Conquer Club

[UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Postby Hoff on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:59 pm

Huegelkoenig wrote:Suggestion: Advanced Auto-Assault

At the moment, the Auto-Assault-Button is implemented like this:
  • Attack as long as you have more than 3 troops and the enemy has more than 0 troops.
    or
  • Attack until you have less than 4 troops OR the enemy has less than 1 troops.

My suggestions would be, to add two textboxes next to the Auto-Assault-Button, where players can enter the amount of troops, for the Auto-assault to stop, manually.

How this will benefit the site:

You often find yourself in a situation like this:
Large stacks vs large stacks.

If cyan wants to attack Maghreb, cyan has two options:
1. Choose Spain or Greece and click Auto-Assault.
2. Choose Spain or Greece and click Assault manually.

The downside of these two options are simple:
Option 1.: Cyan has to advance the remaining troops to Maghreb and his second stack of 400+ troops is left behind the border.
I know, cyan can reinforce them, but maybe cyan already needs to reinforce troops somewhere else.
Option 2.: It takes time and a lot of clicking. And i know, there are games with stacks way larger than the 400...

If you would be able to choose "Auto-Assault Spain->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than (e.g.) 5 troops", you could go on by attacking the remainaing 3 or 4 troops from Greece and have a large stack at your new border.

Another possibility would be, if cyan (in the situation above) doesnt want to conquer Maghreb, but just weaken red there.
He could choose e.g.
"Attack Spain->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than 200 troops or Spain has less than 300 troops"
and
"Attack Greece->Maghreb until Maghreb has less than 10 troops or Greece has less than 300 troops".
Cyan would end up in a situation (except he gets very very bad or very very good dice) where he has ~300 at Spain and Greece and red has ~50 troops at Maghreb.

-----------------

To prevent users from making wrong inputs, you could also consider using dropdown-menus instead of textboxes

• It should be possible to disable this feature (to reduce interface clutter) from the Control Panel.

show
Sergeant Hoff

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:21 pm

waste of effort to empliment something like that, just attack down to whatever number you would normally stop at :D :)
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby sully800 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:36 pm

I think it makes sense as a feature. In games with huge army counts, whether it be hundreds or thousands, you probably don't want to attack with all your men very often and this would help in those situations.
Major sully800

Postby gavin_sidhu on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:50 am

i like the idea.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby RexRegis on Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:44 am

sfhbballnut wrote:waste of effort to empliment something like that, just attack down to whatever number you would normally stop at :D :)

If they have implemented it in a good way they should have a constant for that number(3). it isn't that hard to remove the constant and add a variable that the user can change.
Sergeant RexRegis

Postby Dlakavi on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:05 am

great idea
Lieutenant Dlakavi

Postby lackattack on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:14 am

There is a problem here. I have an obsessive goal to keep the interface as simple as possible.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Hoff on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 pm

lackattack wrote:There is a problem here. I have an obsessive goal to keep the interface as simple as possible.

I do like the simple interface, but i dont think one extra drop down menu would add too much clutter. Maybe you could be able to hide it if you do not want to use the feature.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:57 pm

It would only be one more dropdown for this idea, but what about the next idea? And the one after that?
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Bad Speler on Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:17 pm

It wouldnt be that confusing, but set the default at three, so people who are suicidal dont have to change the drop down list that often.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby JTFR on Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:19 pm

Yeah and then fix the d dice which are consistently winning all the critical battles that sway a game, and it doesn't matter the count.ie 11-2 I lose all with auto attack and buddy still has one. Lost 3 ranks this month because of those fucked up dice. Oh wait, where's the vent forum.
<----not a troll. Puppet. P U P P E T. Puppet.
Private 1st Class JTFR

Postby Hoff on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:26 pm

not here, not helping.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Mr. K on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:36 pm

I like this idea, and I also like the idea of keeping the interface simple.

I don't think a dropdown menu would be a good idea, cause then you'd have to have numbers from 1 to an arbitrarily high number. Who is to say whats the highest number i'm going to want to use? 6,12,30,60, more? Instead it could be wise to just have a number box you can edit. It'll say "Limit: [3]"

The default will always be 3, and you can change it to whatever number you want simply and easily. Plus the server wont have to list 80 useless numbers in a dropdown box every single time some one is in attacks.
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby Hoff on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:06 pm

yeah i really like the idea of a box that you edit yourself. It would be much simpler and keep the display simple.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby slash1890 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:33 pm

Don't like the idea. I don't want more drop down boxes. I'm with lack for keeping it simple.
Corporal slash1890

Postby Herakilla on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:52 pm

wow 28 yes 5 no

i like the box yes, drop down? no
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

ok then

Postby dugcarr1 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:55 pm

HERES MY IDEA,,,,,,,HAVE ALL AUTO ATTACKS ATTACK TILL ATTACKER LOSES 5 men then they have to ckick it again

i am the smartest man alive
Captain dugcarr1

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:00 pm

The idea of an editable box sounds like by far the best. Is it possible with the everything we have running, Lack? Or would this be on later down the line, coming out with one of the larger planned updates with Ajax?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby lackattack on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:11 pm

I can also live with the editable box but this would be much later down the line...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:32 pm

I say a greasemonkey script would work right>?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Option For Auto Attack

Postby boyer on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:05 am

Allow the person attacking to have a choice of how many rolls of Auto Attack to do.

Perhaps a drop down menu on how many auto attacks to do.

The reason I believe this is neccessary is that I recently rolled with 23 armies versus 8 and at the end I had 3 armies to the opponents 3. If I had a choice I would have perhpas rolled five times in auto attack and see how I did. If I was losing big, such as this example, I may choose to stop attacking. However, without an option you go all the way down to three armies and stop. I like Auto Attack since it moves the game faster, however, I will probably never use it again due to my latest losses.

I think having the option allows players to move faster without the chance of lossing all of their armies, and perhaps let them change their strategy.

The Priority I would place would be a 4, not super urgent, however would add a big benefit.

Thanks,
Boyer
Corporal 1st Class boyer

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:28 am

its all chance, statisticly autoattack is not better or worse then single attack, at least thats what they keep telling me.

it is a lot faster though. that does help speed games up
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby boyer on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:00 am

Yes it's all a chance, however, if you could strategically stop if your losing, you won't continue rolling and be forced to keep taking that chance.
Corporal 1st Class boyer

Postby Thimble on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:12 pm

i think it's a good idea.

also, there are cases when you don't want to take your opponents territory, so having a limit on how many armies you kill would be nice too.
Sergeant Thimble

Postby Rogi on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:50 pm

Then go with the normal attack.
Auto Attack is for the territory's you NEED to take out FAST. Or for big army clashes. I'm greateful it stops on 3.
Captain Rogi

Next

Return to Suggestions