Conquer Club

Cheat code

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Cheat code

Postby waltero on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 pm

I am thoroughly convinced that there is a way to cheat.

No way can the dice rolls be this bad!

If no cheat than this game is gayer than I first believed
Cook waltero

Re: Cheat code

Postby king achilles on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 am

I know I shouldn't be telling this but between you and me, I'd check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56400
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 am

CTRL + W
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby waltero on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Oh, so this game is not as gay as it would seem...it be the cheaters that are the gay ones.

Cheaters DON"T BE GAY! it is not cool
Cook waltero

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 pm

randomness is pretty random. nobody has convincingly proved that CC's dice are entirly predictable aka supposedly they are not random.

there are many people complaining about bad dice, i do to every once in a while. it makes me feel better. Considering it is a dicegame, you are bound to roll a lot of dice, and then get a lot of 1's, every 1/6th of the time.
Trust me, blaiming all your losses on luck and all your wins on your genius, well thats a personality problem. I hope you can see that.

on the other hand, if you can convincinly PROVE that cc dice are bad, e.g. by using bad tactics, but manipulating the dice and thereby becoming conqueror. That will etch your name into the CC firmanent permanently
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby OScoder on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 am

"waltero" - it's homophobic to use "gay" as an insult. Suggest you apologise...
Sergeant OScoder

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 am

OScoder wrote:"waltero" - it's homophobic to use "gay" as an insult. Suggest you apologise...

This.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby waltero on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 pm

OScoder wrote:"waltero" - it's homophobic to use "gay" as an insult. Suggest you apologise...

Nonsense. Just shut it with the meaning of the word gay. 42 years ago "Gay'' had a different meaning all together.

I call some of my fondest friends Gay! In fact I would be considered gay at times.

Mod edit: Flame removed
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 pm

My Strategy seems to be OK at best. I rarely refer to them as dice. I usually consider it bad whether or starving units as the reason why they do not fight (bad dice).
It happens!

But when I see 9 units take nine terits against 16 men I have got to wonder.

Maybe My entire force along the front line Got drunk the previous night. I might believe that but for the fact that they had no booze and I gave Specific orders, NO DRINKING!

MY men Fear me. They would never disobey a direct order from their fearless leader.

I am sure the Gays had something to do with it.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Cook waltero

Postby nĆ me on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 pm

Yeah, Ctrl + W works great.

By the way, getting mad at someone for them asking you not to call someone gay is like me making fun of bipolar people in front of you. It's just wrong and unnecessary.
Sergeant 1st Class nĆ me

Postby waltero on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:06 am

Who is getting mad? Looks like somebody is upset with me for using the word 'Gay'.
I will use the word GAY any way I see fit, unless you would prefer Homo?
I think most people would agree that this game is gay.
Are you upset because I called this game, Gay or is it because I called you Gay? (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Because if you are gay...what is the matter? When I am making reference to homosexuality what better way of doing it other than using the word Gay?
So you are gay...no big deal. I can live with that.

Its not like I called you a flaming queen or anything like that.
I call most my friends ''Gay'' no big deal. We are still friends...and we do love one another (just not in the same manner that you do).
There is a lot worse name calling around here (far worse, F*cktard, Retard, Idiot, etc).
So you were called Gay be happy.
Who knows you might even meet somebody new..now that it is out in the open.
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:14 am

Do I not have the right to be homophobic?
I do not think I am homophobic...I am not Gay, my boyfriend is.
Cook waltero

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:11 am

waltero wrote:

Do I not have the right to be homophobic? You have already recieved a formal warning, please do not make me step it up.
I do not think I am homophobic...I am not Gay, my boyfriend is.

no you do not have the right... You have already had a formal warning, please do not make me step it up.
Bigoted comments will not be tolerated---lets all tolerate and live peacefully with one another.

hide: Bigotry Specifics

Bigotry includes racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia/sexual orientation bashing, religion bashing, lack of religion bashing, or wishing violence on any group of people, etc.
Bigotry takes into account historic events, emotional baggage and generally accepted associations with a term, phrase or intent - posting "White Power" in a topic has a history and is bigoted, posting "Green Power" makes you an environmentalist.

Bigotry will get your post edited/deleted and you will receive a disciplinary action from a mod. Bigotry, just avoid it. Just do it.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Tanel on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:30 pm

waltero wrote:

Do I not have the right to be homophobic?

You have the right to be homophobic, but that doesn't mean you can share your homophobic ideas on other peoples property. In other words, in your own home you can say whatever you want about other people, but on this website you can't say everything that pops up in your head. You don't own this website, someone else does and therefore you have the obligation to follow their rules.
Major Tanel

Postby waltero on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Calling somebody Gay is not a bad thing?
How come it only bothers the Homosexuals that I call them Gay? I could call any number of people (specifically heterosexual) Gay and it would not offend them in the slightest.

If Homosexuals are going to take the word "gay'' as their own, so be it.

Gay is not such a hateful word. Gay = out of whack.

I hear people being called much worse around here.
My vocabulary is very limited. If you can give me a phrase (word) That better describes what this game is (Gay is not just for Homosexuals) then I would gladly take it into consideration, the next time I want to describe something that is out of whack.
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Note; Referring to something that is 'out of whack' as being ''out of whack'' is just to long and it would be gay to say such a thing. I refuse to do it.
Cook waltero

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm

king achilles wrote:I know I shouldn't be telling this but between you and me, I'd check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56400

I followed that link, and then Robinnette's link and she raises a great point.

Now before someone responds with a lecture about this being cheating, let me just say that many threads have already debated the difference between cheating and exploiting a weakness in the program. This is no more cheating than a double turn in a freestyle game, or partnering with someone with an ultra low score, noob hunting triples games, etc, etc. By the way, for the record I don't do ANY of those other things. So again, this is NOT cheating, and if lack really wanted to prevent all these little game exploitations he could change the game parameters to prevent it.

Exploiting the site is not cheating.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:29 am

waltero wrote:Note; Referring to something that is 'out of whack' as being ''out of whack'' is just to long and it would be gay to say such a thing. I refuse to do it.

I would like to point out that "gay" does not mean "out of whack." When used in this context it is meant to insult the homosexual community. It comes from a time when people were less tolerant than they are now and it was used openly and without thought. It's basically used to say that something is awful, not normal, out of whack, just like a gay person. That's insulting and you need to educate yourself on the true meaning of words before you argue the point.

The old dictionary meaning of "gay" = "happy" "carefree" "lightheated"
There is nothing stopping you from using it in this context since it doesn't insult anyone. But then I get the impression that you won't have a reason to use it like that. It was once used quite a lot in literature in this sense, but it's become more difficult for writers to get away with that now in case it's taken the wrong way. If people weren't misusing the word like you are doing currently, that fear wouldn't be there in the first place.

So, simply... stop.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby waltero on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 pm

I have been using this word in a funny gay sort of way for many years now. If others want to take it as an insult, not my problem.
Mama says it is not OK to be gay. Don't be gay.

quote ''It's basically used to say that something is awful, not normal, out of whack, just like a gay person''.

To me, being gay (not homosexuals...more of the act) is awful, not normal, out of whack.
Not saying I hate gays, just that they are out of whack. Is that OK.
I am sorry that the Homosexuals are offended by this. My friends are not offended in the least when I call them gay.

I do not hate this game (though it can be a bit 'gay' at times).
For somebody to get offended at me for calling a game Gay is a bit ridiculous.
And to suggest that a person apologize is even more ridiculous!
No sense in getting bent out of shape when people use the word gay in this context.
Most likely it will always be.
Trying to change a word (gay) into a name...Now it has become name calling.
Not that simple.

I do apologize if I hurt his Feelings...when I told him to ''shut it gay boy''

P.S. Did you not just contradict yourself? My be you were talking about the old meaning of the word, (out of whack)Gay.
Cook waltero

Postby Keefie on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Unbelievable. Someone boot this bigot out of this place :x
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:56 pm

waltero wrote:P.S. Did you not just contradict yourself? My be you were talking about the old meaning of the word, (out of whack)Gay.

I did NOT contradict myself. That is modern bigoted use of the word. I explained exactly why it is used in that context and how it came about. In highschool, kids said things like "that's gay" when referring to something they didn't like, or if something didn't go their way. It was without thought and because we didn't understand, a natural reflex. I was guilty of this too, but I didn't understand like I do now. Kids nowadays are better educated on these matters. As I got older, I began to understand why that word shouldn't be used in that context. Is it so hard to keep your opinions to yourself and not use the word. I mean, geez, you don't have to appreciate homosexuality, but you could maybe follow the site rules and not be a bigot.

Just admit that use of the word is wrong and cut it out. No one is asking you to apologise, just not use that word in that way here on CC again. You can at least pretend to be a tolerant individual. :x
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby waltero on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 pm

I am not sure if there is any other word that best describes what it is that I am saying when I call something gay.
Have you ever seen a movie called, the gay bachelor?
You would think it is about a gay guy.
How do you think Cary Grant feels about that.

So I am suppose to stop using my favorite word because 'some' people find it offensive.
It does not matter what context I use it in...there will always be some people that take offense (the use of that 'Name' by heterosexuals).
And Yes, somebody did demand that I apologize. That is what got me going in the first place!

If me calling this game gay offends some people, so be it. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
Have you ever ran across that kid in School, that goes around telling people that he is gay.
Maybe if Homosexuals did not act so 'Gay ' it might not hurt there feelings so much when others use that word.
Mama always said...gay is as gay does.

So sick of this politically correct bull sh*t!
Cook waltero

Postby macbone on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:05 am

Waltero, how would you feel if someone said, "wow, this forum is so black," and used it as an insult? That would be totally inappropriate.

Frankly, man, using gay pejoratively is childish at best and hateful at worst. I know it gets thrown around a lot, but it's a really uncool thing to say.

The meanings of words change over time, and some things that were generally accepted in the past are now seen as racist or sexist, things like "Honest Injun" and "that's mighty white of you". (Actually, the latter has always been racist and is still used today, which doesn't make it right.)

If a movie called "The Gay Bachelor" came out now, it'd be about a guy who was looking for some sweet man-on-man action.
Colonel macbone

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:06 pm

waltero wrote:I am not sure if there is any other word that best describes what it is that I am saying when I call something gay.
Have you ever seen a movie called, the gay bachelor?
You would think it is about a gay guy.
How do you think Cary Grant feels about that.

OMG, didn't I just say it was used in old literature? Movie scripts would count. BUT the word did not mean anything close to how you're using it. Don't you get it?

From A local song here:
your fields are so green, there's plains to be seen
and your towns are so gay and so bright

It's an archaic use of the word and totally acceptable. It means cheery, uplifting... that kinda thing.

You are using it in a negative context. And as macbone pointed out already, it's childish. I'm thinking that you're not a kid, but jeez you never know online. 8-[

If I want to elaborate on word use, I could say that I never use the word "fag" online because it's a derogatory term for a gay person in the USA, but it's the informal word for a cigarette here. "Brb, going out for a fag."You hear people say this all the time in my country. But, I know what it means once you go global. You have to be open to other people's feelings and not say things that you know isn't going to sit well, intentional or not.
Last edited by Shannon Apple on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion