Conquer Club

[UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Limited Assault

Postby mr. CD on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 am

Clickables allready has that function:

Auto-Assault[x]. If theCTRLkey is held while auto-assaulting, then a prompt will appear allowing you to enter the minimum number of troops to leave on the assaulting territory (to be sure that the number of troops does not go below the number entered, assaults will stop if the remaining troops reaches the number entered plus one). This assault is slower than a regular auto-assault because each assault must be executedindivdually--but it is faster than doing it manually. Works in conjunction with Auto-Advance.

If you use that, this function doesn't have to clog up space for everyone, while it isn't useful that often.
Lieutenant mr. CD

Re: Limited Assault

Postby PapaGeek on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:16 am

The ability to assault 25 times is a reasonable alternative. It does reduce the number of required click by that number. Iā€™ve had situations in escalating games where I have 2,000 troops on a territory and someone places 1,500 next to me. There are many situations where I just want to reduce that 1,500 down to less than 10, but not wipe it out, giving my opponent an easy re-take to get a card.

Each single click takes 2 of the 3,500 troops off the board and that take a lot of clicks to get down to a desired level.

A single click that would take 50 troops off the board each time would make things go a lot faster. Once you are down to a level of 50 or so, you can easily switch to the single assaults.

I totally agree that this is not useful that often, but on the few occasions when it is useful, it is very useful!
Lieutenant PapaGeek

Re: Semi-Auto Assault

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:01 am

MERGED at least 10 threads, including 2 from PapaGeek. Don't be afraid to search.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Advanced Auto-Assault Options

Postby Huegelkoenig on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am

somehow i didnt see this thread the first time i searched for similar threads, so i created my own. i'm just gonna post my suggestion here again, so my thread can be closed...
Due to merging, the posting order got a bit confusing, so i cleaned this mess up:

Suggestion: Advanced Auto-Assault

At the moment, the Auto-Assault-Button is implemented like this:
  • Attack as long as you have more than 3 troops and the enemy has more than 0 troops.
    or
  • Attack until you have less than 4 troops OR the enemy has less than 1 troops.

My suggestions would be, to add two textboxes next to the Auto-Assault-Button, where players can enter the amount of troops, for the Auto-assault to stop, manually.

How this will benefit the site:

You often find yourself in a situation like this:
Large stacks vs large stacks.

If cyan wants to attack Maghreb, cyan has two options:
1. Choose Spain or Greece and click Auto-Assault.
2. Choose Spain or Greece and click Assault manually.

The downside of these two options are simple:
Option 1.: Cyan has to advance the remaining troops to Maghreb and his second stack of 400+ troops is left behind the border.
I know, cyan can reinforce them, but maybe cyan already needs to reinforce troops somewhere else.
Option 2.: It takes time and a lot of clicking. And i know, there are games with stacks way larger than the 400...

If you would be able to choose "Auto-Assault Spain->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than (e.g.) 5 troops", you could go on by attacking the remainaing 3 or 4 troops from Greece and have a large stack at your new border.

Another possibility would be, if cyan (in the situation above) doesnt want to conquer Maghreb, but just weaken red there.
He could choose e.g.
"Attack Spain->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than 200 troops or Spain has less than 300 troops"
and
"Attack Greece->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than 10 troops or Greece has less than 300 troops".
Cyan would end up in a situation (except he gets very very bad or very very good dice) where he has ~300 at Spain and Greece and red has ~50 troops at Maghreb.

-----------------

To prevent users from making wrong inputs, you could also consider using dropdown-menus instead of textboxes

edit: i don't like the idea of having "auto-assault x25" or something like that, bc if you have stacks like 1000vs1000 you'd still have to click ~40times to get your opponents stack to <10
Last edited by Huegelkoenig on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Huegelkoenig

Re: Advanced Auto-Assault Options

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm

+1.
I have to many times where I got screwed on Autoassault going from a large stack down into a small one. A limiter would be nice.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

This should go into the command prompt I suggested.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Change Auto-Assault

Postby Serbia on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 am

Concise description:
  • Change Auto-Assault

Specifics/Details:
  • Allow attackers to pick a targeted "leave me with no fewer than xxx armies after my attack"

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Take some of the risk out of auto assaulting

Auto assault is a very useful button, particularly when you're pressed for time. Sometimes though, the risks in using auto assault will keep a player from using it, particularly in build games where troop counts get quite high.

For example, say you've got 750 on Territory A, and your opponent has 600 on Territory B. You enjoy a numbers advantage, but are worried about losing too many. My suggestion would be a separate button, perhaps called "Auto Assault To:". Let's say you want to try your luck, but want to reassess the attack once you're down to 600 on Territory A. Or perhaps you just want to nibble your opponent down some without necessarily taking the territory, but don't want to sit and click Assault 100 times. This extra button would give you new options.

I believe this has been suggested before, or implemented to some degree, as Tripitaka is telling me she's used this in the past, but I am suggesting that we make it integral to the site. Also my apologies if there is already a thread floating around.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Re: Change Auto-Assault

Postby BGtheBrain on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:45 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:53 am

MERGED
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby rishaed on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Its on the to-do list since lack was here and it still hasn't been implemented??! Really?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:48 pm

STICKIED
The base idea is solid, now we need a consensus on the functionality and interface.
Captain spiesr

Postby Armandolas on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:32 am

Huegelkoenig wrote:
My suggestions would be, to add two textboxes next to the Auto-Assault-Button, where players can enter the amount of troops, for the Auto-assault to stop, manually.

i like this
Colonel Armandolas

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Armandolas wrote:
Huegelkoenig wrote:

i like this

+1
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: [GP/UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Postby spiesr on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

SUBMITTED
Captain spiesr

Add Another Assault Button

Postby VioIet on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't follow this forum too closely, so I will apologize in advance if something like this has already been suggested.

I'm currently playing a few City Mogul Fog Trench games. With that map, it is quite easy to develop large stacks of troops after just a few rounds.

It seems that we only have two choices for attacking: assault and auto-attack.

In trench, I have to be very careful about which regions I assault. Sometimes, I don't necessarily want to conquer an opponent's region, but I just want to tap it down.

This is no problem when I have a 50 stack trying to tap down a 20 stack. But a 300 stack trying to tap down a 200 stack is just down-right tedious. I am tired of sitting here, clicking hundreds of times to try to wind it down. I think it would be nice to add another assault button, that allowed you to attack with multiple dice at once without auto-attacking.

I think maybe a button that allowed you to attack in multiples of 6 and another that allowed you to attack in multiples of 10 would be a great option.

As far as how it will help the community- well I would like to think that people would be happy about using such a button when they had really big stacks. It's not common in most maps, but in maps like City Mogul, Hive, Feudal Epic, where large stacks are easily possible, I think this could be very useful. Just more convenient and will allow for faster turns.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby jonofperu on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

+1
Huegelkoenig presented it very well and I completely agree!
Colonel jonofperu

Postby rappel on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 am

Indeed, having just had my first 3000 versus 1500 in a Trench and clicked it down to 2 for them Please go for something like Huegelkoenig's suggestion it's simple and covers all options.

For me the sensible defaults would be:
1. Start with both boxes blank and default to current behaviour.
2. Start with "your" box < 4 and it will automatically default to current behaviour yet be more explicit and help people understand what's going on.
3. Start with "your" box <4 and opponents box <3. It will be different from current behaviour but safe in both stop cases.

2. Would be my preferred.
Captain rappel

Auto-Assault Options

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Concise description:
  • Being able to select how many troops you would like to Auto Assault with.

Specifics/Details:
  • Option of how many troops you would like to Auto-Assault with.
  • Could be done by 5/10/20/50/100/150/200/300... ect. based on attacking troop total.

• In games with excessive numbers of troops, this might promote more activity.
  • Games with large numbers of troops may not last as long.
  • It would be easier to attack with large numbers of troops.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Re: Auto-Assault Options

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:36 pm

TheMissionary wrote:Concise description:
  • Being able to select how many troops you would like to Auto Assault with.

Specifics/Details:
  • Option of how many troops you would like to Auto-Assault with.
  • Could be done by 5/10/20/50/100/150/200/300... ect. based on attacking troop total.

• In games with excessive numbers of troops, this might promote more activity.
  • Games with large numbers of troops may not last as long.
  • It would be easier to attack with large numbers of troops.

Already Submitted :) Under Semi-Auto Assault
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:03 pm

What was the result?
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 pm

TheMissionary wrote:What was the result?

Still sitting in submitted, waiting for implementation. It hasn't come across Beta yet though, so it may be a while.

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=195316
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 am

rappel wrote:Indeed, having just had my first 3000 versus 1500 in a Trench and clicked it down to 2 for them Please go for something like Huegelkoenig's suggestion it's simple and covers all options.

For me the sensible defaults would be:
1. Start with both boxes blank and default to current behaviour.
2. Start with "your" box < 4 and it will automatically default to current behaviour yet be more explicit and help people understand what's going on.
3. Start with "your" box <4 and opponents box <3. It will be different from current behaviour but safe in both stop cases.

2. Would be my preferred.

Agreed.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Semi-automatic attack mode

Postby PapaGeek on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:22 am

Concise description:

When you get into long winded escalating games, for example, game number 13910364 http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=13910364 which is now in round 133 for 12 players, the escalating bonus grows to well over 100,000 troops. There are many situations where you do not want to totally eliminate a huge stack that is positioned against you, you merely want to knock it down to a manageable size. If you deploy 120,000 troops against 100,000 troops, the auto attack button will probably totally eliminate your opponent, not what you want, and using the single attack button would require clicking it about 100,000 times in 3,600 seconds, can't be done in the one hour time limit. I suggest either:

Specifics/Details:
  • A button that allows you to make 1,000 attacks on a single click
  • A button that allows you to attack until either you or your opponent is down to 100 troops
  • For either, a better option would be to display a drop down list to let the attacker select the limit (1,000 or 100, or 10), but that is more work

After the limited semi-automatic attack(s) you could use the single attack button to get the precise numbers you want.

Right now, when you are in a Trench, No Reinforcement game such as the one referenced above, there is no way to achieve the result you want.
Lieutenant PapaGeek

Re: Semi-automatic attack mode

Postby Swifte on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Not the first time we've seen the semi-auto rolls suggested... but I think it'd come in handy in a variety of situations.

If we're going to do it, I'd want to see it as flexible as possible. Let me input "Stop when I kill X amount of troops or when I lose Y amount of troops, whichever comes first".
Colonel Swifte

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions