Conquer Club

Europe 1914 -Questions

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Europe 1914 -Questions

Postby sheepwn on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:36 pm

This is my first topic so if I messed anything up I'm sorry.
Hello, I play 1914 on flat rate a lot and I was wondering if anyone had tips on what territories are wise to capture and what ones are smarter to shy away from.
France I've seen is usually pretty dangerous and tough to hold most of the time as well as Russia because everyone guns for you. I'd like to see what you guys think it's helpful to hold or tips. I've also seen people deliberately not take Country bonuses in order to prevent becoming a target work well. So give me your ideas and feedback. Thanks.
Major sheepwn

Re: Europe 1914 -Questions

Postby Augustus Maximus on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Turkey is good to go for if you can survive the initial scramble for that. England is OK, if you already have a number of other territories to support the assault on London. I have seen people win with any number of starting positions on the map. With flat rate spoils it can come down to who has a couple of lucky turns with the cards. Austria and Germany can be very hard to defend, unless your opponents are engaged elsewhere on the map against each other.
Private 1st Class Augustus Maximus

Postby macbone on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:17 am

I'm a fan of Turkey. It's easier to defend and away from the middle of the map.
Colonel macbone

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 pm

right
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nebsmith on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I like Italy as a start
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby kokot on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 pm

i like italy too but my strategy or was to take the capital city without any contry for the start.
when i am a little stronger I start to take contries.
I tried it once and it worked
Private 1st Class kokot

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 pm

In the early phases of the game it doesn't much matter where you are grabbing your first cities and countries, so long as you know where you want to end up and can put the time & effort into getting there.
Approaching the end game, turkey and England are at the core of the strongest positions, because you have a wall at your back. The player in Italy can find himself squeezed between these two. Turkey is very hard to break - but also hard to expand from: as you advance your Borders become always longer & your nearby country bonuses are not easily defensible. In england you get limited reinforcements, but can often stay safe there till you are strong enough to overcome Germany or more likely France when he has been worn out by war on 3 fronts. From England eventually you can establish a short frontline around Berlin-Bavaria-southern France- from which you can launch your knockout blow.
With the many bonuses it's important to push up your reinforcements, try to get progressively 1 or 2 more, extra terrs or cities. If you have england, you want england + berlin, if you have berlin you want berlin + vienna.... Think in phases of 5-10 turns, with a longterm objective. Punish the weaker players, keep tabs on the stronger ones. If you grow gradually, your opponents don't see your strength till too late. But if there is a tactical opportunity, grab it. Don't be afraid of a fight, you can afford to lose armies in establishing a moral superiority.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Augustus Maximus on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:04 am

England can be risky to try to start with, too many times I've seen people held up by the 6 neutrals in London. France I would certainly avoid as a start. Lately I have seen people make successful starts with Russia.
Private 1st Class Augustus Maximus

Postby Qwert on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 am

laughingcavalier wrote:In the early phases of the game it doesn't much matter where you are grabbing your first cities and countries, so long as you know where you want to end up and can put the time & effort into getting there.
Approaching the end game, turkey and England are at the core of the strongest positions, because you have a wall at your back. The player in Italy can find himself squeezed between these two. Turkey is very hard to break - but also hard to expand from: as you advance your Borders become always longer & your nearby country bonuses are not easily defensible. In england you get limited reinforcements, but can often stay safe there till you are strong enough to overcome Germany or more likely France when he has been worn out by war on 3 fronts. From England eventually you can establish a short frontline around Berlin-Bavaria-southern France- from which you can launch your knockout blow.
With the many bonuses it's important to push up your reinforcements, try to get progressively 1 or 2 more, extra terrs or cities. If you have england, you want england + berlin, if you have berlin you want berlin + vienna.... Think in phases of 5-10 turns, with a longterm objective. Punish the weaker players, keep tabs on the stronger ones. If you grow gradually, your opponents don't see your strength till too late. But if there is a tactical opportunity, grab it. Don't be afraid of a fight, you can afford to lose armies in establishing a moral superiority.

you forget cyprus ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sheepwn on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Wow all of these have been very good. I'm keen lately on holding capitals at the beginning strategy and just building until I can expand..
Major sheepwn

Return to Conquer Club Discussion