Conquer Club

[GP/UI] Don't count bot games towards win percentage

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GP/UI] Don't count bot games towards win percentage

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Concise description:
  • Remove bot games from win percentage and games completed stats

Specifics/Details:
  • Do not include any games against bots towards your win percentage or towards your games completed.
  • Perhaps add a new stat for bot games - how many bot games completed, and your win percentage against bots.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Winning games against WhamBot and SassBot is an easy way to up your win percentage and up your rank (if you still need games to improve your rank).
  • User Nathanial has completed 648 games, 381 of which are against WhamBot, 124 are against SassBot. This leaves only 143 games against human players. He has an 89% win ratio, and obviously this is mostly contributed towards bot games. No disrespect meant towards Nathanial, but now this new bot feature undervalues your win percentages and games completed.
Major Gilligan

Re: Bot games towards win percentage

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:43 pm

SUBMITTED
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: Don't count bot games towards win percentage

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow that was fast. :lol:
Major Gilligan

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Yeah, this one is pretty obvious to me. There are zero arguments that could convince me to keep the bot win percentage mixed in with the player win percentage.

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Yeah, this one is pretty obvious to me. There are zero arguments that could convince me to keep the bot win percentage mixed in with the player win percentage.

This is another one that seems more like an oversight than anything else. Bot games don't count toward medals or points, so ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gilligan on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Yeah, this one is pretty obvious to me. There are zero arguments that could convince me to keep the bot win percentage mixed in with the player win percentage.

I would also say to take bot games out of dice stats too. The bots' offensive, risky behavior almost makes you play the same way, attacking 3v1s and whatnot.
Major Gilligan

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Gilligan wrote:

I would also say to take bot games out of dice stats too. The bots' offensive, risky behavior almost makes you play the same way, attacking 3v1s and whatnot.

Does that really matter? I'd see that as an issue only if you use the dice outcomes to judge how someone plays (which I don't think was the intent of recording the battle outcomes).

Postby Gilligan on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:16 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Does that really matter? I'd see that as an issue only if you use the dice outcomes to judge how someone plays (which I don't think was the intent of recording the battle outcomes).

It doesn't have much of an effect on dice stats, but if it's taken out of all of the other stats (medal, win %, etc), why leave it in just that one stat?
Major Gilligan

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

It doesn't have much of an effect on dice stats, but if it's taken out of all of the other stats (medal, win %, etc), why leave it in just that one stat?

The reason I think we should keep it in the dice stats is that the more data we have on player rolls, the better we can assess whether the algorithm is fair.

Re: [GP/UI] Don't count bot games towards win percentage

Postby Armandolas on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 am

i have to agree with OP here, bot should count only for practice
Colonel Armandolas

Postby currahee68 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 am

I definitely agree with the majority that have posted here. Please remove Bot games from the stats.
Major currahee68

Postby Koganosi on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:24 am

Agreed!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby macbone on Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 am

Even though this is submitted already, I agree, too.
Colonel macbone

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 06, 2014 8:13 am

they are good for my win percentage... i am appalled that this is even being considered!!! the black jesus has spoken...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue May 06, 2014 8:28 am

Agree with this completely.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Assassin07 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:35 pm

I agree the bot wins should not count towards game win percent I just played my first bot game and I'm sorry but the bot I played I could of beat if I played the whole game blind .. I do not think it should count towards win percent because those of us that have a decent win percent for the amount of games we have played against humans are proud of it and this takes the honor out of. A good percent
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby a6mzero on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:54 pm

Agree with this.
Major a6mzero

Postby betiko on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 am

Well while we are at it why not make a ratio of games won that actually means something by correlating it with the expected win % of the given game modes played?

This has been asked millions of times. The win % the way it is calculated is a joke and means nothing in the first place, i couldn t care less if the bot wins are removed, it still is bad the way it is. If you re going to fix it, fix it all the way.

Also, shouldn t the bots games played be removed or counted on a separate line than the ranked games while we re at it?
Major betiko

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 am

Well.. at first glance this sounds fantastic.

But taking another look at it.... why is a bot game win any worse than someone, or some team, who's an ace on a particular map, winning against players who don't know that map?

I know you've seen it... folks who put up tens and tens and tens of the exact same game with the exact same settings and invite the exact same team to play it to get their win counts up.

Yeah, someone who doesn't know the map could get lucky - but so can the bots :lol:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Foxglove on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:33 pm

stahrgazer wrote:Well.. at first glance this sounds fantastic.

But taking another look at it.... why is a bot game win any worse than someone, or some team, who's an ace on a particular map, winning against players who don't know that map?

I know you've seen it... folks who put up tens and tens and tens of the exact same game with the exact same settings and invite the exact same team to play it to get their win counts up.

Yeah, someone who doesn't know the map could get lucky - but so can the bots :lol:

Bot games are (should be) outside of the CC reward/point system. They don't generate points, they don't count toward medal wins (other than the bot medal), and they shouldn't count towards a user's win percentage either.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 pm

betiko wrote:Well while we are at it why not make a ratio of games won that actually means something by correlating it with the expected win % of the given game modes played?

Bump or create a suggestion to this effect, and I will support it. :)

betiko wrote:This has been asked millions of times. The win % the way it is calculated is a joke and means nothing in the first place, i couldn t care less if the bot wins are removed, it still is bad the way it is. If you re going to fix it, fix it all the way.

They are separate though, and require separate efforts (even if it's for the same calculation).

betiko wrote:Also, shouldn t the bots games played be removed or counted on a separate line than the ranked games while we re at it?

That's a good idea too.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Foxglove wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, shouldn t the bots games played be removed or counted on a separate line than the ranked games while we re at it?

That's a good idea too.

In the first post already

Perhaps add a new stat for bot games - how many bot games completed, and your win percentage against bots.
Major Gilligan

Return to Suggestions