Conquer Club

Irritation is setting in.....

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Irritation is setting in.....

Postby jackal31 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Why is it, every time I log in anymore, things have changed to the extent it makes more and more people unhappy?

For instance, I have now logged in and find the prompt/drop down box at the bottom, extending across the entire bottom. So now, when I take my turn, the dice bar comes up on the left and block part of the map I am working on. And just as it did, a mistake happened. I am getting tired of having to combat these changes instead of being able to work with them.

Aside from this latest occurance, other larger maps (such as Pot Mosbi, Eurasia, and some others) cause the Overview box to shrink. So before taking turns, I have to relocate it to adjust reading the log and the chat effectively.

It has also been added to suggestions to add a "show all snaps" in the snap tab. If there is a "show all chat" and a "show entire log", then a wise person making all these changes might want to consider this nifty little adjustment so it doesnt piss off paying customers like me who have to "show all chat" and pilfer through all the chat to find each snap and navigate it that way. ITS FREAKIN ANNOYING!!!

Sometimes, when something isnt broke, it doesnt need fixing! Stop screwing around with things that arent broke.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Re: Irritation is setting in.....

Postby glide on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:01 am

I heartily agree!! It seems EVERY time I log on throughout the day to take turns, something has changed. The latest one seems to be that there is now a big blank space to the right of my maps, and both sets of stats are below the map....I now have to click a box to see the log, and have twice ended an attack in error.....the END box is on the right, where I go to out of habit to continue, and there are many other little irritating things happening. This is just getting to be over the top too much! EVERY TURN it seems I have to carefully read every little thing so as to be able to complete my turn correctly, as I wanted to............for instance......I shouldn't have to go looking and searching to find out what cards I have, or what the next set is worth......it used to be right up front, and easy to spot......this is just crap. I have reverted to Firefox 30.0 so that BoB would work, and am now constantly bugged by Firefox to update to the dreaded 31.0.......I realize I can switch to "never" but am not pleased with that idea...........just a complete mess, and seems to get worse daily.
Suspicious that all was fine when the site was sold.......very strange way to run a business that WAS successful.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 am

You think conquer club controls what Firefox does in their updates?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby glide on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:00 pm

IcePack wrote:You think conquer club controls what Firefox does in their updates?

bartender? I'll have whatever he's drinking. :lol: No, I didn't say that. awww nevermind...I don't need any more heartburn.....
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 am

IcePack wrote:You think conquer club controls what Firefox does in their updates?

Not all the issues are from Firefox. Sure, it caused several problems with their last update, but the main issue is all the changes on CC.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:07 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Not all the issues are from Firefox. Sure, it caused several problems with their last update, but the main issue is all the changes on CC.

Right. But I was replying specifically to the portion of his comments directed at Firefox 31
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby danfrank666 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Why the constant loading after every roll ?

any idea why it timeouts :roll:
Cadet danfrank666

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

danfrank666 wrote:Why the constant loading after every roll ?

Can you provide more information?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Genoke on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:23 pm

IcePack wrote:

every time i attack, 'loading' is needed to give results on the dice...sometimes even time out (needs a refresh)

that's just a small problem...but i've got bigger ones....
if i want to use firefox....
1. i can't attack, since i can't choose the territ i want to attack to and....same with reinforcements
2. i can take a snapshot when i just loaded the game, but if i puch a button, can take snaps anymore
3. can't refresh my game (after looking at a snap)
4. if i take snap or say something in chat, chatbox moves to bottom of the page

if i use explorer:
no bob, no tools...

what do i need to do now....taking my turn with explorer, but looking at tools and taking snaps with firefox. normal turn of 2-3 min, cost me at least 5 now. :(
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Genoke wrote:
IcePack wrote:

every time i attack, 'loading' is needed to give results on the dice...sometimes even time out (needs a refresh)

that's just a small problem...but i've got bigger ones....
if i want to use firefox....
1. i can't attack, since i can't choose the territ i want to attack to and....same with reinforcements
2. i can take a snapshot when i just loaded the game, but if i puch a button, can take snaps anymore
3. can't refresh my game (after looking at a snap)
4. if i take snap or say something in chat, chatbox moves to bottom of the page

if i use explorer:
no bob, no tools...

what do i need to do now....taking my turn with explorer, but looking at tools and taking snaps with firefox. normal turn of 2-3 min, cost me at least 5 now. :(

Following what BG says, 3rd party scripts and Firefox 31 / Greasemonkey have several issues.
This is further complicated because user scripts is down . But I think it's rehosted elsewhere . But make sure you have clickies 4.22 if your running them.

But ultimately, site version of BOB that's supported is thru panels (go to settings and turn panels on) and has a site version of clickies that's supported.

Takes some getting used too, but you might consider changing to those.

IcePack
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Genoke on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks for the comments BG and Ice... turned of BOB, went to settings...where i chose yes for my panel....and it's options.

could take a whole turn again with firefox...i'll start a game against bot to see if everything is working again and if yes....i can tell my clan :D
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:08 pm

The panel FAQ / how to guide in case it helps; I believe BG referenced it:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=200172
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Genoke on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:23 pm

actually game panel is very easy to use....didn't even needed a guide :D
have seen this before when i had to sit for someone...but yes, now i need to get used to it. will start tomorrow...

again, thanks folks. (now i can get some pleasure again playing CC) :mrgreen:
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Return to Conquer Club Discussion