Conquer Club

WWII Europe - 5 way deadlock

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

WWII Europe - 5 way deadlock

Postby Blue Comet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=9059523

I'm pink, and am posting this on silver's turn. The situation is:

- I hold the far SE part of the map in Stalingrad and von Rundstedt
- Orange is directly above me holding von Leeb and Leningrad
- Yellow is squished between us holding Moscow
- Green and Blue are in the west holding 2 bonuses a piece, with Green leading by 20 armies
- Cyan and Silver still hold large army territories but are dwindling
- Red is almost eliminated

So far no alliances have been declared, and I initially held the lead. My target was to take the Eastern Theatre but I haven't had the best luck defeating Orange and because of this, Yellow now has a very good bonus between us. Meanwhile Green and Blue are making their gains in the west and Blue has just missed his turn, so I'm wondering what Green will do next.

Basically like the title says, a 5 way deadlock considering Yellows favorable position if either me or Orange lose a lot of armies near his fronts. I had considered an alliance with Orange but his newly acquired army in the Balkans gives me the impression he won't take it.

Considering Yellow doesn't decide to attack me (and win) next turn, any good ideas on my next move?
Corporal 1st Class Blue Comet

Re: WWII Europe - 5 way deadlock

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:38 am

there is no such thing as a 5 way deadlock. 3 players maybe, but 5..no. someone will make a stupid move.
I suggest you make the most of defense. If nobody attacks you, make a revenge stack that you can deploy on someone when they do break you. and simply wait as long as you can...
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Blue Comet wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=9059523

Basically like the title says, a 5 way deadlock considering Yellows favorable position if either me or Orange lose a lot of armies near his fronts. I had considered an alliance with Orange but his newly acquired army in the Balkans gives me the impression he won't take it.

Considering Yellow doesn't decide to attack me (and win) next turn, any good ideas on my next move?

It's definitely not a deadlock.

As for good ideas, you're in the lead, so just exploit that and gradually expand your lead. Yellow might attack you, but even if he does it's unlikely he will have many troops left over. So I wouldn't worry too much about Yellow. Chances are he will play it safe and leave you alone, and if he doesn't then just kick him back across the line.

Your real problem is down in Odessa, because it's subject to that one-way attack. Only thing to really do there is to put most of your troops on Kiev and get ready to go southwest from Kiev to re-establish your control on the Odessa frontier. Just don't make the mistake of building up Odessa itself too much. Keep a good sized stack on it, but not huge, because it's essentially a dead end. Put the bulk of the troops on Kiev, and make sure you keep an eye on the route from there.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Crazyirishman on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:32 pm

If yellow doesnt break you I'd drop all and break him, and making sure he cant retake the bonus. then you only have 3 borders to defend for your bonuses (m10,vb3,vr5). continue to stack along those for a while. Also I'd put troops on f7 as the game goes on as a 'incase shit goes wrong policy' i.e. somebody suicides into you. You got good positon because you're in the corner of the map so you can avoid a lot of conflicy by just sitting tight for a while.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Blue Comet on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Sound ideas

Thx for the input :)
Corporal 1st Class Blue Comet

Return to Conquer Club Discussion