Conquer Club

How do you stop ending your turn early?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How do you stop ending your turn early?

Postby DarthFrog on Tue May 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Okay,

I have a problem. I often play my turn too quickly. Sometimes it's just ending assaults and in trying to see where I want to reinforce, I notice that I should have made another assault. Sometimes I click end reinforcements almost instantly, and realize after that I should have made a move. Things like that.

I know it's as easy as "take your time" and "don't play too quick" ... but I need advice from some that may have done that in the past and have done something specific to avoid quickly ending turns and noticing things after the fact.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Re: How do you stop ending your turn early?

Postby killercheez on Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm

i look at the end reinforcement button and end assaults button a couple seconds more then usual
HIGHEST RANK: Captain_____ SCORE: 1831
Sergeant 1st Class killercheez

Postby gameplayer on Tue May 10, 2011 7:53 pm

DarthFrog wrote:Okay,

I have a problem. I often play my turn too quickly. Sometimes it's just ending assaults and in trying to see where I want to reinforce, I notice that I should have made another assault. Sometimes I click end reinforcements almost instantly, and realize after that I should have made a move. Things like that.

I know it's as easy as "take your time" and "don't play too quick" ... but I need advice from some that may have done that in the past and have done something specific to avoid quickly ending turns and noticing things after the fact.

If you're able to use scripts, BOB has a "confirm phase end" button which can be nice if you have a habit of playing too quickly, although personally I find it annoying.
I usually plan out exactly what I'm going to do before I start the turn. It saves me a lot of headaches and mistakes if I know where everything will go before I press the begin turn button. Do I still make mistakes? Absolutely. That 4 stack I wanted to attack with in the bottom corner? I forget it sometimes. The vast majority of players on this site will make mistakes. If you're a little more deliberate, you can eliminate most of the mistakes without spending 20 minutes on a turn. Don't go for perfection though, it just isn't going to happen.
Colonel gameplayer

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 10, 2011 8:05 pm

gameplayer wrote:If you're able to use scripts, BOB has a "confirm phase end" button which can be nice if you have a habit of playing too quickly, although personally I find it annoying.

Which could help. Sadly, for me, I suspect that I would just as habitually hit that "confirm phase end" button just as quickly without thinking. <chuckle>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby gameplayer on Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Woodruff wrote:
gameplayer wrote:If you're able to use scripts, BOB has a "confirm phase end" button which can be nice if you have a habit of playing too quickly, although personally I find it annoying.

Which could help. Sadly, for me, I suspect that I would just as habitually hit that "confirm phase end" button just as quickly without thinking. <chuckle>

yeah, once you get in the habit of clicking through it automatically even that extra step doesn't help much. Maybe if they made it with a random animated background that changed every time :P
Colonel gameplayer

Postby AyeTrain on Tue May 10, 2011 10:39 pm

If I'm making a big move that I expect will win the game, I start up Notepad and write down each step: where all the troops need to be deployed, the order of attack, and so forth. That way I can work out all the steps without wasting game clock time, and then if I follow my plan carefully I won't forget the 4 armies that need to take the 1 last territory to eliminate an enemy.
Major AyeTrain

Postby DarthFrog on Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 am

Yup, use BOB, and turned off the confirmation because it was really annoying. ;-)

I usually plan out my turns before pushing the begin button as well. But I tend to forget something way too often. And as for writing it down on notepad, not a bad idea.... I may use that in more important games... can't see me doing that for all games.

Thanks boys.
I may be a Sith, but I still look good in pink
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant DarthFrog

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 11, 2011 10:59 am

i think they are all means to an end, to help you take your time in games when you can afford it.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

I usually just wing it honestly. I keep certain strategies in mind and basically scan key elements of the map and decide from their what to do. But yes sometimes I click end attacks and then realize there were some more attacks I wanted to do. But usually they're the same attacks i decided against doing before clicking end attacks anyway
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby shocked439 on Thu May 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I don't hit end assault until I am ready to end assaults. If I am using clickies I keep my hand away from the 'E' key until I am ready to end my turn. It works out pretty well.
Sergeant shocked439

Return to Conquer Club Discussion