Conquer Club

Website "lag"

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Website "lag" reports

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:14 pm

forums are laggy, which I couldn't care less about.. games are for the most part good to go
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Agent 86 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Still wary, won't even go near speed games. Congrats to those that can still play speed, I would love to but it would just be a point giveaway.
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Serbia on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Forums got some serious lag going on right now.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby EBConquer on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:21 am

That lag is so incredibly bad right now... i've been sitting here for at least 10 minutes trying to load somebody's wall to leave a freaking message before i go to bed. Miraculously.... i loaded the forums in about 15 seconds. No hard feeling but I really think that we need to be updated regularly on this topic because as far as we know.... it's not being addressed. If there are site things happening, then let us know so we know what to expect.

Even in the time I'm writing this.... nobody's wall is loading. AOL, Google, Yahoo and MSN are loading without a hitch and super fast.

EDIT:

Yay... the wall(s) just loaded! :/ So, let's be gracious and say 15 minutes.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:47 am

EBConquer wrote:That lag is so incredibly bad right now... i've been sitting here for at least 10 minutes trying to load somebody's wall to leave a freaking message before i go to bed. Miraculously.... i loaded the forums in about 15 seconds. No hard feeling but I really think that we need to be updated regularly on this topic because as far as we know.... it's not being addressed. If there are site things happening, then let us know so we know what to expect. .

I know it seems that nobody is answering, but that's just because they're not answering in this thread.
The admins have been giving regular reports in the Site Lag thread that's in the Bugs forum.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=201139&start=15#p4406609
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=201139&start=15#p4415158
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=201139&start=30#p4426655
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=201139&start=45#p4432706

I guess that's one of the dangers of having multiple threads about the same thing. People asking questions in one thread think they're being ignored, while people posting answers in another thread are wondering why people aren't reading them.

I would like to suggest that we should merge the threads.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby EBConquer on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:13 am

Dukasaur wrote:
EBConquer wrote:That lag is so incredibly bad right now... i've been sitting here for at least 10 minutes trying to load somebody's wall to leave a freaking message before i go to bed. Miraculously.... i loaded the forums in about 15 seconds. No hard feeling but I really think that we need to be updated regularly on this topic because as far as we know.... it's not being addressed. If there are site things happening, then let us know so we know what to expect. .

I know it seems that nobody is answering, but that's just because they're not answering in this thread.
The admins have been giving regular reports in the Site Lag thread that's in the Bugs forum.

I guess that's one of the dangers of having multiple threads about the same thing. People asking questions in one thread think they're being ignored, while people posting answers in another thread are wondering why people aren't reading them.

Ahh, thanks. For some reason I was thinking this was the "Official Lag Thread". Seems to have improved for me in the last week or so which is a great sign and yes, this thread needs to go away if nobody is checking it.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:22 am

EBConquer wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Ahh, thanks. For some reason I was thinking this was the "Official Lag Thread". Seems to have improved for me in the last week or so which is a great sign and yes, this thread needs to go away if nobody is checking it.

Agreed. This was lackattack's official lag reports thread. I'm not sure if BW has ever considered it as such. It should probably be either
  • Moved to Bugs and merged with the other one, or
  • edited to lose the "Official" tag and unstickied, or
  • just archived outright.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Website "lag"

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Game 14162255

Kicked out because of the lag on this fucking site. Thanks so much! Booted out of a tournament because you can't sort this shit out.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Game 14162255

Kicked out because of the lag on this fucking site. Thanks so much! Booted out of a tournament because you can't sort this shit out.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Apologies, that wasn't quite correct. I missed two turns because of the bullshit lag. This is the third time I've been kicked out of a speed autotournament for this exact reason, and is why I stopped playing speed games. I thought I'd give it a try since things seemed to have improved and it was basically the only part of the St. Paddy's Day event I was going to be able to get involved with, since it's run for people on the dole.

Fucking brilliant service that we've come to expect. Bravo!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:41 pm

This has been unstickied in order to reduce the appearance of lag on the site.

Is it working?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby codierose on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 pm

best we give it a bump back to the top then
BigBallinStalin wrote:This has been unstickied in order to reduce the appearance of lag on the site.

Is it working?

more lag again nope actually permanently now
2 hours to create 7 clan games that's got to be a record. =D>
Lieutenant codierose

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:53 am

Bump.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Still absolutely nothing being done other than telling anyone that wants to cause problems how to go about it? (see clan forum)
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Bump. It's getting worse again. Mainly forums, but games too.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Bump. It's getting worse again. Mainly forums, but games too.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby TeeGee on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:14 am

We are looking at both short and long term solutions to the current lag. We all agree that we need to act on this immediately.
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Donelladan on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 am

We all agree that we need to act on this immediately.

Lag is here than more than 3 months now or something like that.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby BoganGod on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Massive Lag yet again. Windows 7, 1year old laptop with plenty of ram and top specs(always have an older version of windows, don't trust new versions to be debugged on release). Tried CC in both chrome and firefox, slightly faster in chrome but still laggy. Pages taking about 4times longer to load in CC then on other sites, including my bank, gmail, youtube, and skype. Video on skype is fine with no delay.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby TeeGee on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Nobody is denying current lag and we have something we are expeditiously testing in Beta and hope to have implemented into the site to rectify the current predicament.
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:32 am

I actually don't have any lag problems. Obviously, the CC website is not at fault.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Graceless_ on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I actually don't have any lag problems. Obviously, the CC website is not at fault.

Hoping this is sarcasm. If not, thank you for your useless "contribution".

Lag is ridiculous right now. Borderline unplayable. Please do not send out any more games for the championship tournaments until this gets fixed.
Sergeant 1st Class Graceless_

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Graceless_ wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:I actually don't have any lag problems. Obviously, the CC website is not at fault.

Hoping this is sarcasm. If not, thank you for your useless "contribution".

Lag is ridiculous right now. Borderline unplayable. Please do not send out any more games for the championship tournaments until this gets fixed.

Actually throughout the last few months & complaints of lag I've barely ever (maybe 3 times) experienced any lag, and generally for short periods of time.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 pm

(1) Are y'all only talking about speed games?

Occasionally, the forum takes 2 seconds to longer to load a page (OMEHGERD).

Occasionally, in a 24-hour game, it takes 2 seconds longer to load a move (OH NOEZZZ!!!)

Can't say anything about speed games though.

(2) How many of y'all have controlled for your own browsers and what not? e.g. if you have a bunch of add-ons running and many pages loaded, then it shouldn't be surprising if your game lags...
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 am

No speed games, just casual and forums. Even with nothing else open or running I lag a lot more often than not. The forums are worse but it's not uncommon for me to get timed out several times trying to make one move.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:45 am

I got about 30 tabs open, running god knows how many add-ons, and I've got some standard cable connection, that's shared over 5 people. There's hardly any lag problems.

How do you know it isn't you and is CC?
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion