Conquer Club

Offer Bot games to guests

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Offer Bot games to guests

Postby KernowWarrior on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:33 am

Offer Bot game to 'guest players'. Enable people visiting the log in page to play a bot game without having to register or log in.
By giving the opportunity to try before you buy, I think it will attract more players to the game. Personally I don't join sites that I have to give e-mail address etc, before I know what i'm joining.

The game page could include notifications such as 'join now for free access to more maps etc'

There would be no need to archive games, it would not effect any existing players scores, rank etc

Its would benefit the sight in many ways, It would allow prospective new players to check out the game play before signing up. Prospective players would have the opportunity to play a speed type game. Which in its self would encourage new players, more freemiums = more premiums.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." (Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270))
Major KernowWarrior

Re: Offer Bot games to guests

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

I wouldn't really have a problem with this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby spiesr on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:07 pm

I am not entirely sure that an effectively real time game would be the best representation of a site where the majority of games are 24 hour type...
Captain spiesr

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:12 pm

This is technologically challenging, in the same way that this suggestion is. In the ideal limit, bot games would be treated completely differently from player games, so that this type of idea can be implemented.

On balance, I think spiesr's criticism is less important than the number of people who would join by being able to try the game first. I'm OK with getting extra people to sign up even if some of them will then leave because they can't play real time without subscribing. Some of them will still stay.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 pm

spiesr wrote:I am not entirely sure that an effectively real time game would be the best representation of a site where the majority of games are 24 hour type...

Bot games would still be available, which is why they were signing up.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Vlasov on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:15 am

I like this suggestion! It would be a great way to showcase the huge variety of maps available on CC, even though Bot games only work with certain maps).

Kind of like shopping at a bookstore -- where you can open a book, read the intro and chapter headings, and (maybe) read a chapter to help you decide whether to buy it.
Major Vlasov

Postby dakky21 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:06 pm

And there should be a medal for winning just over one bot, and after you win, you get to register to keep it. It should be valid for current members too.
Captain dakky21

Postby Vlasov on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:17 am

Such a quick cheap medal might not be enough to get new players to come back the next day, and try again. Some of the bot AI's are easy to beat, but others are pretty sharp. A lot depends on the map geography and its size, because bot games are always 2-player games with neutral territories sort of "in the middle".
Major Vlasov

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:59 am

This is brilliant!
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:04 pm

STICKIED because I think this idea had a lot of merit and no one has contradicted that in a month.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Sounds good to me
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mcshanester29 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:23 pm

I think this would be a great idea...and I sort of like the idea of getting a medal for registering after you beat the bot
Private mcshanester29

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:11 pm

SUBMITTED
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby reallybigslick on Mon May 19, 2014 6:16 pm

new players should be made to finish 1 or 2 games vrs bot before they sign up against real players, and then dont show up for their turns causing days delays. Im somewhat new but seems 3 outa 4[ guessing ] new players pull no shows.
Private 1st Class reallybigslick

Return to Suggestions