Conquer Club

How to play Middle Ages map

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How to play Middle Ages map

Postby AyeTrain on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:27 pm

I always enjoy this map (partly because I just like the middle ages) but I've never had much success on it. It seems like it requires a unique strategy that I haven't discovered yet.

What I do know is:

• It's critical to keep your palace defended, either itself or at the Square.
  • It's usually not worth it to conquer your city
  • Enemies really, really like to conquer your palace. If you think it's well-defended, it's probably not.

I've tried being aggressive, but that just gets me eliminated early. Conservative play means I get eliminated later. If I resist the urge to use some or all of my Palace troops on offense, I won't have enough to take any bonus (at only 3/turn). If I use them, I end up eliminated early.

Suggestions for how to approach this map? Thanks!
Last edited by AyeTrain on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major AyeTrain

Re: How to play Middle Ages map

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:31 am

I'd say it's worth taking your city unless it's mostly neutrals, but considering in 1v1 you have four Palaces (IIRC) then chances are there will be a couple of cities worth taking. I try to remove my opponent from near my city, build a bigger deploy and then kill them. I'm not an expert, but I've won a fair few.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: How to play Middle Ages map

Postby osok68 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:26 am

it was/is one of my favorite maps too.Indeed defend your castle and mostly not take your city...so you are on the right track there.I t really helps getting a bonus outside your city,you will see all players look for weak castles(playing spoils that is) and leaving your outside bonus unharmed whit a bit of luck.Hope to meet you there once,too bad you have only 4 slots to play....
Colonel osok68

Location: for complaints,write it down on my other account-wall:USUK2.0

Return to Conquer Club Discussion