Conquer Club

Team games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Team games

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Hey, you guys got any good team strategies? I'm a little short on those.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Re: Team games

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Try out playing with different players till you find team-mates you like.
Talk to each other: two minds are better than one.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 am

thanks. I'll try that
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby DarthFrog on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:50 pm

To add to what laughingcavalier said, some of the best teammates I have played with are guys I first encountered in standard games. If you play against a good opponent that is chatty during the game, hit him up for a game of doubles. Then once in the game, talk talk talk. It's easy to beat a team that doesn't work together. Very difficult to beat a team that work as one unit.

As for strategies, the best way to learn is to find that teammate you like to play with, and get into 2vs2 games against higher ranked players that you can see play a lot together. You will lose a lot of those games, but you will see how good players play together.

Work as one unit. Use each other to defend borders. Transfer troops to one another. Don't be scared to give them your troops at the start of the turn if there is a tactical advantage to doing so. When he is about to die, do what you can to save him. It's hard to win in doubles once you have lost your buddy.

But to repeat what has been said.... talk talk talk.... and play with the same teammates if you can... familiarity can be key
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:00 am

Fort your team mate.

Common sense but always know which opponent goes next when forting your team mate.

try and focus on weakening 1 player to knock him out if you can.

Strategy depends on type of map and cards your playing.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Practice will help, but I suggest trying to find someone to help teach your more about team games (someone experienced). You can start a new thread in Callouts asking for someone to play and teach team games to you. I'm sure you'll get someone, and the Society of Cooks will soon (last I heard) have a team gameplay teaching section, but it is not YET underway.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby owenshooter on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:51 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:Hey, you guys got any good team strategies? I'm a little short on those.

dont kill your own team members... especially if it is for something stupid like a small bonus..-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Joodoo on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:33 am

On maps with starting positions (ex.Feudal Epic), deploy all of your team's troops one player's territory.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby Fewnix on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 am

I would like to play team games with a team that communicates. As soon as the game is initialized and ongoing, the team members check in to team chat with a line or two on the strategy:" we should be able to take X and Y while Team 2 goes for Z" and suggestions about what the team member up and those following might do: "Red, why not deploy on A, soft attack B and then fort to Green on C? Then green can deploy to C and take the bonus ".

This communication approach applies to each team member up suggesting what s/he would like to do and asks for input before taking the turn: " I'm thinking of deploying to X, no attacks, and then forting to Blue on Y. then if yellow takes Z and forts to P, we will be in good shape to take X"

This would require teamwork, a little time and discipline on the team members part, checking out your team games, even if it is not your turn, to offer suggestions and, even if it is your turn, letting your team mates offer input on your proposed moves before making them and once in a while doing something they suggested rather than what you first thought was the best move.

Am I asking too much?.
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby Fewnix on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Part of the important communication involves cooperation of team members not only in forting to their team mates but also indeploying to them, leading to a build up of strength where appropriate and some nice passing of the stacks. Red the first team member up deploys 3 on Green x and forts 2 to Green x giving Green 8 on that tert. Green when up deploys 3 on x bringing it up to 11, easily take a tert for spoils and then forts half a dozen armies to the next team player up, say to blue on y, Blue with 9 armies on y and 3 to deploy can take a tert and fort half a dozen to, Red. and the circle continues, stronger and stronger each time. With communication and cooperation each team member can quickly have double digit stacks taking territory and double digit defenses around their bonuses.

Somewhat related to this co-operation is fort stripping a tert to allow a team mate to take it, for the bonus or an easy spoil, Red holds Sydney with team mate Blue holding Perth and Port Moresby. Red forts two from Sydney to Perth giving Blue 5 armies there,easily able to take the singleton Sydney and a good start on the Oceania bonus.

Another variation of that is the tert exchange to get easy spoils.particularly useful in unlimited fort. Say there is a sequence of A 3 red, B 3 red, and C 3 Blue. Red forts from B to C leaving A 3 Red, B 1 red, C 5 Blue. Blue takes the singleton B and forts to C leaving A 7 Red, B 1 blue, C 1 Blue, Next round leaves A 1 red, B 1 red, C 7 blue and around it goes.

Yes, I am looking for a team or possibly a clan that can communicate and cooperate.No reasonable offers refused.
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:42 am

Fewnix wrote:Part of the important communication involves cooperation of team members not only in forting to their team mates but also indeploying to them, leading to a build up of strength where appropriate and some nice passing of the stacks. Red the first team member up deploys 3 on Green x and forts 2 to Green x giving Green 8 on that tert. Green when up deploys 3 on x bringing it up to 11, easily take a tert for spoils and then forts half a dozen armies to the next team player up, say to blue on y, Blue with 9 armies on y and 3 to deploy can take a tert and fort half a dozen to, Red. and the circle continues, stronger and stronger each time. With communication and cooperation each team member can quickly have double digit stacks taking territory and double digit defenses around their bonuses.

Somewhat related to this co-operation is fort stripping a tert to allow a team mate to take it, for the bonus or an easy spoil, Red holds Sydney with team mate Blue holding Perth and Port Moresby. Red forts two from Sydney to Perth giving Blue 5 armies there,easily able to take the singleton Sydney and a good start on the Oceania bonus.

Another variation of that is the tert exchange to get easy spoils.particularly useful in unlimited fort. Say there is a sequence of A 3 red, B 3 red, and C 3 Blue. Red forts from B to C leaving A 3 Red, B 1 red, C 5 Blue. Blue takes the singleton B and forts to C leaving A 7 Red, B 1 blue, C 1 Blue, Next round leaves A 1 red, B 1 red, C 7 blue and around it goes.

Yes, I am looking for a team or possibly a clan that can communicate and cooperate.No reasonable offers refused.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=440&t=134316
Major tkr4lf

Return to Conquer Club Discussion