Conquer Club

Freestyle strategy - hold bonuses w/o defending

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Freestyle strategy - hold bonuses w/o defending

Postby Herbas on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:00 am

So the only strategy against them is just to "join em!" ? :roll:

Suuuucks.
Colonel Herbas

Postby FabledIntegral on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:52 pm

I never understood why they didn't just ask a delay setting for clickable maps. Something like after taking a territory, there's an automatic at least 2 second delay before you can conquer another territory. Still probably faster than using drop downs, and keeps the convenience factor.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:I never understood why they didn't just ask a delay setting for clickable maps. Something like after taking a territory, there's an automatic at least 2 second delay before you can conquer another territory. Still probably faster than using drop downs, and keeps the convenience factor.

Speaking of delays, a lot of people play manual speed freestyle now because the last person that goes is just deploying their troops -- not taking their turn at a disadvantage.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 am

FabledIntegral wrote:I never understood why they didn't just ask a delay setting for clickable maps. Something like after taking a territory, there's an automatic at least 2 second delay before you can conquer another territory. Still probably faster than using drop downs, and keeps the convenience factor.

i believe it is so, because adding a delay would you know kinda totally defeat the purpose of the tool...

other then that, I believe freestyle sucks..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby mc05025 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Haha, you are funny.

That is the freestyle. You do not only have a choice about what you are going to play, but also when.

In general it is a good strategy to play last, take bonus, then play first and defend.
Or play last and attack someone, then play first and eliminate him.
But there are disadvantages too. For example by playing first you do not have a control to the game for one round, or maybe 2.

That trick with the key b is good because you do not have to wait in front of the game for someone else to start. Although there are other better ways to see when someone start, without have to start your turn immediately.

The only good use of that trick with the b key is at the maps with an objective.

Well obviously at that maps the object is 'play last and take the object' (and then stay on line)

If you do not know or understand these or you have limited Internet then do not play freestyle.
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby FabledIntegral on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

i believe it is so, because adding a delay would you know kinda totally defeat the purpose of the tool...

other then that, I believe freestyle sucks..

The purpose of the tool is convenience over dropdowns. Not to be able to conquer three territories within a single second. If you put a 1-2 second delay between each conquered territory, it would still be faster than drop downs, and maintain the convenience factor entirely. You highly misunderstand the purpose of the tool, it wasn't to make freestyle turn into what it's become in speed games.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:22 am

its freestyle that sucks...eh is broken, not the tool. I have seen very fast internet users with manual controls though.. not truly the speed of the same player with clickies, but certainly faster then one per 2 seconds. On the other hand, give me clickies and i still would be 1 attack per 2 seconds.. my net is almost as bad as freestyle... cheap and unrealiably broken..... ;-)
Major SirSebstar

Postby FabledIntegral on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:17 pm

SirSebstar wrote:its freestyle that sucks...eh is broken, not the tool. I have seen very fast internet users with manual controls though.. not truly the speed of the same player with clickies, but certainly faster then one per 2 seconds. On the other hand, give me clickies and i still would be 1 attack per 2 seconds.. my net is almost as bad as freestyle... cheap and unrealiably broken..... ;-)

It nonetheless would help solve the problem of being unable to stop a clicky person from taking a bajillion territories 5 seconds before the turn ends, or start the turn and try to eliminate a player before they even start their term (in terms of freestyle speed). It's ridiculous when you can conquer 3 territories within the same second. At the very least, it would help a situation that is filled by exploitation. The only method at the moment is to join them if you can't beat them.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:its freestyle that sucks...eh is broken, not the tool. I have seen very fast internet users with manual controls though.. not truly the speed of the same player with clickies, but certainly faster then one per 2 seconds. On the other hand, give me clickies and i still would be 1 attack per 2 seconds.. my net is almost as bad as freestyle... cheap and unrealiably broken..... ;-)

It nonetheless would help solve the problem of being unable to stop a clicky person from taking a bajillion territories 5 seconds before the turn ends, or start the turn and try to eliminate a player before they even start their term (in terms of freestyle speed). It's ridiculous when you can conquer 3 territories within the same second. At the very least, it would help a situation that is filled by exploitation. The only method at the moment is to join them if you can't beat them.

no, the suggestion to ban clickies would not solve this. fast internet still trumps slow internet... clickies are in fact the way for the average internet user to get even, but yes a slow internet without clickies will likely be beaten bij fast internet with clickies.
I suggest you abstain of freestyle alltogether
Major SirSebstar

Postby Underated on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 pm

After reading all of the above.

I know now why my attemepts at speed games were a disaster. I salute all the people whom are approaching speed games with the computer knowlege and skill as sophiscated as a Microsoft/Apple programmer. But for the Joe average just trying to get ahead, (points wise that is) it is frought with imposiblities.

I believe the speed format has merit, espically for those (me) has a spare lunch minute and would love to play a quick game. Just to be able to rip in a rip up a map would be ace.

I wonder if the solution is in the riddle.

We collective cannot stop the need to improve and better our current environment, but it would be wise if the Moderators perhaps issued warnings or game advice when they join up for a game. I cant say what that advice would be, but it may assist in potential Conquer club members not being discouraged from playing aslong as the aware of the risks associated with the format. Or something like prior to entering into the following we recommend you read...or have installed and are familiar with....(words to that effect)

Till then I will abstain.

Under
Captain Underated

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Underated wrote:I believe the speed format has merit, espically for those (me) has a spare lunch minute and would love to play a quick game. Just to be able to rip in a rip up a map would be ace.

I think sequential speed would satisfy that need for a lunchtime quickie. It's freestyle speed that is evil, speed itself.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby blackwell on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:02 am

Cheating. Just cheating. No justification at all. If you're afraid to play without cheating, don't play.
Corporal blackwell

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion