Conquer Club

log for manual deployment

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

log for manual deployment

Postby edwinissweet on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:17 am

universalchiro wrote:Concise description:
  • After a game is complete, what was hidden in fog game logs is revealed to the public to read. Except where players manually deployed to initiate the game with setting; Initial troops: Manual.

Specifics/Details:
  • Currently after a game is complete, all deployments, all attacks, all reinforcements are revealed in game log, except where each player manually deployed at the start of a game with setting: Initial troops: Manual.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will allow players to learn from the best how they play. Currently there is partial information revealed at the end of a game, why not extend this to full disclosure. No need to reveal some information, but not all the information from a game. There is no need to reveal all information from game setting: Initial troops: Automatic, yet hide information from game setting; Initial troops: Manual.

Since Conquer Club reveals all the information for "Automatic" initial troop setting, then it should also reveal all information for "Manual" initial troop setting.

Concise description:
    log of manual deployments

Specifics:
    Just like we have a log of attacks and fortificaions and such, i would like to have a log of where i put my armies.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    It will allow me, or anyone else that plays more than 1 game at a time to remember where they left their armies.

This might not seem so important, but it is. I went to one of my games, and i knew that i had more territories, i just didnt remember which.
Last edited by edwinissweet on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Re: log for manual deployment

Postby edwinissweet on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:19 pm

please, anyone? [-o<
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby The Neon Peon on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 pm

If you are expecting to see one of your suggestions be made into reality, I'd suggest you stop now to save yourself some disappointment. With that said, this is a good suggestion.

Here is what I have found in this forum:
1. There are suggestions from which lack marked *to do* and have not yet been done. We've had plenty of great updates since then, and many of them were not even suggestions in this forum to begin with. Some stuff like manual deploy and whatnot is getting coded, just not the suggestions being put out right now. (although he does not do them in chronological order, so there is hope)
2. If a suggestion is good enough that it has absolutely nothing wrong with it, and only a few people can say "this is a waste," then no one comments (since there is nothing to say). If no one comments, your suggestion goes to the second page and out of site. If you have a good idea and want people to comment, add on a really stupid portion for people to complain about so that people comment in your thread and it does not die.

Hope that helps.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby edwinissweet on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:33 pm

i'll change the title
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Re: tits

Postby Tupence on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Suggestions are more likely to be considered in detail if they have an appropriate thread title ;)
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby Aradhus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Tupence wrote:Suggestions are more likely to be considered in detail if they have an appropriate thread title ;)

Sure they are.. And guys prefer personality over firm titties.
Major Aradhus

appropriate tittle

Postby edwinissweet on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:01 pm

it had an appropriate tittle, just like the bug i reported... a week ago. That didnt make a mod look at it :roll:

It made you notice it though... guess it didnt do much
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Serbia on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:20 pm

I think the new title worked, and I like the suggestion.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Woodruff on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:25 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:If you are expecting to see one of your suggestions be made into reality, I'd suggest you stop now to save yourself some disappointment.

Particularly if it's a suggestion that improves the workings of the site, rather than just being a cosmetic difference.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Georgerx7di on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:03 pm

edwinissweet wrote:changed the title to get more attention, as suggested

First of all, i dont even know why i bother. I reported a bug five days a go, and there hasnt been a word of it being looked at.

Concise description:

Specifics:
    Just like we have a log of attacks and fortificaions and such, i would like to have a log of where i put my armies.

It will allow me, or anyone else that plays more than 1 game at a time to remember where they left their armies.

This might not seem so important, but it is. I went to one of my games, and i knew that i had more territories, i just didnt remember which.

You know there are little numbers on the map telling you where your armies are. For example, if you have 13 armies in western united states, then there will be a number "13" on western united states.

Maybe you should change the name of the thread back ;)
Major Georgerx7di

Postby edwinissweet on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:changed the title to get more attention, as suggested

First of all, i dont even know why i bother. I reported a bug five days a go, and there hasnt been a word of it being looked at.

Concise description:

Specifics:

You know there are little numbers on the map telling you where your armies are. For example, if you have 13 armies in western united states, then there will be a number "13" on western united states.

Maybe you should change the name of the thread back ;)

yes, but lets say you split ur armies into 4 and you only have 2 stacks left, and since you have 10 games going on at once, you dont remember where you left those armies, possily hours ago from that moment in time.

Yes i will change the name. Now this has gotten the attention i hoped for to begin with.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby edwinissweet on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:04 am

i feel ignored :cry:
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Manual Placement

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 am

Manual Placement

Not sure if this has ever been brought up

When you place your troops in manual all the game log says is that you began to place and then that you have ended turn. It does not say were you deployed.

I suggest that it should also say were you deployed your troops just like your regular turn does.

I find that i drop my men and when it is my turn some one attacks me and my men are gone and i don't remember where i dropped them to begin with. All other placements are in game log and so should manual deployment be in game log.

WPBRJ
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Re: Manual Placement

Postby ljex on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:05 pm

then if you were deploying second you would know where the other person deployed and thus know where would be best for you to deploy. Bad suggestion imo all you need to do is take the time to write a not to yourself in the game chat.
Captain ljex

Postby AAFitz on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:10 pm

ljex wrote:then if you were deploying second you would know where the other person deployed and thus know where would be best for you to deploy. Bad suggestion imo all you need to do is take the time to write a not to yourself in the game chat.

well it would have to remain in the fog for all but you and your teammates obviously...but it would be useful, when reviewing past games to see what was done if nothing else
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 pm

ljex wrote:then if you were deploying second you would know where the other person deployed and thus know where would be best for you to deploy. Bad suggestion imo all you need to do is take the time to write a not to yourself in the game chat.

you can use that logic in any game that is blind

round 10 i turn in a match drop it and move on round 11 rolls around and all my men are gone what do i do?

hmm this is a tough one ohhhh ya i look back at the game log to see what i did and were i dropped all my men and yes it tells me that the guy who took all those men also

i dont have time to type myself notes on silly things like this that can be resolved
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:25 pm

AAFitz wrote:

well it would have to remain in the fog for all but you and your teammates obviously...but it would be useful, when reviewing past games to see what was done if nothing else

ya in blind games it should remain blind so only you see it and in no fog games it should read just like a no fog game so and so placed 4 men on so and so

look i like manual drop but the map i play most drop all on 1 spot and if that one spot is gone when you play your turn you have a right to no were you put all your men
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby edwinissweet on Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm

This just happened to me AGAIN. I go in, drop my armies first, then the guy doest deploy his for 5 hours, then it so happens that he gets first move and good dice. So not only do i not remember where i placed my armies, or where he dropped to kill them. If the game is "sunny" i dont see why it shouldnt be recorded in the log.

Come on guys, give me some input here
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby fumandomuerte on Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 pm

I think it is a good idea.
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

[GP/UI] Manual deploy information loaded after game ending

Postby universalchiro on Sun May 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Concise description:
  • After a game is complete, what was hidden in fog game logs is revealed to the public to read. Except where players manually deployed to initiate the game with setting; Initial troops: Manual.

Specifics/Details:
  • Currently after a game is complete, all deployments, all attacks, all reinforcements are revealed in game log, except where each player manually deployed at the start of a game with setting: Initial troops: Manual.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will allow players to learn from the best how they play. Currently there is partial information revealed at the end of a game, why not extend this to full disclosure. No need to reveal some information, but not all the information from a game. There is no need to reveal all information from game setting: Initial troops: Automatic, yet hide information from game setting; Initial troops: Manual.

Since Conquer Club reveals all the information for "Automatic" initial troop setting, then it should also reveal all information for "Manual" initial troop setting.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Manual deploy information loaded after game ending

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Agreed.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 19, 2014 10:43 am

Why not?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby universalchiro on Sun May 25, 2014 1:14 am

If there are no objections, then let's move this to the approved section and implement.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Foxglove on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:50 pm

This makes sense. Are there any possible reasons why people wouldn't want this?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby universalchiro on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes, the same reason people wouldn't want game log revealed in Fog games, to conceal tactics and strategy. But since CC reveals game log deployments and attacks and forts in fog games upon the conclusion, then manual deployment information to initiate a game should also be revealed.

Foxglove, ready to move to "stickied"?
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Suggestions