Conquer Club

Chat box starting from oldest to newest

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Chat box starting from oldest to newest

Postby EBConquer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 am

Can somebody explain to me why I have to scroll down in the chat box in every single game, every move, every day just to see what somebody wrote. I'm not talking about on phones and tablets anymore because we all know that that's dead but come on. i've looked around and haven't seen it brought up. why would i be concerned about what we wrote at the beginning of the game, every turn?

am i missing something or are you purposely making me proofread all my yesteryear spelling errors. we have got to get w/ the program here and sorry if i'm being a negative nelly but gee-freaking-willakers. I just don't get it. while i enjoy reading posts and seeing what's new, the site enjoyment has literally been sucked right out of me w/in the past 3 or 4 weeks.
Colonel EBConquer

Re: Chat box starting from oldest to newest

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:06 am

EBConquer wrote:Can somebody explain to me why I have to scroll down in the chat box in every single game, every move, every day just to see what somebody wrote. I'm not talking about on phones and tablets anymore because we all know that that's dead but come on. i've looked around and haven't seen it brought up. why would i be concerned about what we wrote at the beginning of the game, every turn?

am i missing something or are you purposely making me proofread all my yesteryear spelling errors. we have got to get w/ the program here and sorry if i'm being a negative nelly but gee-freaking-willakers. I just don't get it. while i enjoy reading posts and seeing what's new, the site enjoyment has literally been sucked right out of me w/in the past 3 or 4 weeks.

This shouldn't be happening. It doesn't happen in my games. That's definitely a bug of some kind, not an intentional plan.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby EBConquer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:17 am

That's strange. It's happening to me on three different OS X Machines, 2 iPads and an iPhone. w/ the desktops i'm using OS X, Firefox v30 w/ greasemonkey disabled. I've cleared the cache, rebooted, nothing. zero addons work on this particular machine which is wierd because my other one here works fine and so does the one at work. meh...

Edit:

well what the h. i just revisited some of my games and the chat is on the bottom now. pfffttt. seriously, i'm not crazy. i'll start paying attention to the circumstances but this has been happening for a bit.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 am

EBConquer wrote:That's strange. It's happening to me on three different OS X Machines, 2 iPads and an iPhone. w/ the desktops i'm using OS X, Firefox v30 w/ greasemonkey disabled. I've cleared the cache, rebooted, nothing. zero addons work on this particular machine which is wierd because my other one here works fine and so does the one at work. meh...

Edit:

well what the h. i just revisited some of my games and the chat is on the bottom now. pfffttt. seriously, i'm not crazy. i'll start paying attention to the circumstances but this has been happening for a bit.

You're probably not crazy...:)

They fix bugs constantly, so there probably was one there and they got it...
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby EBConquer on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:01 am

Thanks Duk. So, what's weird is the machine i was talking about last night.... my GM scripts weren't working last night. Incidentally, i had a MS Office update that was wanting to install (had to shut down firefox to do so) and finally installed it this morning. Voila... all my greasemonkey scripts are working now (on this particular machine). No restart or anything. The scripts are just working now.

So now... I'm back to square one w/ the chat and log starting from the oldest first. Same thing w/ all my other CPU's running firefox. iOS seems to work fine on the iPad and iPhone but it's OSX w/ Firefox that's broken. Chrome and Safari start as they should but not Firefox. Bummer. I suppose i'll start an e-ticket. Wanna see first if Chrome and Tamper work though first.

EDIT:

It's official. Just installed Tampermonkey on Chrome in OS X and a few plugins from tools.conquerclub.com and the chat/log is starting from the beginning instead of later. I'll see if i can narrow it down then post to bugs.

EDIT #2:

I disabled everything and brought them back one by one and it seems to be working now. meh. whatevs. i'll be in touch.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:46 pm

First place to start would be disable Chatglove and Team Message and add-ons like that, and see if it helps. Also, any custom clan-based add ons.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby EBConquer on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks. Yeah, it's def an addon i've narrowed it down to.

I thought all the tools on tools.conquerclub.com are meant to play nicely w/ the panels.

I'll narrow it down a bit more and thanks for the reply, Duk.

Edit:
It's "assault odds" that's causing the problem. :P (not sure why i'm happy about the epiphany) lol
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:16 am

EBConquer wrote:Thanks. Yeah, it's def an addon i've narrowed it down to.

I thought all the tools on tools.conquerclub.com are meant to play nicely w/ the panels.

I'll narrow it down a bit more and thanks for the reply, Duk.

Edit:
It's "assault odds" that's causing the problem. :P (not sure why i'm happy about the epiphany) lol

Oh, yeah, about assault odds.

For whatever reason dgz's version of Assault Odds doesn't work in Panel Mode. Foxglove had a version that worked in panels, but I can't find it now.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby tigerbob on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 am

Dukasaur wrote:Oh, yeah, about assault odds.

For whatever reason dgz's version of Assault Odds doesn't work in Panel Mode. Foxglove had a version that worked in panels, but I can't find it now.

Would you clarify what you mean here? My panel has a tab for Odds. I was under the impression that came from dgz. Do you mean it doesn't return correct values? or is that version from Foxglove? I haven't used it in the last few days, but i did use it during an exam game and it seemed to be working just fine.
Sergeant tigerbob

Postby EBConquer on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:46 am

tigerbob wrote:

Would you clarify what you mean here? My panel has a tab for Odds. I was under the impression that came from dgz. Do you mean it doesn't return correct values? or is that version from Foxglove? I haven't used it in the last few days, but i did use it during an exam game and it seemed to be working just fine.

Yeah... it works although, for me, the chat box starts from the Oldest vs the Newest. Kind of a problem when you're on a mobile. I disabled it and it starting working properly.

BTW... thanks Duk... i'll look up Foxy's version! :)
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:32 am

tigerbob wrote:

No, I don't think it would return incorrect values. My problem with it was that it simply sat there and did nothing. Wouldn't return any values at all. If it's working okay for you, I wouldn't worry about it.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Conquer Club Discussion