Conquer Club

[GP/UI] Polymorphic Multiplayer

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: poly team games

Postby Armandolas on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:53 am

Colonel Armandolas

Re: [GP/UI] Polymorphic Multiplayer

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:29 pm

betiko wrote:I think something similar might have been proposed, can't remember...

But I would like to play for example with a partner and 2 slots each, or 2 partners and 2 slots each.... or the infinite combinations poly+team could offer now that games have up to 12 slots.
Maybe doubles poly 2 is the only one easy to do right now, otherwise i guess the 5v5 and 6v6 games would already exist.

MERGED
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Melkor52 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:59 pm

I still believe the easiest answer is to allow a person to play more than 1 slot in a team game. On the same team of course. That way any combination of single/poly/team games could be created. As for point scores, they would be calculated the same way. Total team scores added together and if one person is playing more than one slot then his score is add as many times as the number of slots he's playing. But when you receive your points you only get points for a single player.

This would allow for even more combinations than multiple poly games. You could say have a quads game where two players each took two slots on one team and played against four other players. Or say a triples game with three teams. One team has three players, another has two players with one playing two slots and the third team with one player playing all 3 slots. Lots of combinations.
Major Melkor52

Postby SiriusCowKing on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:35 pm

I don't think polymorphic games should be mixed with team games. The challenge of a team game is mostly to communicate and coordinate. This is not the case in a polymorphic game. If there was a team vs a single polymorphic player, the player would have the edge for sure.

That being said, yes there should be a possibility to have more than 2 players in polymorphic games. There can be more than 2 teams in a team game so why not in polymorphic?
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:I don't think polymorphic games should be mixed with team games. The challenge of a team game is mostly to communicate and coordinate. This is not the case in a polymorphic game. If there was a team vs a single polymorphic player, the player would have the edge for sure.

Not necessarily.
Take a quads team playing a single polymorphic player on a random map:
The quads team only needs one player who knows the map - then the other 3 can all turn to that one player for advice.
The single poly player, on the other hand, doesn't have anyone to turn to if (s)he doesn't know the map.

I like this idea - and I have an idea for a tournament that can use it if it gets implemented. :D

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby jltile1 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
SiriusCowKing wrote:I don't think polymorphic games should be mixed with team games. The challenge of a team game is mostly to communicate and coordinate. This is not the case in a polymorphic game. If there was a team vs a single polymorphic player, the player would have the edge for sure.

Not necessarily.
The quads team only needs one player who knows the map - then the other 3 can all turn to that one player for advice.
The single poly player, on the other hand, doesn't have anyone to turn to if (s)he doesn't know the map.

I like this idea - and I have an idea for a tournament that can use it if it gets implemented. :D

sempai

How would the points be decided and divided up?
Major jltile1

Postby Endgame422 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:51 pm

yes. not sure about the team vs a single polymorphic player but yes to poly singles games and poly teams for sure
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:10 pm

jltile1 wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

Not necessarily.

sempai

How would the points be decided and divided up?

A fantastic question, but not a difficult one to answer.

Let's say player A, taking 4 slots, beats players B, C, D, & E, working as a team.
Using the letters that represent each player to also symbolize their scores, the number of points gained or lost by each player is given by (B+C+D+E)/(4A), which quotient we shall call X.
So, B, C, D, and E will each lose X points.
However, for the net point gain/loss to be 0 (conservation of points), A would then gain 4X points.
Essentially, each player gains or loses X points multiplied by the number of slots they took.

Thoughts on that?
sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Armandolas on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 pm

This suggestion is for poly games only as i dont agree with teams playing against poly

Main goal is :
-multiplayer poly games(something like : 6 dubs teams playing a 12 player game)
or
-team poly games(1 poly2 teamed up with another 1 poly2 versus an equal opponent making it similar to a quads game but only with 4 players)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby SiriusCowKing on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:

Not necessarily.

sempai

Yes that may be true, but unless you get a team that get along perfectly, which is hard to get even in a clan, then the polymorphic player will have the edge. I once did a quad game with only clan mates where I had a perfect plan, my 3 other teammates agreed, but then did other random stuff. This wouldn't have happened with a polymorphic game.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Previous

Return to Suggestions