Conquer Club

Lag

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Lag

Postby Tviorr on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:16 pm

For the past several days Ive experienced heavy lag. - To the point that every turn I take in every game has to be reloaded, often several times before I can get through it.

It culminated earlier today when I got some non-communication message taking a turn in a game, but could safely ignore it as my other window showed my waiting olympic speed tourney still loading with 6 people in it. -

I proceeded to take a few turns and went to and from the computer getting some lunch and was quite surprised when the next message I got was to say that Id been eliminated from the speed tourney.

My other window was at this point still showing loading with 6 people on the join list.

Is this the same for everyone or is it just me. - If its just me what can I do to get rid of the endless, endless, endless freezeups, failed communication messages and sorry it died screens. Its been going on all weekend for me, pretty much without breaks. Seems like I consistently loose connection with conquerclub for brief periods (up to 20 seconds maybe) and that I consistenly get 1-20 of those periods every 5 minutes.

Ive got Chrome, Bob and an updated Java.

Anyone have any ideas?
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Location: 3 clicks beyond madness. - or in Ikariam - eta server. Write me for an invite and startup help.

Re: Lag

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:09 pm

I've always had CC slower on chrome compared to other browsers
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Tviorr on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:56 pm

This isnt really a question of slow. Its a question of lots and lots of crashes.

Never had a problem with chrome before. Not sure if some stuff was/is slower, but in my experience even when the big escalating stacks hit the hive, chrome worked eventually where the few other browsers I tried tended to seize up completely.

Im willing to try pretty much anything at this point, though, so which browser would you recommend?
PM me for an invite to Ikariam, a balanced strategy MMORPG centered on a city-based empire. Help and extra resources from me and an extra tradships and a small science bonus to both of us if you do :-)
Major Tviorr

Location: 3 clicks beyond madness. - or in Ikariam - eta server. Write me for an invite and startup help.

Postby Tviorr on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am

As per advice Ive deleted Bob, disabled tampermonkey, cleared the cache, restarted the browser

then turned on the new panel feature and dropped the info below the map.

I still get the same mini crashes over and over and over and over.

Any ideas?
Major Tviorr

Postby jackal31 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:36 pm

I had them all day today too. Instead of turns lasting only a few seconds to minutes, they were taking between 5 and 10 minutes to complete.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Return to Conquer Club Discussion