Conquer Club

bad dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

bad dice

Postby lord of the frys on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:18 am

man doesnt matter what i do....bad dice....i have no luck on this site.....but its a good site..
back to gold token.......lol
Corporal lord of the frys

Re: bad dice

Postby jefjef on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:27 am

Try playing different maps and settings. Mix it up.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby lord of the frys on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:35 am

i have played maps....settings......17 on 3 loose.....31 on ten lost.....5 on1 lost......just kills me
play on other sites.....never seen anything like it.....its ok it happens....but getting to the point i dont like it here....discouraging

Postby 110313 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 am

I have the same problem.

The dice seems to be REDICULOUS!

How on earth can I lose 15 troops to 3??
Colonel 110313

Postby Echospree on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 am

I'd suggest actually recording all your dice, to see if you actually are getting worse dice than normal. You might only be noticing the unusually bad rolls, as opposed to the "probable" rolls and unusually good ones.
Max Rank - Colonel 2715 , 171th place
Major Echospree

Postby 110313 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

I'm new here... not many games... and bad dice has been very pronounced on almost every game I've played.
Never had it the other way around where I get unusually good odds.

What's the chance of 8 losing to 1 !?
Colonel 110313

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

110313 wrote:Never had it the other way around where I get unusually good odds.

I doubt that, you probably just never notice the good ones as often as you do the bad ones...
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:

I doubt that, you probably just never notice the good ones as often as you do the bad ones...

Bingo. Record all your rolls with the dice analyzer tool. I had over 100,000 rolls logged on my last PC, and all of the percentages were within 1% of the expected outcomes (most were within 0.5%).
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Rodion on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:

Bingo. Record all your rolls with the dice analyzer tool. I had over 100,000 rolls logged on my last PC, and all of the percentages were within 1% of the expected outcomes (most were within 0.5%).

That still does not rule out the possibility of getting "lucky" at the wrong time: bad dice in clutch moments and great dice when it isn't necessary anymore, leading to "average" luck that somehow still feels like you are being (rightfully) shafted. I'm not saying that's the OP's case, but I just dislike the simplistic approach of analysing all rolls to see whether you are lucky or not.
General Rodion

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Rodion wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:

That still does not rule out the possibility of getting "lucky" at the wrong time: bad dice in clutch moments and great dice when it isn't necessary anymore, leading to "average" luck that somehow still feels like you are being (rightfully) shafted. I'm not saying that's the OP's case, but I just dislike the simplistic approach of analysing all rolls to see whether you are lucky or not.

I agree, you'll get streaks, but they go both ways. I was mainly refuting this post of "never had it the other way around". I would say one gets "lucky" in clutch moments just as often as non-clutch moments, but you only take note of the clutch moments. In the same way, I'm sure I've had just as many phenomenal streaks as I have abysmal streaks when playing clutch turns.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby lord of the frys on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:38 pm

all i can say is......at least 15 games today all lost by bad dice.....i roll 5 on 1 loose....my apposition 6 on five gets through and has 3 left.....out of control... sorry but have to give up here
lol...but have fun, this is not for me

good luck

bill

Postby Woodruff on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:01 pm

lord of the frys wrote:all i can say is......at least 15 games today all lost by bad dice.....i roll 5 on 1 loose....my apposition 6 on five gets through and has 3 left.....out of control... sorry but have to give up here

good luck

bill

You've said that a couple of times...yet here you are.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:22 pm

The dice are a tricky thing.

Its the same when rolling by hand. Ive had bad streaks. Do I blame the dice or how I throw/roll them? With the on line dice all those distraction are removed so we focus on the out come. Luck is Luck and some have more bad luck then others while others seem to have more.

Bad dice streaks are a fact of life here. The best one can do is if your having a bad streak and really want to take something out. STOP. When I do this and wait, I imagine the hamsters in their Flinstone wheel that roll the online dice have already rolled the crappy rolls and when I roll again they have my good dice ready.

Yabadabba dooooo.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DarthFrog on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:51 pm

There's an add on that keeps track of your dice.

As for the clutch moments, I've had both bad and good. What's really frustrating I find is when you seem to be on a 24 hour long string of bad rolls. And the thing people tend to forget is that opponents get bad luck too. I played a 4 player game in Galapalos (sp?) and by the time I made my way to one of the players, he had a total of 5 troops to his name. The guy didn't get one round of good dice. Had it not been for his bad rolls, I never would have killed him so easily.

What you have to remember is that it's the same dice for everyone. Although, it's madening when you are 12v2, and you hit auto-assault just to see the "1" dissapear in front of your "2" and you sit there staring at a 2v2... But I have also hit auto-assault in a 41v35 and in the end, I had 36 troops left. Those are good times :-)
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby DarthFrog on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Woodruff wrote:You've said that a couple of times...yet here you are.

is it just me that reads all of Woodruff's posts as if it was Spock saying them? ... this one here I wanted to add Jim to the end... "Yet, here you are Jim." .. hehe
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby jefjef on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Woodruff wrote:
lord of the frys wrote:all i can say is......at least 15 games today all lost by bad dice.....i roll 5 on 1 loose....my apposition 6 on five gets through and has 3 left.....out of control... sorry but have to give up here

good luck

bill

Well he paid CC to play a fun game that they claim to be an honest product. It sure as hell isn't but you can't blame him for wanting to try to get his moneys worth. It isn't like CC will refund it.

Hi CC!!! I'm freemium now. I declined a gift of premium just so you didn't get paid. Please remove that Upgrade function off my personal menu.

Interesting little tid bit. My dice analyzer says my assault dice are 14.56% below avg. The defender's dice are 14.15% above.... Sad thing is they have improved since I got the analyzer. :-s
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby DarthFrog on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:48 pm

jefjef wrote:Hi CC!!! I'm freemium now. I declined a gift of premium just so you didn't get paid. Please remove that Upgrade function off my personal menu.

So what you are saying is: "Let me benefit, for free, from all your hard work, and all the money you put into keeping this site alive. I will never help you pay for this site, and oh yeah, while you're at it, do something for me."

I think it's hilarious that people like you who have nothing good to say about the site and those who help run it, but yet stick around. If this site is so bad, why are you still here?
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby jefjef on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 am

DarthFrog wrote:
jefjef wrote:Hi CC!!! I'm freemium now. I declined a gift of premium just so you didn't get paid. Please remove that Upgrade function off my personal menu.

So what you are saying is: "Let me benefit, for free, from all your hard work, and all the money you put into keeping this site alive. I will never help you pay for this site, and oh yeah, while you're at it, do something for me."

I think it's hilarious that people like you who have nothing good to say about the site and those who help run it, but yet stick around. If this site is so bad, why are you still here?

Listen to your sorry self. I was premium for 2 years. I've paid for my right to speak my mind about a product I used to enjoy and support.
Colonel jefjef

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:56 am

DarthFrog wrote:

is it just me that reads all of Woodruff's posts as if it was Spock saying them? ... this one here I wanted to add Jim to the end... "Yet, here you are Jim." .. hehe

No, it is not just you. Everyone does it.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby 110313 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:59 am

So... I see this announcement today:

We are making some performance improvements and putting things in place to calculate personal dice stats. The maintenance might last a whole hour so please don't take your turn or play a speed game at that time. Cheerio!

Hope they really do something to correct the matter.
Colonel 110313

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:31 am

110313 wrote:So... I see this announcement today:

We are making some performance improvements and putting things in place to calculate personal dice stats. The maintenance might last a whole hour so please don't take your turn or play a speed game at that time. Cheerio!

They're not changing the dice. They're calculating statistics so people will shut up about the dice.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby DarthFrog on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:41 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
110313 wrote:So... I see this announcement today:

They're not changing the dice. They're calculating statistics so people will shut up about the dice.

=D>

I bitch as much as the next one about the dice when I get a bad run, we all play with the same system so in the end, you win some and you lose some.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 am

DarthFrog wrote:

Live long...and prosper.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am

jefjef wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

good luck

bill

Well he paid CC to play a fun game that they claim to be an honest product. It sure as hell isn't but you can't blame him for wanting to try to get his moneys worth. It isn't like CC will refund it.

Then he should stop saying things like he's giving up and that it's not for him. Either stay or go, I don't care. But stop saying one thing and doing another.

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Go play city Mogul. Dice generally don't enter into it.
Captain Mr_Adams

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion