Conquer Club

Assasin Games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Assasin Games

Postby ScavengerType on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:44 pm

OK well, I've been looking at getting my medals in different games and because I can't get teams of 3/4 together and can't invite people being freemium, I've decided to look at getting my bronze in assassin. Problem is winning an assassin game is much different than winning a conventional or terminator game. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm doing wrong and I don't want to go losing points like mad so I'm asking people to help clarify how strategies for assassin games differ from strategies or normal or 2 side team games.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Re: Assasin Games

Postby Joodoo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 pm

1.You have to block the elimination of a player who is not your target when needed.
2.If a bonus zone that you want to take contains a lot of another player's territory (and that player is not your target), don't take it unless that said player is getting too strong.
3.For fog games, don't make it too obvious who your target is until you spot most of their territories.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby ScavengerType on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:24 pm

what about strategies dealing with people targeting you?
and picking starting locations, or if/when you might be better off to just hit your target whole hog?
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby Joodoo on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:59 pm

ScavengerType wrote:what about strategies dealing with people targeting you?
and picking starting locations, or if/when you might be better off to just hit your target whole hog?

At some point, your assassin's assassin will deal with your assassin. However, if it seems to overwhelming, stack up in a territory where your assassin's territory is not adjacent to yours.
For escalating it would be better to primarily attack your target after a cash in. For other spoil options, it's better to wait until you have enough troops.
Generally, try and find your assassin and build up far from their territories, in case they block you from attacking your own target.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby rockfist on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:42 pm

On large maps, like 2.1 sometimes it does not matter that it should be obvious who your target is - take them down to 1-3 territories and someone else will often kill them for you. Also if you are playing a large map and its flat rate or no spoils - you will need to get an early bonus or two to obtain the firepower necessary to wipe out your target.
Major rockfist

Postby BYUwonder11 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Depends on how quickly you want the games to go, but I've found that if you know specific maps really well, you can use settings to your advantage. Maps like City Mogul and other maps with quick kills and lots of troops are easier to win more games on. Other maps like 2.1, Hive, etc. are going to be a lot longer which as a freemium will take you a lot longer to get the medal.
Major BYUwonder11

Location: Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.

Postby ScavengerType on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm not so concerned about time as I am a learning curve here. I was a lieutenant when i first posted this and now I'm sergeant 1st class. In fact actually I find the assassin games eve on maps like 2.1 seem to end quickly with someone else winning. Is there something I'm missing here? Are there bad settings to look for for assassin games?
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby codierose on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:25 am

start with the basics find a map your good at a small one will be easy to pick up start with sunny until your good enough to go foggy :D
Lieutenant codierose

Return to Conquer Club Discussion