Conquer Club

Dice stats and Victory

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Dice stats and Victory

Postby waltero on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:29 am

In one of my earlier post A gentleman Stated that if I win a game it is only because I was lucky with the dice.

At that moment I was saddened by the possibility that this might be the case. Am I such a bad player that can only win a game, be the dice will it?
So I began to search for the truth of the matter.

I went to my recently finished games and started from the bottom.
Ah, woe and behold...I must be the greatest player the World has ever seen!

Almost (with the exception of one) every game that I have won my dice stats sucked! The loser Had better dice than I.
So I got to thinking...went to other guys games and looked at his dice stats, Most every game that he won he had the better dice.
It was kinda hard to tell until I went to his one on one games.

I continued looking at my dice stats in my lost games, looked at a few (five or so) and I started to get sick...it was bad my dice suck continually.

I do remember playing a assassin game with a couple of gents. this lieutenant Started lambasting me for attacking him (being that I was his Target) more than my target.
We were in a Nuke game.
So of course he flies off the handle and both me and my target tried to explain how Assassin works. Of course he states: a Squire telling a knight how to play the game!

So he matched his 47% vs my 30%
He was a skilled player no doubt about it.
Then I said ya but you have over 6000 games (most all was team play).
He made a statement that I find funny.
After I had told him that I have under 1200 games he said that after so many games (I had reached so many games) it does not matter you are as good as you will ever get.
My % has been much higher in the past (when I kinda cared about it)

Sounded foolish to me.
There are to many factors involved.
The game board (this is a huge factor)
team play vs 1 on 1
lag
small screen...many of the boards I can not see units (specially Green)!
Who you play (LR or HR). This can bring your % up or down.

Am I off base here? :mrgreen:
Last edited by waltero on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cook waltero

Re: Dice stats and Victory

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 am

I never said that. By all means quote where I said that you only ever win a game because of dice. Haha! You're hilarious. XD
Also, please show me how to get dice stats for individual games...

"gentleman" lol.

Not only are you a complainer (saying all high ranking players target low ranking players) but you tell lies too. <3
My post from that thread...

Shannon Apple wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble waltero, but, in my experience, I find that SOME low rank players always suicide themselves somehow leaving themselves as easy targets. Being a low rank doesn't mean that they always will be.

If, for instance, we are playing an 8 player escalating game and 7 of the players are following the known strategy and there is one idiot (regardless of rank) just taking out stacks everywhere. Then that guy is going to get taken out first for his cards, without a doubt, because he's weakening himself. Next is the person that he suicided on because he is also weakened.

Well waltero, no one will be ganging up on you because people with higher ranks than you won't want to play you at all. You will never become better if you behave like that. I can't judge your strategy because I have never played against you, but going to guess that it's quite bad. In January of this year, I was a low ranked player because I hadn't played since 2009. It really doesn't take that much to go learn how to play and kick some ass. You won't do that if you keep blaming people with higher ranks than you.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby waltero on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 am

Oops, sorry Shannon. I got you mixed up with another player.
The minute I typed your name I knew it was a bad Idea to start dropping names.
I did not want to start target players.

That is not my point. (it would appear that you win most your games with better dice than your opponents though) :P

Go into your recent finished games.
Find a game.
Click on your opponents name.
Click on your opponents dice stats.
type your name.

Instead of going to your 'recent finished games' you can go to any players (Joe smuckatelly) wall and enter into 'find all game (Joe smuckatellys games), go into his opponent wall and type Joe smuckatellys name in the dice stats.

There you have it.

OK, If you believe that I am (was) bitching about HR, so be it. I was bitching! What of it.
I will say, I was bitching about HR bitching about cooks and low rank players (game play).
In essence (if you do not see it) I was bitching at the same level that HR bitch (about LR).

Pointing out the obvious...HR have bad (habits)game play as well as low rank players.

Pardon my spelling Gentlemen. =D>
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 am

Computer Dice Really suck. Always have always will!
Cook waltero

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:52 am

That's not how you judge people's stats for a particular game though. I have played many of my opponents more than once. While I may get a decent run of dice here and there, it's the crucial points of a game that matter. If it's a crucial dice, and my dice flop, that's a losing turn right there.

Dice are a factor in winning/losing, but so is skill. However, sometimes, you just need the dice to go your way. Say, eliminating someone in a quads match, that's often a crucial turn. If you miss something like 11 vs 4, even if you've been doing well previously, it can cause an entire flip of the board.

What I am trying to say is, you can't judge overall dice stats against an opponent. In a team game, that becomes even more redundant because your teammate may have done the work that you're finishing. Maybe if I only played 1v1 matches against that person... then maybe you could get a better idea, but what I said above still applies.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby waltero on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 pm

True dat.

Many people will blame a loss on the dice, without ever looking at the dice stats (that is what it is there for).
Tis a good feeling when you see a big percentage of your wins, even when you are playing against the dice.

Many of the game boards put out are similar to playing Chess. Luxemburg, Doodle Earth are me fave.
Cook waltero

Return to Conquer Club Discussion