Conquer Club

WWII Poland

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

WWII Poland

Postby dcc1220 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 am

Any advice for someone who has never played this map?
Major dcc1220

Re: WWII Poland

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:26 am

Take and hold PAF.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby jammyjames on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 am

patience is key... play it with fog, take a plane.. wait for your opponent to move first. then come in for the kill out of your base spot.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 am

Actually, it's not always smart to take the PAF first... a nice strategy is to build and wait for someone else to take PAF, then jump in and take it from him.

And whatever you do don't move all your troops on a plane. If you're left with nothing but planes it'll be impossible to win the game, unless all other players only have tanks...

Postby fumandomuerte on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:02 am

1) Never reinf. a plain with all your troops. You can sacrifice 3 or 4 troops to use your planes in case of emergency, but your generals are more important.
2) Never take a tank in front of your general if you're not moving to the P.A.F., Tadeusz, Staislaw, Wladyslaw or to block the exit of your opponent's general.
3) Never play against samuelc812 or moi 8-)
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:21 am

Also it's better to park your troops on a normal territory instead of a tank, since tanks are vulnerable to plane attacks.

Postby jammyjames on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:46 am

natty_dread wrote:Actually, it's not always smart to take the PAF first... a nice strategy is to build and wait for someone else to take PAF, then jump in and take it from him.

And whatever you do don't move all your troops on a plane. If you're left with nothing but planes it'll be impossible to win the game, unless all other players only have tanks...

jammyjames wrote:patience is key... play it with fog, take a plane.. wait for your opponent to move first. then come in for the kill out of your base spot.

yeah nicely read natty... you pretty much summed up what i said.. unless armies are becoming in excess of say 40 on one spot... the best thing to do is wait. when over 40 armies with unlimited forts.. occassionaly it is best to tae paf with your stack. then take the tank in front of your other base and fort all men to paf... that generally seals victory with moerate dice i think. :D

im at 74% win ratio on this map so you can trust me :)

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 am

The thing is, when you take PAF, you immediately become a target for everyone else in the game... So if you take it, you have to be sure you can also hold it. When you fort all your troops on PAF, you leave your generals vulnerable, so if someone else manages to take PAF from you, you're screwed...

Postby jammyjames on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:05 am

yeah agreed on that... but when you have that many men on the board its pretty much for then on out anyway

Postby jleonnn on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 am

i always build up a bit first... always try to take 2 planes on the first turn... if you opponent attacks twice he's usually attacking a general or the paf. By having planes, you now know where the opponent's tanks are and you know which general he is going to take, assuming he is taking a general. then, attack the general. see if he has taken paf. If he hasn't continue till you hit the general. it's not a good idea to to go straight for the paf. no doubt sometimes the dice work wonders and you may win, there is a low chance of that happening.

And remember, the attacker has the advantage over the dice... the bigger the numbers, of the attacker or both players, the more chance the attacker has. Many of the experienced aor1 players realise this. i had 140v150 and i was the 140... i won with 50 left over. i had 1000v1000, i won with 200 left over.

second, don't attack or bombard tanks allowing starting generals to come out. There might only be a 1 at the tank but there might be a, say, 20 troops. then he gets +3 autodeploy...23 then he gets 3/4(depending on whether he has planes) so 27. then he comes out and attacks. even if there is a 1 in the general, +3 then +4 bonus becomes 7. quite a lot. A general cannot get through his own tank, and has to fort to the tank in order to use this stack.

third, after an assault on paf and a few generals, if u see that you don't have enough troops to keep paf, fort to the general behind an opposing tank. That way, the autodeploy and the bonus will be enough to counter attack if someone takes paf.

If you don't want to take this advice written from jleonnn, the world's biggest idiot, you can always check my experience on WWII poland with map rank:

" WWII Poland | lieutenant 60 | +740 | 118 from 174(68%) | 82 | Serial Killer (68%) 50|equalitarian(0.885) "
General jleonnn

Postby erazor on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 am

I have a good advice for all of you guys, you can play that map if you want, but avoid the master, never heard of the razor!??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Lieutenant erazor

Postby natty dread on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:50 am

Sounds like a challenge.

Postby ask me2 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 am

natty_dread wrote:Actually, it's not always smart to take the PAF first... a nice strategy is to build and wait for someone else to take PAF, then jump in and take it from him.

No they could all dead beat or if it's nuke You could nuke them all. : P
Captain ask me2

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:44 am

ask me2 wrote:No they could all dead beat or if it's nuke You could nuke them all. : P

Oh thank you. Like I didn't know that. You're really adding valuable input to the discussion.

/sarcasm

Postby ask me2 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:47 pm

natty_dread wrote:
ask me2 wrote:No they could all dead beat or if it's nuke You could nuke them all. : P

Oh thank you. Like I didn't know that. You're really adding valuable input to the discussion.

/sarcasm

I was just proving you wrong.
Captain ask me2

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 pm

ask me2 wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

/sarcasm

I was just proving you wrong.

You weren't proving anything. You were giving irrelevant "what if" situations to look for loopholes in my statements in an attempt to look smart and witty.

Sure, you can win if it is a nuke game (and you manage get the cards to kill your opponents before they slaughter you) or if all other players deadbeat. Or if lackattack decides to add a cheat code in the game. Or if a meteor hits all the other players in the head and they die. These are all unlikely events and irrelevant to the discussion.

Postby jleonnn on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:59 am

erazor wrote:I have a good advice for all of you guys, you can play that map if you want, but avoid the master, never heard of the razor!??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

I've already beat you more than once :twisted:
General jleonnn

Postby Little Witt on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:24 pm

erazor wrote:I have a good advice for all of you guys, you can play that map if you want, but avoid the master, never heard of the razor!??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

play me when ever you want Razor. i hope you know what your dealing with :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

WWII Poland Colonel318 +1682 348 from 530(66%) 413 Serial Killer (73%)57 Point Hoarder (0.713)
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby jleonnn on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 pm

same for me! You're not the only poland master around. In fact, why not we play a 3 way game some time? In the meanwhile, you up for a 2 man game, witt?
General jleonnn

Postby jleonnn on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 am

for anyone who's interested, it's game Game 6472989
General jleonnn

Postby jleonnn on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:12 am

...and i won! So folks, don't mess with the LUCKY master! ;)
General jleonnn

Postby 72o on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm

It helps to be a lucky bastard on this map and take PAF on the first turn without losing an army. Game 6413079
Sergeant 72o

Postby nippersean on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm

72o wrote:It helps to be a lucky bastard on this map and take PAF on the first turn without losing an army. Game 6413079

Do you think they'll win that game tho? Still don't like that strategy myself.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby anonymus on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am

nippersean wrote:
72o wrote:It helps to be a lucky bastard on this map and take PAF on the first turn without losing an army. Game 6413079

i do, i would say go for paf turn 1 or 2 every time.. trust in the dice!
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Cook anonymus

Postby nippersean on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 pm

anonymus wrote:
nippersean wrote:

i do, i would say go for paf turn 1 or 2 every time.. trust in the dice!

Nah - he lost
Brigadier nippersean

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion