Conquer Club

The unOfficial Battle for Iraq! Strategy Guide.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: The Official Battle for Iraq! Strategy Guide.

Postby gho on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:42 am

Ive just joined 4 games on this map because it seems like a great concept. What i gather from this thread is that there is no point in going for the continent bonuses, instead just attack the loyalty squares. At the beginning which loyalty squares are the best?
Lieutenant gho

Postby myfriendkyle on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Well, it's worthwhile to go for the Kurds. Their cities can't be attacked from loyalties and it's a good bonus to defense ratio. Also if you hold Tikrit then your two Kurdish cities are protected.

Which bonuses you go for initially will depend on what city(ies) you have, as the neutrals differ.

If you hold two cities with friendly neutrals then I suggest going for the Al Queda loyalties first as you get +3 for holding two and you can attack any Sunni city from that loyalty. This is not well understood by a lot of players and so they often leave these cities unprotected.

If you hold the Green Zone in Baghdad then the US bonuses would be good if you have the troops to beat the neutrals and other players are ignoring you. I usually end up grabbing the Baathists of the bat though. Usually just 1 neutral and it's an easy +1 to your deployment.
Sergeant 1st Class myfriendkyle

Postby Sionach on Thu May 05, 2011 6:21 am

I have just taken all territory's held by my oponant yet the legend still says he has 4 regions and 4 troops left!!! Where the hell are they?
Y.N.W.A.
Corporal 1st Class Sionach

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 am

Sionach wrote:I have just taken all territory's held by my oponant yet the legend still says he has 4 regions and 4 troops left!!! Where the hell are they?

lol
found the game, seems you had the awnser already in game chat...
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Re: The unOfficial Battle for Iraq! Strategy Guide.

Postby Ugly_Moose on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:56 pm

this is a great map.
Sergeant 1st Class Ugly_Moose

Location: In the woods, northern towns, middle of the road looking to get hit

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat May 13, 2017 6:36 am

I believed at the time that President George W. Bush made a HUGE mistake going into Iraq to take down Saddam. We went into a hornet's nest of tribes and a three way ethnic MESS. Add the power brokers and dealers and others and the situation is MUCH worse.

The Kurds want a homeland; justifiably so. The Shiia wanted revenge against the Sunnis and we got that and we ISIS. We did not recruit many of the former soldiers and officers of Saddam's army and we got enemy troops. A VERY BAD use of American power, military, prestige, reputation, and MADE enemies of MORE MOSLEMS.....ALL BAD....Bush is an IDIOT for taking out Saddam.

I hope that Trump does not make a similar mistake in Syria, North Korea, or elsewhere.

Sorry to turn this into political commentary, but war and politics are nearly always connected.

JusPlay4Fun

bbqpenguin wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:You forgot The power of the media to subvert anything positive accomplished or gained.

and what about the iranian dealers, trainers, and financial supporters that fund the bad guys and hinder the US at every possible opportunity?
Major jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat May 13, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks for your brilliant contribution to this recent, ongoing discussion.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat May 13, 2017 10:31 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Thanks for your brilliant and original contribution to this recent, ongoing discussion.

Corrected for you.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat May 13, 2017 11:34 am

laughingcavalier wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Thanks for your brilliant and original contribution to this recent, ongoing discussion.

Corrected for you.

I don't believe it was incorrect.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat May 13, 2017 2:25 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:

Corrected for you.

I don't believe it was incorrect.

Indeed. If a property X has characteristics A and B, saying X has A and B is not a correction over saying X has characteristic A.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion