Conquer Club

chat thing........

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

chat thing........

Postby timogl on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 pm

over on tbe right. its new, it seems, and its annoying. how do we kill it? thanks.
Captain timogl

Re: chat thing........

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 pm

timogl wrote:over on tbe right. its new, it seems, and its annoying. how do we kill it? thanks.

Settings. There's an announcement detailing this info. Good luck
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby EBConquer on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 pm

timogl wrote:over on tbe right. its new, it seems, and its annoying. how do we kill it? thanks.

Is this on now by default?

Tim... you can click the 'settings' button on the left in your personal menu and uncheck the very bottom option... "Show Global Chat". That should do the trick.

I think i'll copy/paste this as it seems to be coming up a lot now.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Swifte on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:03 am

You can also Minimize the Global Chat window by clicking on the word ***Chat*** in the top left side of the Global Chat Box
Colonel Swifte

Postby glide on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:10 am

EBConquer wrote:

Tim... you can click the 'settings' button on the left in your personal menu and uncheck the very bottom option... "Show Global Chat". That should do the trick.

This was helpful, and worked fine for me. So, imagine my frustration 3 hrs later when I log on and find a whole new method of getting information and playing your turn has been forced on me and everyone else......wtf? This may be the last straw! I am tired of drastic changes that force people to figure things out repeatedly, with no prior warning, or apology, or apparent fix.......this is crap and I am tired of it.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby Swifte on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:28 am

glide wrote:
EBConquer wrote:

This was helpful, and worked fine for me. So, imagine my frustration 3 hrs later when I log on and find a whole new method of getting information and playing your turn has been forced on me and everyone else......wtf? This may be the last straw! I am tired of drastic changes that force people to figure things out repeatedly, with no prior warning, or apology, or apparent fix.......this is crap and I am tired of it.

other than the new global chat window... what changed?
Colonel Swifte

Postby glide on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:18 am

well, for no apparent reason, all the buttons for attack, auto, reinforce, etc all moved up to the right of the map, and you have to click the right button on top before they become apparent.....I just don't appreciate change for the sake of change, especially when there is no warning....obviously these changes are being made to accomodate SOMEBODY, but perhaps those of us who have been paying customers and loyal to CC for 8 or so years should be taken into consideration before catering to one type of user. I may be wrong, but frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn. Almost had enough.
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby rufus3000 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 pm

And now today game play is slower than it's been in ages.

I wish this site would make changes that make playing the game a better experience.
Captain rufus3000

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:31 pm

glide wrote:well, for no apparent reason, all the buttons for attack, auto, reinforce, etc all moved up to the right of the map, and you have to click the right button on top before they become apparent.....I just don't appreciate change for the sake of change, especially when there is no warning....obviously these changes are being made to accomodate SOMEBODY, but perhaps those of us who have been paying customers and loyal to CC for 8 or so years should be taken into consideration before catering to one type of user. I may be wrong, but frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn. Almost had enough.

My attack buttons and everything are still in the same spot below the map. Are you sure you didn't add panels or modify panels accidentally? Nothing has been done to those positions with the addition of global chat .

Global chat was announced and a write up was given on how to use it and turn it off if you didn't want it.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby glide on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Well, all I can tell ya is that when I wrote that, a few hours ago, everything had been moved to the right of the map, and was confusing, and involved extra steps to attack, and reinforce, and actually end the turn. Then magically, when I took my one turn available just now, it was back to the way it was, with the buttons below the map as they were, and clearly marked. The other new images are still on the side of the map, but at least the controls are back. And no, I did not adjust or change anything. I REALLY try to be careful about that, because I am so bad at it.....lol.....luckily I have a few friends who have helped out in the past, but this time, nada.....so, maybe somebody learned something quickly, and re-adjusted? Don't know, and shouldn't have to as far as I'm concerned. I normally have 50 or so games going at any time, but currently am at 23, and am seriously wondering if I should create new ones right now. And as for the written instructions or explanation, should I have to go looking for it? If it's ok for management to automatically send me pm's about the CC Dispatch, then the same should go for changes that will effect my games and playing. 99% of my forum reading is Xi Games Forum, although I sometimes have a quick peek at the public forums if I am looking for something, but I feel I shouldn't have to look thru all the threads to ensure I'm not missing an announcement. As I said, if management can send us unasked for pm's monthly about the CC Dispatch, they can do it for changes as well. WE are the customers. You don't pop into the dealership you bought a new car from to see if there's any recalls every month do you? lol
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:27 pm

No idea what your display changes was, doesn't sound like any updates recently.

The newsletter is something different then updates & announcements (but if you read it you'd find it also did cover the global chat) and have expected it when they released it.

Meaning....you complaining about them not telling you about something and then complaining about the method of telling you of upcoming things ...

Far as the car purchase and what not goes, that's true. But in this case they did outreach, but you ignored it. But if you were interested in looking to see if your car has a recall and ignore the outreach, that person would need to go look at their recall information. (Aka if you want to find a announcement about something, you can generally look in announcements).

For the display issue, if it happens again take a screen shot and post in bugs so we can help you further.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby codierose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:25 pm

personal Menu
settings
right down the bottom
chat settings
global chat turn off or on up to you :D
Lieutenant codierose

Return to Conquer Club Discussion