Conquer Club

[EoA] [UI] Advance None Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby hecter on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:08 pm

AK_iceman wrote:It is just you. And to avoid making simple mistakes in gameplay (which we all do at one point or another), instead of adding more buttons to further confuse members, just slow down a little when taking your turn. :)

QFT

You have an hour man, you don't need to see if you can take your turn in under a minute (though I have done that before :) ).
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 pm

hecter wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:It is just you. And to avoid making simple mistakes in gameplay (which we all do at one point or another), instead of adding more buttons to further confuse members, just slow down a little when taking your turn. :)

QFT

You have an hour man, you don't need to see if you can take your turn in under a minute (though I have done that before :) ).

except if it is freestyle RT :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm

I like the idea, I sometimes just automatically click the "advance" button out of habit.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby Adrian Exodus on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm for it, when 1 of your countries has 30+ armies mouse wheeling/scrolling thru that little thing can get annoying so just having the advance(all) button and then adding a 'retreat' button that doesn't advance any armies would be nice for when your cleaning up.
Sergeant 1st Class Adrian Exodus

Suggestion: Easy "Advance None" Button

Postby moo_lol on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:50 pm

When I conquer a country, about 50% of the time I advance all, 40% of the time I advance none, and 10% of the time I advance a fraction of the armies from the attacking territory. So 40% of the time I have to click the drop-down menu and scroll up to 0.

Would you consider an Advance None button next to the Advance button (which is really an "Advance All" button before you mess with the drop-down menu) after a successful attack?
Last edited by moo_lol on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishwasher safe. Garbage disposal dangerous.
Sergeant 1st Class moo_lol

Postby sully800 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:03 pm

I have thought for a long time that there should be an easier way to advance zero men to a country. When you're moving a couple hundred scrolling to zero is an unnecessary pain. But I don't really like the thought of adding another button :?
Major sully800

Postby moo_lol on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:09 pm

It would be a very useful button.

Postby JerenYun on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:42 pm

I know I would love such a feature. I've had problems with Firefox lagging at work (NOT that I play CC instead of working...*cough*) and, when I think I have 0 armies chosen, it really hasn't chosen 0 and ends up advancing armies that I didn't want to advance (which can sometimes be a headache in an Adjacent game).
Sergeant 1st Class JerenYun

Postby kingpin01 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:04 am

The downside would be having another button on your screen that you could push accidentally and ruin your whole game. It would have to be placed far enough away from the advance button that you wouldn't hit it accidentally, like near the end attacks button. I think it would work
Cook kingpin01

Postby Ishiro on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 am

sully800 wrote:I have thought for a long time that there should be an easier way to advance zero men to a country. When you're moving a couple hundred scrolling to zero is an unnecessary pain. But I don't really like the thought of adding another button :?

If not a button, I suppose we could hope that a telepathy add-on is developed for FireFox. :)

... or, just put 0 at both ends of the drop down. So if you have 5 armies to advance, the drop down would be:

with 5 still selected as the default.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby Seinfreak on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:26 am

Or, you click the dropdown and hit the 0 key on your keyboard...
Cadet Seinfreak

Postby Ishiro on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:02 am

Seinfreak wrote:Or, you click the dropdown and hit the 0 key on your keyboard...

Keyboard?

:p
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby moo_lol on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Ishiro wrote:
sully800 wrote:I have thought for a long time that there should be an easier way to advance zero men to a country. When you're moving a couple hundred scrolling to zero is an unnecessary pain. But I don't really like the thought of adding another button :?

If not a button, I suppose we could hope that a telepathy add-on is developed for FireFox. :)

... or, just put 0 at both ends of the drop down. So if you have 5 armies to advance, the drop down would be:

with 5 still selected as the default.

I thought about this too, but then decided not to suggest it because it would be too easy to select that 0 when you mean to select the 5. I know the 5 is default, so why would you scroll to the "select" the 5? But still, it seems to me that it would cause more trouble than a new button.

Advance no armies button

Postby Elwar on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:58 pm

<Subject>:

* Advance no armies button next to the present drop-list.

<Body>
:

* Suggestion Idea: As above

* Specifics: When you attack a territory, you will have the option to select the number of armies to advance or to advance zero.

* Why it is needed
: Its just the latest in my small things that could be done to help CC crusade. Its both annoying with large amounts of armies to select zero as you have to scroll up to select zero, and wasteful of critical time in freestyle / speed matches. Its a simple solution to a simple problem.
Lieutenant Elwar

Postby biznor on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 pm

Aggreed.
Sergeant 1st Class biznor

Postby insomniacdude on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:01 am

It has been suggested before. It was either rejected or pending - I seem to remember some decent discussion on it a few weeks ago. check the To-do list at the top of the forum.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby Elwar on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 am

I cannot find it listed there.
Lieutenant Elwar

Postby Wisse on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:46 am

i can help you
click on the drop list then press 0 on your keyboard and voila
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Elwar on Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:38 am

Yes, thats a much more elegant solution :roll:
Lieutenant Elwar

Postby deathscythe30 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 pm

This is needed baaaaaaaaadly.

Some of us have a tendency to move the mouse a little too fast and accidentally click on move all armies instead of 0, as I intended.

If you release the mouse pointer outide of the area where you scroll how many armies you want to advance and don't notice it and click "advance" you fucked up.

I've accidentally done this a couple of times and it would be nice if there was another button that simply said "Advance 0 armies".

Or perhaps, even better, you could simply type in the number of armies you would like to advance instead of having a scroll list. I think that would be nice.
Private 1st Class deathscythe30

Postby cena-rules on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:36 pm

then slow down

you have an hour to take your turn
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Herakilla on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:53 pm

cena-rules wrote:then slow down

you have an hour to take your turn

thats true but dont forget about speed games. i for one would love to have a advance none button but it would have to replace the position of end attacks that dissapears when you can advance so no1 can really complain too much about advancing none when they meant to advance
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

use the keypad

Postby baianosafado on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:06 pm

If you're in a hurry and want to choose not to advance any armies, highlight the popdown menu, hit '0' and then enter... as nice as it would be to have a button, it doesn't really seem all that necessary and would just add clutter, in my opinion.
Private 1st Class baianosafado

don't advance button

Postby natty dread on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Concise description:
  • Don't advance -button next to Advance -button after succesful assault.

Specifics:
  • When you take over a territory, a menu appears with a dropdown for number of troops to advance and the advance button. I propose putting a "Don't advance" button next to the "Advance" button.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Currently, if you don't wish to advance any troops, you have to select "0" from the dropdown menu and then click Advance. This is troublesome especially when you have large stakcs, and have to scroll down a huge list of numbers. Having a "Don't advance" button would save lots of time and be more convenient than scrolling the menu every time you want to move 0 troops.
  • It would probably also be easy to code. Not a big change but improves the ergonomy of the site.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: don't advance button

Postby jefjef on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 pm

For real? Too hard to select ZERO?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions