Conquer Club

no spoils, mang

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

no spoils, mang

Postby mybad on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 am

yeah noob question, I know, but I've seen people throw everything they have at bonuses the first couple turns while others build a stack and wait for an opportunity. how do I decide what to do?
Private mybad

Re: no spoils, mang

Postby Streaker on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 am

mybad wrote:yeah noob question, I know, but I've seen people throw everything they have at bonuses the first couple turns while others build a stack and wait for an opportunity. how do I decide what to do?

Depends on your drop. If you see you have a majority of regions in a certain bonus area, and there is not much contest over it, try and grab it. Make sure you can hold it, that's important.

If you don't have a good drop for taking early bonus, find some strategic points and build a large stack or 2. Don't get in to many fights, and pick your target. Patience is key...
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 am

yeah, usually the strongest player at the end is the one who hasn't had many battles with people, I won a europe game because the other players were fighting each other and ignoring my troops, allowing me to get a head start
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby DarthFrog on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't know about others, but from my experience, the best games I have played on CC have been no spoil games where people are NOT stacking. Some of the worst, most boring games have been the stacking games. The way I see it, if you want to have a really interesting game, don't go in with the idea of stacking. Stacking in no spoil games I feel are more of a survival tactic where you are almost dead, and you just pick a spot and stack, let the other guys fight until you are strong enough to get back in the game.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 pm

DarthFrog wrote:I don't know about others, but from my experience, the best games I have played on CC have been no spoil games where people are NOT stacking. Some of the worst, most boring games have been the stacking games. The way I see it, if you want to have a really interesting game, don't go in with the idea of stacking. Stacking in no spoil games I feel are more of a survival tactic where you are almost dead, and you just pick a spot and stack, let the other guys fight until you are strong enough to get back in the game.

Play enough no spoils and you will find they all end up stacking and will be decided by the person who gets bored first.
whats even worse is that when they end up down to three folks, The game is decided by a king maker who will suicide against the person he feels has slighted him the most.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Hannibał on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 pm

↑ exactly why I only play no spoils in team games. Eliminates some of the stupidity people bring in with them
Sergeant Hannibał

Return to Conquer Club Discussion