on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:38 pm

enjoycocacola wrote:When you've all of a sudden got stuff going on in real life, the 24-hour clock can be a tormentor, especially when you've got a bunch of games going.

Has CC ever thought to test out longer round lengths as an additional option when creating a game?

in all my years of CC, this is the first time i have seen someone ask for LONGER TIME FOR TURNS@!! ha... i think that is why there are sitters... aren't you in a clan?-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: An option for 48-hour (or 72-hour) turns

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:11 pm

owenshooter wrote:
enjoycocacola wrote:When you've all of a sudden got stuff going on in real life, the 24-hour clock can be a tormentor, especially when you've got a bunch of games going.

in all my years of CC, this is the first time i have seen someone ask for LONGER TIME FOR TURNS@!! ha...

There's a thread full somewhere... You'll see it when this gets merged.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby enjoycocacola on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:46 am

Well there's 5 different options for speed games and only 1 for long games. Why not add just one more? If no one uses the 48-hour option, then just delete it and be done with it.

There are people who play CC who for various reasons (career, personal circumstances, etc.) have trouble always going on and checking the games each day. The flexibility of allowing longer turns would likely reduce the churn rate of CC's membership.
Major enjoycocacola

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:12 am

enjoycocacola wrote:Well there's 5 different options for speed games and only 1 for long games. Why not add just one more? If no one uses the 48-hour option, then just delete it and be done with it.

There are people who play CC who for various reasons (career, personal circumstances, etc.) have trouble always going on and checking the games each day. The flexibility of allowing longer turns would likely reduce the churn rate of CC's membership.

agreed/.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: [GO] 48 Hour Round Length

Postby bloknayrb on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:02 pm

So... why do we still not have an option for longer rounds?
Sergeant 1st Class bloknayrb

Postby littlejerry on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:49 am

Life is not the same everyday. When I had a job and played CC, there were days I didn't have time to take my turns, much less to go on the forum and post about it... And there are times when a missed turn can cost you the game. I eventually got discouraged and quit playing for a long time. Later when I had money for premium, I spent that on something else. More recently I returned, only to be frustrated again for the same reasons. Please allow me to explain.

Now I'm disabled and sometimes my wife or I have to go to the doctor. I live in the country and the doctor is an hour away. That's not much in itself, but that's when we also go to the grocery store or In-laws (another hour farther away), etc. Sometimes we return home to find that I already missed my turn, and sometimes we come home sick or weak or just exhausted (sometimes we can't sleep b/c of illness or the medicine). It's just a game, and real life & family come first, but it is a nice distraction, when missed turns don't cause frustration. Now, I'm not telling this for self-pity, but as an example that many have obligations and circumstances that they have to deal with on certain days.

I understand that some people have more time to spend online, and some days I do to. And some of those same people, who don't just play casually, are the same people who don't want longer turns. Tbh, it doesn't seem fair that the people who choose to play casually (and have less time to spam the forum against an option), are given less consideration. I also play chess online. It only takes a minute or two to take my turn. They have 2-day turns and I LOVE IT! Not because I don't take my turn daily; most of the time I do. No, I love it because It's not stressful on the uncommon day when real life interrupts me. Most people, who don't want to wait, join 1-day (or shorter) games. Others join 1-day and 2-day games, so they always have turns to take, and the longer games are not a problem. And some, like me, mostly join 2-day games, but there are surprisingly few skipped days. I've only joined a 2-day game by mistake once, and it was not a problem. The other player took his turn almost everyday. And I'm sure it would be the same on CC. The 2-day and/or 3-day option would mean there would be less missed turns and deadbeats, not only in the 1-day game, but in all the games. (sometimes people miss 1 turn and get frustrated and don't return to that game.) And for those reasons above, I also believe it would be a good option for all players, not just for those who have money for premium.

Even now, I'm trying to participate in the SoC. However, after my first pair of SoC games, I postponed starting a new SoC game for about a week, until after my next doctor appointment. I would not have missed a turn, but I didn't know that until now. And I didn't want the stress of worrying about a missed turn, since it is supposed to be a casual game.

To all who see this, thank you for your time and consideration.
Jerry 8-)
Corporal 1st Class littlejerry

Postby cpusurfer on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:56 am

At the very least, maybe 36 hours to account for people in different time zones. It can be difficult to take a turn when the time due is in the middle of a work day.

cpusurfer
Major cpusurfer

Postby littlejerry on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:15 pm

cpusurfer wrote:At the very least, maybe 36 hours to account for people in different time zones. It can be difficult to take a turn when the time due is in the middle of a work day.

cpusurfer

Agreed. 48 hours would be preferable, but even 36 hours would give people some breathing room.
And a 12-18 hour option might be good for those who want a faster game? It would help separate the faster players from the slower players and make everybody happy.
Jerry 8-)
Corporal 1st Class littlejerry

Previous

Return to Suggestions