Conquer Club

Suicide Strategy.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Suicide Strategy.

Postby Gweeedo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 pm

When it comes to Suicide, most players do not give it any thought. Simply take all your units and attack your opponent at all cost.

Next time you wish to suicide, try to think of it as your opponents downfall as well.

Being that you must suicide on somebody, why not do it right.

Example: You are player 3 you are going to suicide on player 1. Player 2 is poised for elimination, but player 4 can not get to player 2.
So (you) player 3 attack player 2 making it possible for player 4 to take out player 2 (oppose to player 1 taking him out).
Thereby sealing player 1's fate (and possibly Disguising suicide).

Another example: reinforcing (end of turn) all your units on a bordering terit to force your Suicidal recipient into assaulting you.
Forgetting player 4 is on the same border waiting to assault player 1...forcing player 4 to go through you to get to player one.

Think about your moves. Enough of this half ass shit! If you want to suicide do it with some thought.
Knowing how to Die is just as important.

DIE WELL.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Re: Suicide Strategy.

Postby Aasin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:05 pm

You forget that most people do this as a personal vendetta for past actions in the game.
Cook Aasin

Postby Gweeedo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:42 am

maybe so, but if you Are going to do it...Why not do it right?

Everybody Suicides...most times it is the game (it is an inherent part of the game) that leaves you no other alternative.
Utilizing a strategic approach to a suicide maneuver...might not be considered a suicidal episode.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:17 pm

I never influence the outcome of the game without gaining reasonable chances to win myself. I consider offering the game to someone or accelerating the leader's victory, as wrong as "balancing" the game for the remaining players by suiciding on leader.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby osok68 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:53 am

suiciding is a good thing to do!Thats because you show other players that you are not afraid to do weird things,it gives you credit thats gonna pay out in following games.In poker its common and thats even for money...
Colonel osok68

Location: for complaints,write it down on my other account-wall:USUK2.0

Postby Silly Knig-it on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:29 pm

I been accused of suicide a number of times, when what I was doing was going for the small mathematical chance that I might win. I don't consider it suicide when I am trying to win and happen to come up just short. Sometimes, one is in a place in a game where you know you are not going to get another turn. So one is in a do or die situation. I will always choose to do and try for the win.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby osok68 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:50 pm

thats also know as 'get rich or die trying',thats one of my favorite risk/poker-rules...because if you wait you have less or no chanche to win.i would respect your moves in that way right away =D>
Colonel osok68

Location: for complaints,write it down on my other account-wall:USUK2.0

Postby king achilles on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 am

Some people just have the mentality that when they have a large stack, it automatically means don't attack it or else you better make sure that it will make you win the game. What is the line between taking that risk to win it as oppose to self destruction?
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby FreeFalling123 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:13 am

In the speeder world we call a suicidal attack "noobing." It's a term coined for a player going after a kill with negative outcome odds. Nooby players may try this attempt to win believing anything above 30% is a worthwhile attempt because of the points in question. Players being noobed are always going to regress.

I myself am not a big fan of any negative probability sweep starterrs. For your first kill the worst odds worthwhile are upper 40% if you know for fact another player is going to win ... assuming he'll achieve 80% probability or more after your turn is definitely giving you odds to go for a 40% kill -- assuming you win 20% of the time if he loses, which is probably over estimating it unless you are playing with a bunch of sallies. A lot of players will even go after 60% probable sweeper kills and that would immediately equal your 40% chance... so probably you would eithre lower his chances to closer to 50 or try the 40% yourself (depending on a lot of things) if he has 70% and you are looking at a 40%..maybe it's time to try for it. Of course these are well thought out plays and not just some mindless suicide. I saw a guy win a 4v9 when I was about to take a freestyle game home. He knew it was his last hope and I don't blame him in the slightest. He went on to win it and I proceeded to throw things at my fridge, cuss out my dog, eat a bunch of ice cream and cry myself to sleep.

Other forms of suicide come in terminator games. When you see a high rank opponent players tend to suicide on them. I would know... I have seen it many times where they take a swing at me and the next turn or maybe 15 seconds later if its freestyle they are already out. It's really not a bad strategy, but I would recommend going for sweeper kills, which will be more profitable in the long run -- especially if you are winning the games and aren't getting knocked out on mistakes like noobing a high ranker.

Like kaskavel said, there is no reason to level games or suicide a player for anothre players benefit. I have had it happen to me multiple times just to end a 3 way stalemate game where they truce and hope to get lucky. There are also lots of instances where people will do these things in favor of a high ranker so they lose the minimum, giving him/her an easy clean up. This is a cowardly way to play. The only time you shold suicide is in a game where your troops/regions/bonuses and every chance have been exasperated especially in a 1v1 situation. It's not terrible to provide an easier clean up, but nobody is in the right saying you should give up in any position.
Major FreeFalling123

Return to Conquer Club Discussion