Conquer Club

Am I doing something I shoud not do?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Am I doing something I shoud not do?

Postby sheilahsay on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:08 pm

I have learned from example of other players. When there is an opportunity to advance in a game to take it.

Perhaps I have gone to far.

When playing and setting a truce with another player. I am stead fast in keeping that truce. The player can have i troop on the truce region. While I could have 120 troops on the opposing region.

Case in point.

Truce between 1 of my regions with 120 troops. With 1 troop on 1 region and 172 troops on another region. Of the player the truce was with. I take and finish my turn. All is copacetic. When returning to take my next turn. I come to find no more 172 troops on that border. Instead there are 1 troop on each region I had the truce with by an invading player. (Who's turn is 4 players before mine) Also the player (who's turn is before mine) I had the truce with invaded the player that invaded the 2 regions with the truce on the other side of the map.
This not only left the player the truce was with severely weakened and also left the 2 regions in invading players possession.
Seeing all this there was an opportunity for me to gain new regions and spoils with my 120 troops. This is exactly what I did. Taking the player out of the game and gaining new regions with spoils.
At this point I also had to take a region with my invading troops. This region and another of my region had a truce with the same player. The taking of that region was with my invading troops from what was a non-truce region.
The way I saw the map when it was my turn. Our truce was no longer in effect with prior invading troops on said troop regions. The other region with a truce was not invaded by my opposing region. Rather it was taken by my invading troops.
My question is. Did I do something I wasn't suppose to by invading? If I did. Than what is the sense in playing if opportunities can not be capitalized on.

Sheilah Say
[b]"Never under estimate the power of denial"[/b]
Sergeant 1st Class sheilahsay

Re: Am I doing something I shoud not do?

Postby Kaskavel on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Hehe, yes, it is a grey area. And it could become more complicated if the game was freestyle. It is usualy a good idea to have some troops in boarders, even if truce is active, for various reasons. This is one I guess.
Anyway, if the game has a "static" character (my continent, your continent), I would not attack. Just because the Australian player decided to charge into S Europe, this does not mean that me (African player) can now capture Greece and hold it.
If the game is more dynamic, I would exploit the situation
Colonel Kaskavel

Re: Am I doing something I shoud not do?

Postby sheilahsay on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Thank you for the reply.

and

That's exactly what I did.
Exploit the situation.

Sheilah
[b]"Never under estimate the power of denial"[/b]
Sergeant 1st Class sheilahsay

Return to Conquer Club Discussion