Conquer Club

Hard Maps

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Hard Maps

Postby OverDoseD on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:37 am

Just wondering, what are some of the best complex maps on CC? And also best simple maps on CC?
I want to start playing a bit more complex maps because i'm tired of really low ranked players joining my simple map games. So any suggestions for new maps i should play? Currently the only slightly more advanced map i play is Dawn of Ages.
Cook OverDoseD

Re: Hard Maps

Postby Catarah on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 am

well it kind of depends. there are maps which look impossible to understand, but once you 'get' them, they're quite easy. there are maps which have quite simple gameplay, but are still quite hard to become good in, and everything in between.

a few of the maps i would call complex is das schloss, Monsters, Poison Rome,Supermax: Prison Riot!, WWII Poland, Arms Race! and Waterloo.

but there are simply so many complex maps to choose from, and each has their own pro's and con's. i'm personally a fan of Arms race!, Poker Club and Feudal War/Feudal epic. but the best would be to simply try out maps and see which ones you like.

and low ranked players joining your games will probably never end. though what you could do, is go to the callouts forum viewforum.php?f=31 , and look for higher ranked players to play against in there. they've got a thread for 1400+ games, 1600+ games, 1800+ games, etc. that way you can play some of the simpler maps against thougher opponents.
Captain Catarah

Postby Hannibał on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Or instead of creating games, just find games feature to only search for games you WOULD create, and join games with similar ranked opponents or higher.

Definitly try out diffrent maps, too bad you missed out on the I walk alone tournament, you could try every map. Maybe make a thread in callouts to do something similar?
Sergeant Hannibał

Postby DarthFrog on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Try starting a few games with Random. You'll try a bunch of maps you never thought you would play, and you will find some that you like, and others that you want to stay away from.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby Gillipig on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:11 am

OverDoseD wrote:Just wondering, what are some of the best complex maps on CC? And also best simple maps on CC?
I want to start playing a bit more complex maps because i'm tired of really low ranked players joining my simple map games. So any suggestions for new maps i should play? Currently the only slightly more advanced map i play is Dawn of Ages.

I agree with the post above! Try random map if you want to try new maps! I do that now but I must warn you your rank will most certainly drop when you try new maps! But it's worth it! Maps that people generally find hard are those who stray from the normal gameplay such as Poison Rome, Das schlos, City Mogul, Battle For Iraq!, poker club (very easy ones you get it), Forbidden City etc! The easy ones are maps that have no features like classic, Africa, Europa etc.!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby mc05025 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:11 pm

OverDoseD wrote:Just wondering, what are some of the best complex maps on CC? And also best simple maps on CC?

I think Waterloo is one of the most complicated maps.
But you can try Kings court, clandenomium, Middle ages.
With freestyle setting the most maps with objective like third crusade
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Lunar War! it may not be as complex as some other maps, but it definitely has a strategy to it that some don't get right away.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 am

mwa. i think lunar war is comparable to poland in gameplay for teams..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby anonymus on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:30 am

mc05025 wrote:

I think Waterloo is one of the most complicated maps.
But you can try Kings court, clandenomium, Middle ages.
With freestyle setting the most maps with objective like third crusade

waterloo can be tricky, but mainly its about bombading and sneaking in a small bonus/not loosing too much terr..
clandemonmium is just big.. not that complex, kings court has its tweaks and actually is one of the new favourites since not drop-dependant.... i couldnt win any of them freestyle ofcourse but just because im old and slow..
battle for iraq can be tricky first times you play it..
monsters for sure i still have no idéa what im doing there ;)

my 5
/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Cook anonymus

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:37 am

monsters is not that difficult, it just aint no fun, even if you cannot win anymore it takes a few turns to get killed
Major SirSebstar

Postby mr. CD on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:29 am

Das Schloss, AoR (especially II), Easter, Prison Riot, Monsters, Battle of Iraq, Feudal Epic and War, King's Court, Clandemonium.
Easiest would be Doodle Earth, Luxembourg and Classic imo.
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby anonymus on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 am

mr. CD wrote:Das Schloss, AoR (especially II), Easter, Prison Riot, Monsters, Battle of Iraq, Feudal Epic and War, King's Court, Clandemonium.
Easiest would be Doodle Earth, Luxembourg and Classic imo.

i disagree with easiest as those maps largely comes down to luck.. who goes first and has better drop..

Edit; doodle and lux that is..
Click image to enlarge.

Cook anonymus

Postby TheSaxlad on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 am

I disagree, part of it is the drop, but actually doodle earth is one of the hardest to master. Its all about getting and keeping a bonus while stopping the other person do the same.

Doodle Earth would be better if it was coded so that one person couldnt have a whole bonus @ the start.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby anonymus on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:18 am

TheSaxlad wrote:I disagree, part of it is the drop, but actually doodle earth is one of the hardest to master. Its all about getting and keeping a bonus while stopping the other person do the same.

Doodle Earth would be better if it was coded so that one person couldnt have a whole bonus @ the start.

well thats just the thing.. 3 player assassin is a setting where a powebalance can be witheld even if you get a bad drop.. but 1v1 these small maps are 80% about
a) who starts b)drop c)dice in round 1 and 2
after that if you cant break that first bonus or wahtever unless you playing a total 'tard you are screwed..

Click image to enlarge.

Cook anonymus

Postby Joodoo on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:53 am

Cricket and Stalingrad are insanely hard to understand.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:21 am

Joodoo wrote:Cricket and Stalingrad are insanely hard to understand.

why? esp stalinggrad is not that hard, unless you have no bob, then it is diffuclt, but there are more where you can bombard and you just dont know it
Major SirSebstar

Postby DarthFrog on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:57 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Joodoo wrote:Cricket and Stalingrad are insanely hard to understand.

why? esp stalinggrad is not that hard, unless you have no bob, then it is diffuclt, but there are more where you can bombard and you just dont know it

You shouldn't have to have BOB to understand a map. Stalingrad is head spinning hard to understand. Mind you I only tried it once. I play on more than one computer. My main one has BOB and the others don't. BOB is a great program, but one should not have to rely on it to understand what's going on.
Last edited by DarthFrog on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Thing about Stalingrad... It's hard to figure out which tanks the artilleries bombard.

I mean, it's not explained very clear on the map.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:03 am

The hardest maps for me are the ones with the most vague borders/bonuses. I saw someone mention Feudal Epic but that's actually really easy, you just need someone to tell you the basic strategy.

Cricket just looks like an eye-fuck. I'm in a game in it now and I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just receiving orders. Usually, the worse looking maps are the harder ones for me.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Return to Conquer Club Discussion