Conquer Club

Low rating from beaten player (Rob1963)

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Low rating from beaten player (Rob1963)

Postby USBrit on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:01 am

[Q&A]

Hello Conquer Club.

I can't fiund an answer to this right away, tho I guess it must have been raised before. Apologies if so:

Could you please help? I've recently registered an account and see that players have a "rating" next to their names. I've only been rated twice so far by opposing players, but because of one player's unfair rating, I've now got a 3.0 rating, and most players seem to have a 4-5 rating. This seems unfair, as the player who rated me with one star (Rob1963) hasn't really been honest with his rating. And he gave me one star for "gameplay" when I actually beat him. Is this allowed as it doesn't seem right that he can do that. He also said I was complaining - but I hardly think my comments count as complaining.

Hope you can help. The game number is 14890248

[/Q&A]
Private 1st Class USBrit

Re: Low rating from beaten player (Rob1963)

Postby Royal Panda on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:10 am

It appears your opponent was just a bad loser, unfortunately there isn't anything you can do except ask him nicely if he will remove the rating.

If he doesn't it's no big deal. Your rating will go up to a more appropriate value after you play a few more games - most people rate fairly. Ultimately, no one here really cares too much about those ratings anyway, your score is what people will judge you by.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby USBrit on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Thanks Royal Panda. I just wasn't sure how important the rating was. If it's not that important, I'll let it go
Private 1st Class USBrit

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 pm

It looks like there is an error in calculating the overall rating. I started a bug report about it.

Aside from that, I agree with Panda that your opponent was just being a sore loser, and your rating will improve once you play some more games.

The usual term used around here is FAMO (Foe And Move On) - If you add him to your foes list, you won't have to play him again. (Though he can only rate you once, anyway) I don't usually do that unless someone is really abusive in chat, but it is an option for you.
Brigadier degaston

Return to Conquer Club Discussion