Conquer Club

Stalingrad Questions

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Stalingrad Questions

Postby Easy n Dirty on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Playing Stalingrad for the first time, and now that we are well into the game and I think I have a decent shot at winning in my next turn, I figure I'd better make sure I know how to play the map - nothing more frustrating than giving away a sure win because you make a map mistake.

I find this map very confusing, and the legend doesn't really clear it up for me, I must be thick. Here are my questions:
1. Legend says that any plane, Luftwaffe or VVS, can bombard any artillery, river boat, or bombs. Is that correct? So a Luftwaffe planbe can bombard any of these, whether they are friend or foe? Can a VVS plane bombard a Russian artillery unit?
2. It is unclear to me what the bombs designate, at least in some instances. For example - the space designated R62nd 37th Div (near side of the river, around the middle) has spaces for 2 deployments, one for an AA battery and one for an infantry unit. But it also has the bombs symbol on that space - is the bombs symbol simply to designate that this space can be bombarded by planes? And which can the plane bombard - the AA Battery, the infantry, or both?
3. What doe sit mean under bonuses that regions with 2 armies are worth +1?
4. Some spaces have a colored border - I think this is to designate them as sniper targets, but they still border adjoining territories, yes? Specifically, can the R13th Guards Rifle Div B (far side of the river, aqua colored border) be attacked by adjoining territories such as Mamayev Hill or G60th Div Front?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Lieutenant Easy n Dirty

Re: Stalingrad Questions

Postby jefjef on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Easy n Dirty wrote:Playing Stalingrad for the first time, and now that we are well into the game and I think I have a decent shot at winning in my next turn, I figure I'd better make sure I know how to play the map - nothing more frustrating than giving away a sure win because you make a map mistake.

I find this map very confusing, and the legend doesn't really clear it up for me, I must be thick. Here are my questions:
1. Legend says that any plane, Luftwaffe or VVS, can bombard any artillery, river boat, or bombs. Is that correct? So a Luftwaffe planbe can bombard any of these, whether they are friend or foe? Can a VVS plane bombard a Russian artillery unit?
2. It is unclear to me what the bombs designate, at least in some instances. For example - the space designated R62nd 37th Div (near side of the river, around the middle) has spaces for 2 deployments, one for an AA battery and one for an infantry unit. But it also has the bombs symbol on that space - is the bombs symbol simply to designate that this space can be bombarded by planes? And which can the plane bombard - the AA Battery, the infantry, or both?
4. Some spaces have a colored border - I think this is to designate them as sniper targets, but they still border adjoining territories, yes? Specifically, can the R13th Guards Rifle Div B (far side of the river, aqua colored border) be attacked by adjoining territories such as Mamayev Hill or G60th Div Front?

1: Yes. Both can hit all arty tert. All river terts. All bomb icon terts.
Luftwaffe can bombard VVS planes and AA terts.
VVS can hit Luft but not AA terts.

2. Infantry for both planes. AA for L only.

3. City B + City B terts are an example of regions with 2 troop circles worth 1 bonus.

4. Yes. the coloring around sniper target terts are not a barrier to adjoining terts to invade. Only rubble/water/fence/woods is a barrier
Last edited by jefjef on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby danryan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Easy n Dirty wrote:Playing Stalingrad for the first time, and now that we are well into the game and I think I have a decent shot at winning in my next turn, I figure I'd better make sure I know how to play the map - nothing more frustrating than giving away a sure win because you make a map mistake.

I know which game you're talking about. :D :D Personally I hope you fail, but I will help out anyway!

1. Yes, a Luftwaffe or VVS plane can bombard Russian or German artillery, any river boat, and any space marked with the falling bombs. VVS CANNOT attack russian AA, but Luftwaffe can.

2. Yes the bombs indicate that both areas can be bombarded. So for City Inf A and B (Just northwest of the power plant), both regions in the same space can be hit by VVS or Luftwaffe.

3. It means if you hold both regions in a space it's worth +1 - again City inf A & B is a good example.

4. Yes the colored border means the sniper can bombard that region, not attack it. In your example, R13th Guards Rifle Div B, can be bombarded by S2 Sheykin but not attacked by it. Specifically, that region borders Mameyev Hill, City A, City B, R 13th Guards Rifle DDiv A, City Road Army, G 60th Div Front Army, G 71st Div U1 Inf, and G 71st Div U2 Inf. It can also be bombarded by R 64th 15th Div Art.

Hope that helps.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Easy n Dirty on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Thank you Dan, very gracious of you. And thank you also jefjef.
Lieutenant Easy n Dirty

Postby Easy n Dirty on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 pm

I screwed it up anyway despite all of your fine advice - all yours Dan.
Lieutenant Easy n Dirty

Postby eurosport on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:49 am

played once quads on this map, and we won :) but i didn't understood how artilery works with it's bombardment.

i did take artilery on Barikady woods and had many terits to bombard but didn't find out how to know this terits before i take this artilery..

where to look so i can know that with this artilery i will be able to bombard those teritories, with other artilery those teritories?

tnx
Brigadier eurosport

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 am

eurosport wrote:played once quads on this map, and we won :) but i didn't understood how artilery works with it's bombardment.

i did take artilery on Barikady woods and had many terits to bombard but didn't find out how to know this terits before i take this artilery..

where to look so i can know that with this artilery i will be able to bombard those teritories, with other artilery those teritories?

tnx

You should use firefox and an application known as BOB. look for it in the app forum.
It will tell you all the regions, in addition its all in the xml code that is supplied with the original post. so when you play a new map, look it up, and you can see what borders what
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby jefjef on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:25 am

eurosport wrote:played once quads on this map, and we won :) but i didn't understood how artilery works with it's bombardment.

tnx

Look at the legend. Unfortunately the details are listed in 2 diff areas. You will see arty attacks are directional and only against inf and arty in it's target area.
W <---> S. South from the West. West from the South.
N <----> E. North from the East. East from the North.

Look in the center of the map. Mameyev Hill/Lazur/Refinery area. You will see N - S - E - W division of the map.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby myfriendkyle on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 am

When the legend says that the AA Battery can bombard "close armor", what does that actually mean? how close do you have to be?
Sergeant 1st Class myfriendkyle

Postby jefjef on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 am

myfriendkyle wrote:When the legend says that the AA Battery can bombard "close armor", what does that actually mean? how close do you have to be?

It' adj and and a range of 2 terts.

But BOB shows R 1077 AA U1 can assault G 16th Arm (2 terts away) but not Orlovka Arm (2 terts away)
Colonel jefjef

Postby vrex on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 am

suppose a person is down to 1 territ, and that territ is a vvs

is there anyway he can actually conquer and advance? or is the map actually designed so your stuck there?
Highest rank:

AWESOME!! I achieved point count above!! \:D/
Captain vrex

Postby Joodoo on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:43 am

vrex wrote:suppose a person is down to 1 territ, and that territ is a vvs

is there anyway he can actually conquer and advance? or is the map actually designed so your stuck there?

You're stuck there forever.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby Arethusa on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 am

This is a copy of a post I put on my clan noticeboard. The best way to understand the map is to use BoB, as previously mentioned. Though it does only work with Firefox, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'll try and give you an overview of the map, without being too long winded.

If you have firefox. go here to download BoB, unless you already have it.

viewtopic.php?f=527&t=91386

Bob makes the map so much simpler to understand.

You will find that whoever controls the air and artillery early on in a game will eventually get the upper hand.

It's clear from the map where aircraft can attack.

Snipers are good to get early on, as they get +1 each turn, and build up a handy reserve for use later on in the game. They are also difficult to take out by the opposition.

the 6 artillery units can attack the following areas

Sadvaya and Airfield Art - Riverbank units from Refinery to Kuporosnaya. All of R64th, except the AA battery (only Luftwaffe a/c and inf can attack AA batteries) and R62nd 13th div.

Barrikady Woods - All riverbank units from Lazur Chemical to Rynok inf; all of Chuikov and R62nd (apart from AA and R62nd 13th div)

Chuikov Art and R62nd 115th - All units in a line from Rynok North to Meat Combine + All territories in the Goridsche bonus area

R64th 15th - All units in a line from Top MH to Station No 2. + the following:-

R13th A and B
Sadvaya Art and Inf
Airfield Art and inf
Hospital
G295th A and B
R1077 inf U4

There are lots of +1 bonus areas on the map. These are self evident.

One way systems are in force eg you can only go from Rynok to Chuikov, and Kuprosnoya to Golodny Island and not vice versa

Rynok and Orlovka are probably the first choice bonus for most players.

Hope that explains things a little better. :) :)
Sergeant 1st Class Arethusa

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am

Also, its best not to attack the snipers themselves, but hold a force in readyness to take it away. I like my opponant to attack neutrals so I can march in and put down the claim... Make sure if you go for it, you are sure to hold it...
Major SirSebstar

Postby myfriendkyle on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:14 am

Arethusa wrote:

I find that if I can take the artillery position in the russian 64th then holding kuporosnoya isn't too much trouble. As long as you bulk up on where the plans can hit you. I've won a few games on this map starting with kupo, then expanding into the 64th, which is much harder to hold, and then moving to gumrak.

Agree on the sniper positions. If you get the chance take one first round. Usually opponents won't bother you there if you hold it at the beginning.

A few favorite spots:

R 64th 15th Div Artillery - Only place to bombard the West other than with the planes.

Barrikady Woods - Gets plus one for holding both, only spot to bombard the East, and it's close to the Luftwaffe entrance.
Sergeant 1st Class myfriendkyle

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 am

I think the planes are better then any artilery spot, in general, but its often the first thing they attack so if you are lucky you will live and can bombard, if not, you need to come back, and that is always harder
Major SirSebstar

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 pm

jefjef wrote:
VVS can not hit Luft or AA terts.

Scanning through, I don't see that anyone corrected jefjef on this.. if I missed it, I'm sorry.

VVS CAN bombard Luftwaffe. As well as rivers, artillery, and bomb icons.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby jefjef on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 am

stahrgazer wrote:
jefjef wrote:

Scanning through, I don't see that anyone corrected jefjef on this.. if I missed it, I'm sorry.

Geez. The not hit Luft was a typo. :roll: I got in a hurry. I'm sorry. :|

I'm even going to go and correct that.

SORRY
Colonel jefjef

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm

jefjef wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
jefjef wrote:

Geez. The not hit Luft was a typo. :roll: I got in a hurry. I'm sorry. :|

I'm even going to go and correct that.

some typos are more major than others ;)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby JBlombier on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:40 am

Can the snipers on the Stalingrad map instead of bombarding the coloured target, also attack and advance to some territories. I'm pretty sure I did that a few turns ago, but I thought the snipers could only bombard targets. If you guys say it's perfectly possible, then I guess I read the legend wrong.
Major JBlombier

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 am

JBlombier wrote:Can the snipers on the Stalingrad map instead of bombarding the coloured target, also attack and advance to some territories. I'm pretty sure I did that a few turns ago, but I thought the snipers could only bombard targets. If you guys say it's perfectly possible, then I guess I read the legend wrong.

Snipers can attack (and be attacked by) the regions that border the same coloured building, and snipers can bombard the regions with the same colored edge.

So for example for S1:
Attack: Station 1, City A & B, Red Square
Bombard: Pavlovs House, Power Plant, R 13th Guards Rifle Div A
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:10 am

JBlombier wrote:Can the snipers on the Stalingrad map instead of bombarding the coloured target, also attack and advance to some territories. I'm pretty sure I did that a few turns ago, but I thought the snipers could only bombard targets. If you guys say it's perfectly possible, then I guess I read the legend wrong.
Yes they can all attack and advance to terts. I suggest downloading the program BOB because the legend is very vague on the Stalingrad map.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby JBlombier on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks, guys. That was a very clear explanation. I used to have BOB, but my Firefox screwed me several times, so I deleted it. Stalingrad is the only I on't fully comprehend, so I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Major JBlombier

Postby ThrushAAX on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:53 pm

JBlombier wrote:Thanks, guys. That was a very clear explanation. I used to have BOB, but my Firefox screwed me several times, so I deleted it. Stalingrad is the only I on't fully comprehend, so I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference.

BOB works for Google Chrome too.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby General_Tao on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Arethusa wrote:This is a copy of a post I put on my clan noticeboard. The best way to understand the map is to use BoB, as previously mentioned. Though it does only work with Firefox, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I'll try and give you an overview of the map, without being too long winded.

If you have firefox. go here to download BoB, unless you already have it.

viewtopic.php?f=527&t=91386

Bob makes the map so much simpler to understand.

You will find that whoever controls the air and artillery early on in a game will eventually get the upper hand.

It's clear from the map where aircraft can attack.

Snipers are good to get early on, as they get +1 each turn, and build up a handy reserve for use later on in the game. They are also difficult to take out by the opposition.

the 6 artillery units can attack the following areas

Sadvaya and Airfield Art - Riverbank units from Refinery to Kuporosnaya. All of R64th, except the AA battery (only Luftwaffe a/c and inf can attack AA batteries) and R62nd 13th div.

Barrikady Woods - All riverbank units from Lazur Chemical to Rynok inf; all of Chuikov and R62nd (apart from AA and R62nd 13th div)

Chuikov Art and R62nd 115th - All units in a line from Rynok North to Meat Combine + All territories in the Goridsche bonus area

R64th 15th - All units in a line from Top MH to Station No 2. + the following:-

R13th A and B
Sadvaya Art and Inf
Airfield Art and inf
Hospital
G295th A and B
R1077 inf U4

There are lots of +1 bonus areas on the map. These are self evident.

One way systems are in force eg you can only go from Rynok to Chuikov, and Kuprosnoya to Golodny Island and not vice versa

Hope that explains things a little better. :) :)

Can someone please provide an exact list of ALL the territories that the Chuikov artillery cannon alone can bombard?

Much appreciated!
Brigadier General_Tao

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion