Conquer Club

What to do in Triples when team mates won't cooperate?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What to do in Triples when team mates won't cooperate?

Postby CondestĂĄvel on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=8615264

Well, my Red mate wiped 6 of my 15 armies to conquer North America by himself in round 1 without asking me first to move. He just wiped them and said telegraphically "go to Africa". Of course he can't hold North America now. Enemy took advantage of his greed and stalled 8 armies in Montreal, which he can not fight.

My Green mate (who happens to be the highest ranked) doesn't answer. He lost almost all of his armies in a kamikaze attack in South America and keeps doing nonsense things. Now while I was heading to Europe he just dropped his 3 armies in Novosibirsk, failed an attack and stood there.

So now I'm stuck in Beijing and Team 2 is happily installed in Africa and will now take control of Europe and South America. And yet my mates remain silent. What the hell are people thinking when they play? Is this usual? what can I do now?
Lieutenant CondestĂĄvel

Re: What to do in Triples when team mates won't cooperate?

Postby jackin_u_up on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Put in a e-ticket requesting their home addresses...so you can go and kill their family pets???????? :twisted:

Really not much.. Don't join random team games and work on finding a group of teammates that will communicate and work with you.
Lieutenant jackin_u_up

Postby JelleR on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Dont play with people you dont know or at least check peoples ratings (look for good teammate, cooperative and talkative).
Captain JelleR

Postby CondestĂĄvel on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you for your replies!

I started playing Conquer Club after having been introduced to the traditional board game.

I confess I take games pretty seriously. I really enjoy playing this. Maybe I should join a clan or something. :idea:
Lieutenant CondestĂĄvel

Postby Streaker on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:52 am

I suggest getting some team games experience before joining the clan world.
Like someone stated above, find a group of 3-4 people and play regularly trips and quads with them. Work on your communication, pick up some more team-based strategy from stronger and more experienced teams. Once you get a grip on it, enter team tournaments to test your new abilities.

When this works out, you can try and shoot for the clan world. You'll be able to play much more competively then, and other players/teams will take you more seriously.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby HannibaƂ on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 pm

CondestĂĄvel wrote:Thank you for your replies!

I started playing Conquer Club after having been introduced to the traditional board game.

I confess I take games pretty seriously. I really enjoy playing this. Maybe I should join a clan or something. :idea:

If you'd like id be happy to play some doubles w you, and if that goes well I can drag some friends into some triples or quads. Very tough finding decent team mates randomly, makes it harder when a team of veterans come in and destroy your moral. Shoot me a PM if your interested
Sergeant HannibaƂ

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:30 am

lol, highest lrank is lt. and the other team has 2 cooks.. i'd say its evenly based then..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Crazyirishman on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:14 pm

you should deadbeat, that'll teach em
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby DarthFrog on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 pm

The best way to find good partners is to play standard games. You are bound to run into good talkative players. I've met some great teammates that way.

And I will offer what Hannibal did. Shoot me a PM if you want a game of doubles. I always enjoy playing with talkative teammates.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby DJPatrick on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 am

As opposed to what the nudie man above says not many really rank clan players much above a footballs's bother boy cheer squad...I;d rather throw my hat into the ring and take on all comers...sometimes you get duds but others you pick up good team-mates...
Corporal 1st Class DJPatrick

Postby macbone on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 am

I've found good teammates playing random games, but some of my favorite teammates are folks I met while going through Cook training in the Society of the Cooks. If you find that you're still having trouble finding teammates and you're serious about improving your game, check us out in the Society.

And to add to the chorus, I'll play doubs or trips with you, too. Just PM me if you'd like to play.
Colonel macbone

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 am

I played a quad game once, and two teammates never posted anything worthwhile, but the other teammate and I have been teamming up ever since. So, yeah, you win some teammates and you lose some teammates. Same here, I'll play you if you want
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Topsy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:53 am

As others have already said , random team mates is hit and miss.
Just keep an eye out for good players, team games or not.
I've found some good teammates in all kinds of games.

I'll also throw my hat in the ring for some doubles with you if you'd like.
Corporal Topsy

Postby HannibaƂ on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Woah woah guys. I offered my hand first and they're a very good teammate. Back away slowly this ones all mine, unless your willing to offer Cond a premium gift, then we can all share :mrgreen:
Sergeant HannibaƂ

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 pm

HannibaƂ wrote:Woah woah guys. I offered my hand first and they're a very good teammate. Back away slowly this ones all mine, unless your willing to offer Cond a premium gift, then we can all share :mrgreen:

This is like the scene in "A Beautiful Mind" where they are ready to swarm the girl in the bar...:-)

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby leolou2 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 pm

where is she i got a treat for her as all said look and you will find as i have found my best teammates playing against them now we are new friends i do not know for shit just their user name and i can trust them have fun and remember if you cant beat em kill em or join up with them ramble ramble on and Happy ST Pats Day
Lieutenant leolou2

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 am

leolou2 wrote:Where is she? I got a treat for her. As all said, look and you will find, as i have found, my best teammates. Playing against them now. We are new friends. I do not know for shit just their user name and i can trust them. Have fun and remember, if you cant beat em, kill em or join up with them. Ramble ramble on and Happy ST Pats Day.

Fixed for readability.

Try using some punctuation and possibly capitalization.

It's called English.

Christ.
Major tkr4lf

Postby neanderpaul14 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:37 am

kill your teamies first.......like the bible says "Do unto others before they get a chance to do unto you.".........they're not expecting it so they should make easy targets
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:41 pm

how cruel, neanderpaul14. thanks for the warning to not join a team game with you
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby CJ Lues on Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 am

I piked up 3 team mates in a random game... Game 8038365...
We started playing, the 3 of them was discussing the strategy a lot and ignoring me a lot (btw, i was a cook at that time)! :shock: In round 3 or so the game looked really bad for us... then i suddenly got very lucky with the dice and got a bonus..! they started listening to a some of the stuff i say... at one stage Joemaya was at the edge of being eliminated, i gave him some of my troops and that changed everything (i "became one of the team")! We turned the game around (although the dice was against us). And then in round 9 i made the winning move! :D This game was all about team-work!

Since then we have played 11 games together and won 8!
Find All Games With The A-Team

I sagested we call ourselves "The A-Tem!!" :)
So now every time we win a game the one that makes the last move says "I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!"
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby rockfist on Fri May 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Die quickly so you don't lose as many points.

on a more serious note: I play with the same 4-6 teammates all the time. We only talk if its close, or if we feel like chatting about our lives in the team chat if its not. Its rare that its close. We either win easily or get stomped if the luck is real bad. In general, it helps if you go into every game with a plan beforehand. Will you go for bonuses, territories, eliminations, or something else. What bonuses do you want to hold?
Major rockfist

Postby tennischamp5 on Sat May 28, 2011 4:10 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
leolou2 wrote:Where is she? I got a treat for her. As all said, look and you will find, as i have found, my best teammates. Playing against them now. We are new friends. I do not know for shit just their user name and i can trust them. Have fun and remember, if you cant beat em, kill em or join up with them. Ramble ramble on and Happy ST Pats Day.

Fixed for readability.

Try using some punctuation and possibly capitalization.

It's called English.

Christ.

Wow, it took me a while to decode this; the translation helped alot, but even with it... reads like a olde english poem haha.
Captain tennischamp5

Postby xenowolff on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 pm

everyone is right (except the whole deadbeating thing....) While my rank does suck, and I play more for fun than anything else, I would be more than willing to doubles w/ ya on Feudal War, or somewhere else... Ill play just about any map if i've a reason to.

Also, and not to volunteer him, canadian bacon is a good guy for doubles too.
'You have entirely too much common sense and perspective for this site. I am sorry, but I am going to have to request that you leave now.'
-Woodruff
Private xenowolff

Location: Pennsylvania, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Somewhere in the universe

Return to Conquer Club Discussion