Conquer Club

Weapons & Ammo

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Weapons & Ammo

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Map Name: Weapons & Ammo
Mapmaker(s): RedBaron0 and anyone willing to help out.
Number of Territories: TBA
Special Features: Mainly transformations, possibly map staging as well, conditional borders
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Think of the classic board game, Chutes and Ladders and you've got the basic idea here. You will have a game piece which will be your main deployment area. The map will be your basic grid of squares, possibly up to 100 which is the classic board game, but they may yet be pared down a little for size sake, or use map staging to have different levels of weaponry on each stage. The concept is simple, the map in for the most part one direction, a winding road to the top square, which is a victory condition. Each player will have options in each square to attack and move forwad with. there will be various weapons/ammo/components in each square. Gaining a combination of these will allow different borders or transformations to occur. Say for example you gain a territory with bullets, a machine gun, and sandbags. This would transform your game piece into a machine gun nest and allow your to attack a specific square on the map and be able to jump ahead to that spot. However there could also be consequences. Say you have territories with detonators, TNT, and copper wire which would normally be a good thing that allows you to bombard or something like that , however during your opponents turn they take away your copper wire and detonators leaving you with the highly unstable TNT by itself... when you start your turn you game piece transforms into a -10 auto decay. This is the ideas I have rolling around in my head for this, it could be quite complex, but generally still very simple. I figure to do it with a progression of ever deadlier weapons going up the board towards the ultimate goal space. Clubs to swords to muskets to revolvers to machine guns to canons to chemical/biological weapons to nukes to phasers & photon torpedoes.

Should be fairly simple to draw.(I think) But keeping the gameplay simple will be key.

Map Image:
coming soon
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Re: Weapons & Ammo

Postby RedBaron0 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Click image to enlarge.

This is all very preliminary, so don't go crazy! lol The idea is simple, this would be a first stage, a Stone Age that would advance to further ages or weapons, Bronze Age, Iron Age, Dark Ages, Age of Enlightenment, Industrial Revolution, Modern Age, The Future. As we learn what the stages can do, we can figure out exactly how stages progress, could just be rounds, or maybe holding the Goal space for a round can trigger the change. Either way the way to gain bonuses and attack paths is by collection various icons to make weapons. Stone+stick=club and you could attack a specific space. 2 stones opens a path to attack from your game piece, the stars, to the fire spaces.(Stones=sparks=FIRE) However if you hold a fire space without a stick space.(A way to transport fire) you get burned and your game piece transforms into a decay space, losing armies, on the plus side stick+fire means you can cook food, and thus equals a bonus.

All the various combinations would be spelled out in the currently empty space and what they do. And as the images progress further along the chain the bonuses/weapons/penalties will increase. Sure you might get to the last map with hundreds of armies, but one false step on that last board and you're down to 2 armies and squish-squash.

I might think about putting spaces on the map that are 6 sides of a die, and from the start space, which is a killer neutral, you attack the die, and which ever number you attack you then attack the corresponding number on the map.

What other idea have you guys got on this? I know this is very simplistic, and really we gotta get the XML together and test it one we have the most basic of images put together and go from there.
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Re: Weapons & Ammo

Postby codierose on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 am

snakes and ladders cool
Lieutenant codierose

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas