Conquer Club

[Rules] Tutorial for New Players

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Welcome to Conquer Club!! (educational letter)

Postby alex951 on Thu May 27, 2010 12:31 am

Night Strike wrote:There are a series of PMs new members get at various times during their first several games on the site. I believe all this information is included in at least one of those PMs. You may not have gotten them when you were a new member because they may not have been as detailed as they are now (I know the Society of Cooks wasn't public when you joined).

is there a way to get a copy of these? i just want to know the information they provide.
Corporal alex951

Postby jefjef on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 am

Has powers to be actually been shown this?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby alex951 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:44 pm

alex951 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:There are a series of PMs new members get at various times during their first several games on the site. I believe all this information is included in at least one of those PMs. You may not have gotten them when you were a new member because they may not have been as detailed as they are now (I know the Society of Cooks wasn't public when you joined).

is there a way to get a copy of these? i just want to know the information they provide.

anyone? Lack? mods?
Corporal alex951

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:47 pm

I don't have a copy
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby alex951 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 am

I contacted CC and asked for a copy of the letters NR get when they join. After reading I still think that New Recruits will benefit from my educational letter
Hello ###,

We're glad to see that you have joined your first game! As you must have noticed
it's not your turn yet. You now have to wait for your opponents to play. Come
back in a few hours or even tomorrow. We'll send you an email notification when
it's time for your first turn.

Regards,
The Conquer Club

=======================

Hello ###,

Congratulations on completing your second turn! You are getting the hang of it,
aren't you? Did you know that you can play up to 4 games at once for free? Why
not join a few more games? You'll see more action!

Regards,
The Conquer Club

====================

That is as far a I know they get. Once they have completed their 5 games, they
will be invited to join in the Society of Cooks for more teachings should they
want to.

Regards,
king achilles
Corporal alex951

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 am

We are actually looking to employ 'Smart alerts' and 'tips' that will cover a lot of things...We'll see how this goes.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby shanksdigs on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:25 pm

This feels as like part of "Queen_Herpes" suggestions or at least part of one of them for new recruits. I think this one is a good idea as like anything to help the new players to get a grasp of the game moreover an idea of what is happening on this website.
Lieutenant shanksdigs

Location: Premiums, please do not join my games if you cannot play fast/RT.

Postby alex951 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 pm

shanksdigs wrote:This feels as like part of "Queen_Herpes" suggestions or at least part of one of them for new recruits. I think this one is a good idea as like anything to help the new players to get a grasp of the game moreover an idea of what is happening on this website.

QH suggestion is aimed at helping new recruits by creating restrictions I'm trying to help them by simply pointing them in the right direction. Thtas one reason I'm hesitant to support her suggestion because I don't like limitations for the most part
Corporal alex951

Postby alex951 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We are actually looking to employ 'Smart alerts' and 'tips' that will cover a lot of things...We'll see how this goes.

--Andy

Like push notifications on the iphone?
Corporal alex951

Postby Queen_Herpes on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 pm

alex951 wrote:
shanksdigs wrote:This feels as like part of "Queen_Herpes" suggestions or at least part of one of them for new recruits. I think this one is a good idea as like anything to help the new players to get a grasp of the game moreover an idea of what is happening on this website.

QH suggestion is aimed at helping new recruits by creating restrictions I'm trying to help them by simply pointing them in the right direction. Thtas one reason I'm hesitant to support her suggestion because I don't like limitations for the most part

Shanksdigs is right. My suggestion does include referencing an improvement and increased number of PMs (you call them educational letters) to the new recruits. My suggestion has many levels. This suggestion, however, is more detailed and specific regarding the PMs. My suggestion is not so much about restricting as it is about creating a methodology for new recruits to be properly introduced to conquerclub and the game.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

[Revamped] Conquer Club -> Video Tutorial ? [Suggestions]

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey Guys I am thinking about creating a Youtube program for Conquer Club. Ideas are listed below, please feel free to leave your input !

IDEAS FOR CONQUER CLUB YOUTUBE HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO LACK OF SUPPORT.
The Idea of a beginners tutorial is still out there.

If this idea becomes a success, I would be more than happy to lead this project, but would need a lot of help for you guys, my fellow Conquer Club Memebers !

Teams/Groups - Would Be Necessary In Making This Happen.
    * Administration Team
    • This team would help over see that everything is in order and things are in place.
    * Technical Team
    • The Technical Team would input their knowledge into action if needed during production stage and uploading stage.
    * Production Team
    • The Production Team would be in charge of creating videos, as appealing and eye-catching as possible.

* Outreach Team
    • The Outreach team would request ideas from other members of Conquer Club, and would collect information and testimonials on what to put as the next video.
    * Script Team
    • The Script Team would be in charge of creating themes of videos that would address the certain type of video: Outreach, Updates, Entertainment.

Types - Different Audience For Videos
    * Outreach
    • Outreach Videos would aim to bring new players to Conquer Club
    * Updates
    • Update Videos would aim to update current players on the News headlines and on going major events or topics up for discussion.
    * Entertainment
    • Entertainment Videos would do their job of entertaining people, jokes, fun statistics etc. It could even vary to sports events or politics.

1. My idea of the first video would be an Introductory Video to what conquer club is all about. Telling viewers, real testimonials from us about how much we enjoy this site and support it. This will then encourage our viewers to try out Conquer Club hence creating a new audience.

Feel free to give your input and suggestions on how I could improve this idea and the types of videos we could create to make this idea a success. Thanks in advance for all your support and suggestions ! Please Support and Suggest !!!
Last edited by ChewyBlu3y on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class ChewyBlu3y

Re: Making A Youtube Outreach For Conquer Club!

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:52 pm

ChewyBlu3y wrote:How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • xxxxxxx

I totally agree!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:53 pm

LOL Army of God. Thanks for the random support :D <3

Postby Darwins_Bane on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:10 am

he was making fun of the fact that you completely ignored the form...LOL
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 am

I know lol, I posted the empty format previously to editing it

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Does Anyone Want To Give Their Support? [:

Re: Conquer Club Videos On Youtube ! [Suggestion Please!]

Postby SevenSociety on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:13 am

I think its a great idea to help support the site and bring more publicity....nice work!
Major SevenSociety

Location: Highest rank: Brig / Highest ranking: 38 / Highest Score: 3374

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 am

SevenSociety wrote:I think its a great idea to help support the site and bring more publicity....nice work!

Thanks Seven !, very much appreciate it, if you have any input or suggestions, i'll be more than happy to add it !

Postby edwinissweet on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:46 pm

i like the thought you put into it. But you are pretty much suggesting we create like an advertising team. Idk if that would work. But the begginers tutorial would be nice
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks , I would be more than happy to put one together, and if there was need for videos on newsletters on updates for the community. I would be more than happy to. If the idea gets passed, would you mind if i recruit a team?

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 am

MOVED out to Suggestions because El_Jefe has stated that he wants to try to get and retain more people. Working out something like this can help.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Tutorial system

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 pm

As from I heared, the number of players on CC is dropping. New players come, but in the wilderness of the site, they get lost.

I'm suggesting a tutorial system that will lead new players into SoC, into Live Chat, and into the site itself. I have an idea but I don't have the specifics. Maybe some form of a frame that will guide new players.

Something should be done on this matter if we mean to get new players....
Captain dakky21

Re: Tutorial system

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm not sure what the system is like now, but when I joined 4 years ago it was confusing to navigate until a friend who showed me the website showed me how. It was just like 5 p.m.'s about my first turn and stuff like that.

A more in depth tutorial would help keep new people interested. When you join you hate waiting for it to be your turn. Maybe playing a mock 1 v 1 would help them get used to game play and then making them play a doubles, 1 v 1, 6 person standard, and speed game would show them different types of games that they would enjoy. depending on how often they want to take turns they could chose quicker games before they get used to waiting 2 days to take their turn again in a doubles game.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby mc05025 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Thats true.

At my first time I got online I tried to find the classic map (because I knew the board game). I looked at the left. The tab 'my games' was empty. So I cliced the 'join a game' because I wanted to join a game. A list of funny maps showed up. I did not know what to do so I scrolled down till I found a map with the world (it was the classic map) and I joined. After a while the game started. I got in and I wasn't sure who was supposed to play (it happened to be freestyle). I saw the players, and some green and red squears that I didn't know what are these. Anyway I saw the begin turn and I took my turn. I finished the turn and of coarse again I did know who was supposed to play next to me. In addition there was a strange clock that I had no idea what was counting before, during and after my turn. I logged out. The next day the same... I had no idea when I was supposed to take my turn, who was supposed to play etc. After that I missed some turns and I kicked out.
I had the patient to join an other game. I was lucky it was senquential this one. But there were some strange questionmarks. I wasn't sure what were those... maybe there were empty places free to capture? it was hard to say.

Do not expect the newcomers to go through all tubs, read the rules, understand the settings and everything, join a game from the 'game finder' by chosing the map and settings that want to play etc.

The newcomers want to play a speed simple game and see if this is a game that worth to play. Make it easy to start a simple map (classic map) with simple settings (sequential, chaned, no fog, no trench, flat rate, no round limit, up to 4-5 people). Making a tutorial might be a good Idea to.
Last edited by mc05025 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby spiesr on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions