Conquer Club

Clandemonium + Newbie = ?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Clandemonium + Newbie = ?

Postby crispybits on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 am

Hi all

Still fairly new around here (played maybe 15 games of various types) and I've joined SoC and that's going OK

However in addition to this I've chosen Clandemonium as my first map of choice away from Classic to learn more about strategies etc. It seems to be a nice mid level map, normally has games with lots of players so I can see different strategies and how they work out within fewer games, gameplay isn't too complicated like the Roman Empire one, size is nice (tried hive for a couple of games but it was too big for my newbie skills), etc etc

Problem is there is no strategy guide for this map, so as much as I can learn by watching and trying things out, I feel like I'm pretty much on my own when it comes to optimising my strategy. While this is good in one way, I'd really love another resource to refer to to check I'm not thinking something crazy or not being aggressive enough / being too aggressive / whatever.

Have I missed a guide somewhere on this? Or a good thread with a discussion around it? From doing a search I couldn't find anything really useful.

Or (and this is a long shot I know) but anyone fancy taking a newbie under their wing to get my head firmly round this map with a little bit of advice every day or two when I get to a point in one of my games where I'm just not sure what would be best to do next?

Thanks for any and all helpful replies 8-)
Major crispybits

Re: Clandemonium + Newbie = ?

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:30 pm

I would take a look at strategies for Feudal War/Feudal Epic and incorporate techniques used there on this map. It might actually be better to start on one of those maps. I wouldn't call Clandemonium mid-level in terms of size either. It's big.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby crispybits on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 pm

I meant mid-level in terms of it's not too complicated - or at least I find it quite intuitive - not like some of the moon landing / roman empire / etc maps where it's hard to work out how to play the map well. I will have a look at the guides you mention and see what I can gain from them. Thanks for the advice :)
Major crispybits

Postby anonymus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:00 am

crispybits wrote:I meant mid-level in terms of it's not too complicated - or at least I find it quite intuitive - not like some of the moon landing / roman empire / etc maps where it's hard to work out how to play the map well. I will have a look at the guides you mention and see what I can gain from them. Thanks for the advice :)

clandemonium has the same problem as feudal epic.. it is unreadable in the fog..
you should start with feudal war that is very similar in gameplay (good setting is foggy chained escalating) and this works well for both 1v1 and 3-6player games..

feudal war has the added benefit of bombardment that lets you stay in your kingdom for a longer time (where as in cland.. you need to keep going)

added that there are ways of making very educted guesses as to where your opponent(s) is/are with the help of bold cards and counting steps in correlation to bonuses next turn, this is a great allround-map..

i also recomend ww2 poland for 1v1 or teamgames if you want to get away from the drop-factor of the game..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Cook anonymus

Postby Nucker on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Go for the middle, go for the middle, go for the middle
Sergeant 1st Class Nucker

Postby crispybits on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Major crispybits

Return to Conquer Club Discussion