Conquer Club

when to cash flat rate spoils

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

when to cash flat rate spoils

Postby eli.sklar on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 am

when do you cash in and why?
in what case would you not wait for all 3 colors
Corporal 1st Class eli.sklar

Re: when to cash flat rate spoils

Postby JBlombier on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am

I won't wait for a 10 set if I have 4 spoils of the same colour. And if I can eliminate someone with my current set and I will gain cards from it. This situation tends to differ per game/situation though.
Major JBlombier

Postby Catarah on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:46 am

having 3 blue cards might also be worth cashing in if the need arises, as you'll only have a small chance to still gain the mixed set, two turns later, which only adds 2 troops.

but, as joeri said, it depends on the situation. sometimes i don't even cash a mixed set yet, simply because you don't have a good target for it, or don't want to draw atention to yourself.
Captain Catarah

Postby Tanel on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 am

Catarah wrote:or don't want to draw atention to yourself.

This is definitely one of the main things to consider before cashing in, because if you cash in before the others, they might use their cards to attack you. Of course sometimes in the early game its more about survival, so in that case I would even cash in three red cards, if it's to avoid being taken out. Because it ain't no sweeter thing than a week oponent with lots of cards.
Major Tanel

Postby Crazyirishman on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 pm

If its round 3 and you got a rainbow its almost a guaranteed cash unless you already have great position then you want to hold of until you can deal maximum damage with the set with the least possible damage that can be dealed to you.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby DarthFrog on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:10 pm

I have no problem cashing in 3 blues at any time. I rarely will wait to see if I can get a rainbow set. Cashing in green and red when not forced I do like Tanel said, because of survival and need.

Although, I have cashed in 3 reds without waiting for rainbow when going on the offensive and I own the spoil of the territory I want to start the attack from.

It's really all about your position, and what you want to do with the extra troops.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:07 am

when my survival is not at stake, i always try to wait till i have a mixed set. I will use my set asap, to prevent players from attacking me for cards. I use them to make other places more attractable. I do not make 1 stack, they then to get whacked anyways...

with escalating i always wait for 5 cards unless i have areason to do otherwise. With flat rate I take the mix set asap. I used to wait, now i don't, i live longer that way
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby firsal901 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:03 am

depends on the situation. Do you need those 4 troops now? Should you cash in to take that bonus? Should you not cash yet for a chance at the rainbow set? those are the questions you should ask yourself.
Cook firsal901

Postby laughingcavalier on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:50 am

Found it!
This brilliant thread - http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=102118&start=0&hilit=flat+rate - explains that mathematically speaking it's best to turn in your cards early. But that sometimes in multiplayer games (not in 1v1 or team games) there are tactical reasons to hold on to your cards.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby mr. CD on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:06 am

As said before it all depends on the situation:
Sometimes an early red set can prevent your opponent from getting a spoil and/or breaking your bonus. Other times you could have a blue set and want to wait for your opponents to make a move first. Even with a mixed set you may want to wait some times to place them where you need them most (this doesn't happen to me much though).
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby myfriendkyle on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 am

I agree with everything said above, but would like to add that if you constantly wait until you have 5 cards then your opponents will always expect you to be able to turn in a set on your next turn since you'll have no less than 3 cards at any time.

I know that I am far more likely to attack someone when they only have 2 spoils as opposed to 3 or 4 or 5.

Of course, if I'm about to die I'll use spoils as soon as possible so as to not make myself a target to be taken out.
Sergeant 1st Class myfriendkyle

Postby AyeTrain on Tue May 10, 2011 10:45 pm

myfriendkyle wrote:I agree with everything said above, but would like to add that if you constantly wait until you have 5 cards then your opponents will always expect you to be able to turn in a set on your next turn since you'll have no less than 3 cards at any time.

I know that I am far more likely to attack someone when they only have 2 spoils as opposed to 3 or 4 or 5.

Of course, if I'm about to die I'll use spoils as soon as possible so as to not make myself a target to be taken out.

That's usually how I handle the spoils, too (flat rate or escalating, although it is more effective in escalating). Besides the deterrent effect, I view my spoils as an emergency reserve: if I turn them in at 5, I'll then have 3 and maybe another set, which I might need if the next cycle goes badly for me.

Another point about cards: I like to make my big assaults when I have 4 cards. That guarantees I'll have 5 cards and extra troops to follow up with on my next turn, after the counter-attacks.
Major AyeTrain

Return to Conquer Club Discussion