Conquer Club

[Site] Conquer Cup/Credits. Allow me to buy them for you.

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Site] Conquer Cup/Credits. Allow me to buy them for you.

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 am

Concise description:
  • Allow me to buy the entry for different players.
  • Allow me to buy 500 credits for other players.
  • Allow me to gift my credits that I have gained.

Specifics/Details:
  • As above, if I want to give an entry or credits away to someone, then I should be able to. Either as a prize for a tournament or a thanks to someone who helped me or even as a birthday gift for one of my friends on the site. Right now we cannot give our own conquer credits away as a prize so this might be a nice way for some of us to thank some players.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Will fill conquer cups up faster.
  • Allow players to award somebody without having to spend 25 dollars on premium.
  • Will foster a happy place :D
Last edited by koontz1973 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Conquer Cup. Allow me to buy you in.

Postby macbone on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 am

I like it, man!
Colonel macbone

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 am

awesome idea.

when i offer a tourney prize of 12 months premium CC gives me an extra 12 months to give away. being able to use that as 5 Conquer Cup entries instead would be great.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 am

greenoaks wrote:awesome idea.

when i offer a tourney prize of 12 months premium CC gives me an extra 12 months to give away. being able to use that as 5 Conquer Cup entries instead would be great.
macbone wrote:I like it, man!

No down sides to this. Site gets more money when players will buy into a tournament for someone who would not. Cups fill faster, we play faster. greenoaks goes bankrupt. :lol:

No down side I can see.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

I thought they had already made a way for this to happen. You might check with rdsrds2120 about it. When it was discussed earlier, Andy was in charge, not rds. So, I'm not sure who would have the best information.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Arama86n on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:09 pm

=D> =D> =D>
What is there to discuss, site wins, owner gets richer, customers get another option they want and will use, etc etc
Major Arama86n

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:48 pm

chapcrap wrote:I thought they had already made a way for this to happen. You might check with rdsrds2120 about it. When it was discussed earlier, Andy was in charge, not rds. So, I'm not sure who would have the best information.

Cannot find a way for it any where. It might be a mod add on in the way of a prize for an official tournament or contest. But as a player, I cannot do it.
Arama86n wrote:=D> =D> =D>
What is there to discuss, site wins, owner gets richer, customers get another option they want and will use, etc etc

And another one like it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:09 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I thought they had already made a way for this to happen. You might check with rdsrds2120 about it. When it was discussed earlier, Andy was in charge, not rds. So, I'm not sure who would have the best information.

Cannot find a way for it any where. It might be a mod add on in the way of a prize for an official tournament or contest. But as a player, I cannot do it.

It might be something that the admin have to do. I remember it being discussed because someone (ViperOverLord?) bet someone else in callouts and he was going to give Conquer Cup entry as the prize for winning the bet.

I'll try to find the discussion.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Ok, so it wasn't VOL, it was aon.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=167134

After this, I thought something was done in the Team CC Forum. I'll check there next.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 am

chapcrap wrote:Ok, so it wasn't VOL, it was aon.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 7&t=167134

After this, I thought something was done in the Team CC Forum. I'll check there next.

Looked in Team CC forum and not found anything. Even the link for aon thread shows this to be a great idea. :mrgreen: I may not of come up with it originally but that is not the issue here. I would like a way to say thanks to some players who help me with maps. Tournament prizes would be given far more often as it is only $5, not $25 for premium. Site grabs money left right and centre. So no one can really object to this. :lol:

Or can they? :twisted:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 am

koontz1973 wrote:Concise description:
  • Allow me to buy the entry for different players

Specifics/Details:
  • As above, if I want to give an entry away to someone, then I should be able to. Either as a prize for a tournament or a thanks to someone who helped me or even as a birthday gift for one of my friends on the site. Right now we cannot give our own conquer credits away as a prize so this might be a nice way for some of us to thank some players.

• Allow players to award somebody without having to spend 25 dollars on premium.

My get conquer credits feature has gone from my side bar? Didnt think you could collect them any longer?
Private Chewie1

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 am

Chewie1 wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • As above, if I want to give an entry away to someone, then I should be able to. Either as a prize for a tournament or a thanks to someone who helped me or even as a birthday gift for one of my friends on the site. Right now we cannot give our own conquer credits away as a prize so this might be a nice way for some of us to thank some players.

My get conquer credits feature has gone from my side bar? Didnt think you could collect them any longer?

Depends on where you are I think. It still shows up for me.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Chewie1 wrote:

Specifics/Details:

Click on Conquer Cup, then click reserve your spot and there should be an icon that says get credits.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby squishyg on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Specifics/Details:

Totes for this!

p.s. Hint Hint y'all, Christmas is coming.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 pm

All good votes to add this in so far. No dissenters. Can anyone find a fault with this?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:04 am

koontz1973 wrote:All good votes to add this in so far. No dissenters. Can anyone find a fault with this?

no, i tried

so let's implement this.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 am

For technical reasons, maybe it would be easier to buy someone conquer credits? That would be a more general solution to this problem.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 am

Metsfanmax wrote:For technical reasons, maybe it would be easier to buy someone conquer credits? That would be a more general solution to this problem.

But if you buy someone CC, that is the same as premium. So why not just buy premium for a person. If the site wanted to give premium for shorter periods (suggested before and rejected many many times) then it would of done so before now.

This is a cheap option to give players a thing to say thanks, award a prize or even a Christmas/birthday present. To give CC to a player, who is to say that they would use them for a Conquer cup. So you reduce the other benefits to conquer cups like a faster fill up time. And you need 5 gifts to get premium.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:42 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:For technical reasons, maybe it would be easier to buy someone conquer credits? That would be a more general solution to this problem.

But if you buy someone CC, that is the same as premium. So why not just buy premium for a person. If the site wanted to give premium for shorter periods (suggested before and rejected many many times) then it would of done so before now.

It doesn't have to be the same as premium. A premium subscription costs 2500 conquer credits; no way around that. If you can buy someone 500 conquer credits, they can't sign up for a partial premium with that; they could either use it for the conquer cup, or they could get 2000 more conquer credits and sign up for premium.

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 am

But if you just buy someone credits, you do not have the knock on effect of cups filling faster or having more varied players playing them. Also, buying someone credits seems to have less of an impact as it is all digital. With the cup entries, you know that the player will get to play at least two games for your money. This has a feeling of actually giving something to a player.

If this turned into a way for me to just give you 500 credits, I probably would not use it. As the giver I want to see you smile when you open the present I left under the tree (its Xmas time so forgive the analogy), or in this case see you play a game that I payed for. That would just give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Giving of credits just does not have the same feel to it and would probably be forgotten soon after implementation. Cup entries won't. Everyone likes games. Going back to giving of credits, this again seems to say, lets give premium in smaller increments. I know someone would still need to win tournaments (if given as prizes) or have 5 people say thank you to them, but it does say, here is next years premium for you.

A third option though, after thinking about your suggestion would be to just have a check box to say 500 credits or conquer cup entry. that I could live with quite happily. But this may bugger the original proposal up for the reasons stated.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Ok, it's up to you I guess. If it were me, I'd be just as happy either giving them enough credits to join the Conquer Cup if they wanted to, or contributing 20% to their effort to become premium and have a whole year of playing as many games as they want.

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

I've been saying this since the very first Conquer Cup. Andy kept promising it was coming. I guess now I gotta start bugging rds.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Majority of people are in favour, only metsfanmax seems to want to alter it so will keep it as is until others chime in.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby agentcom on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 am

koontz1973 wrote:Majority of people are in favour, only metsfanmax seems to want to alter it so will keep it as is until others chime in.

I totally understand the idea of wanting to give something more tangible, like a Cup entry, rather than intangible, like the points.
Colonel agentcom

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 am

agentcom wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Majority of people are in favour, only metsfanmax seems to want to alter it so will keep it as is until others chime in.

I totally understand the idea of wanting to give something more tangible, like a Cup entry, rather than intangible, like the points.

My brain must of been on lock down. You said in one word what took me half a page to write.

Tangible. :oops:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Next

Return to Suggestions