Conquer Club

underdog in 2 long no spoils games questions

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

underdog in 2 long no spoils games questions

Postby ScavengerType on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:39 pm

I've seen more than a few people take their games here to seek the advice of the commons. Well here I am looking for some advice with some games that have gone on a few rounds here.

Firstly a 2.1 map that is on round 43. I hold europe, green holds most of SA/Aff because of a recent deadbeat and I've finally convinced cyan in Asia except ME and yellow in Oceania + us/mex to work together on him. Yellow was a hard sell, he had made a border truce between mex/SA with green, and then subsequently called for all other players to attack green. Spotting this inconsistency in his advice and actions, I proceeded to lob stacks of troops at him every few turns all the while calling him a hypocrite and twisting his arm. I also didn't want him to have all of NA so I've been helping red stay alive artificiality in canada as a buffer/human shield. Both strategies seem to have worked. However with yellow allegedly going to attack green and cyan working in on ME (something that could backfire if he goes after me afterwards), green still having borders forted to the 9s against me and me with lower troop levels than anyone except red I just don't know what to do, should I just sit and watch everyone drain themselves or is there an attack path I need to think about?
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=9180917

Now this one is on first nations Americas and is into round 85 It's basically split into two "alliances" pink (in the north) and cyan (in the south) in NA teamed up shortly after it was reduced to just the 4 of us. ME (green) and orange just sorta agreed to work together once this reality was upon us and unlike cyan/pink we have no terms except that a violation of it would/could likely end it indefinitely. At the beginning me and orange were annihilating them both, but orange got lazy on attacks and they took the lead over us. For a while I was taking hits from them both but we regrouped under my pick on cyan strategy (also tried convert cyan strategy but didn't work). Unfortunately somewhat because of my geographic position I've been doing a lot of the bonus breaking while orange has done a lot of the territory taking. Orange hasn't showed much initiative at all, but he is a shield against aggression from cyan/pink. Again, I'm the under dog, having the lowest troop count, but I have the advantage of having orange as a buffer against the most crafty player in this game by far. Pink. Currently pink has been hitting orange from Greenland and trying to draw his troops out. I think he wants to trap me by getting me to turn on orange and go for SA, Something that would probably have orange suiciding against me, but I may be misreading an opportunity that I may be creating for myself. Frankly I'm not sure what to do short or long term for this game.
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=8674843
Sergeant ScavengerType

Re: underdog in 2 long no spoils games questions

Postby ScavengerType on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Your assistance is appreciated, but please do not comment in the games or others will catch on.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby zimmah on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 am

i'm not going to support someone with an avatar like that.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby pickleofdoom on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:19 am

I suggest you all agree a draw.
Colonel pickleofdoom

Postby ScavengerType on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:28 pm

zimmah wrote:i'm not going to support someone with an avatar like that.

If you can win me 1 of these games, I'll change it.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby jcarter1 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

ScavengerType wrote:
zimmah wrote:i'm not going to support someone with an avatar like that.

If you can win me 1 of these games, I'll change it.

to his sister? :-P
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ScavengerType on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:53 pm

I actually stole this avatar from someone else. I don't have the ability to change the words in it, I don't have the GFX know how. Seriously if I can get some help that's the least I could do.
Come on I lost a rank since I started this post, I need help.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Return to Conquer Club Discussion