Conquer Club

So...If the dice are Truly Random

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: So...If the dice are Truly Random

Postby Rotean9 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:52 am

The dice are like ping pong balls. Boing boing boing. Up and down up and down up and down... Boing boing boing.
Last edited by Rotean9 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:02 pm

johnnycaffeine wrote:The Surprising Frequency of Low-Probability Events: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/surprisi ... -arm-crcmp

Just to clarify, are some of you geniuses in this thread making the point that this article is wrong?

interesting article; other should read it
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:21 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
johnnycaffeine wrote:The Surprising Frequency of Low-Probability Events: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/surprisi ... -arm-crcmp

Just to clarify, are some of you geniuses in this thread making the point that this article is wrong?

interesting article; other should read it

I agree, that was very enlightening, but it doesn't do much for justifying my complaining. Now I will have to research a whole new reason why things aren't fair. Or, maybe not. If I were to just claim that things were rigged and unfair and did it loud enough and long enough, maybe people would have to recognize that with that amount of noise there must be something there. So with that in mind. The dice are rigged and unfair.The dice are rigged and unfair.The dice are rigged and unfair.The dice are rigged and unfair.The dice are rigged and unfair.The dice are rigged and unfair.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

3 laws of CC dice

Postby Rotean9 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:27 am

I have just had a game where I lost EVERY SINGLE roll three times. 6vs 3, 6vs 2, 4 vs 1.... all same result. I lost all my men for no gain. Impossible with REAL dice. Go figure.
Last edited by Rotean9 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby general cod on Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:05 pm

The dice are very fair, the stats are always accurate - every game is on a level platform
:--------------) yeeeeeehaaaaaa
Lieutenant general cod

Postby nikola_milicki on Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 pm

crap dice all day but just won 7 vs 1,9,5 loosing only 1 :roll:
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Devante on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:34 am

This is a gamblers post. And gamblers dice. Most only remember the rounds with shit dice round over round. Agreed, been there. But enough times the dice have swung the other way, but those seem to get lost in memory. That's the issue here. There's an algorithm here and it needs to be accounted for along with strategy. You remember the good but not the bad. And look at the defense too, it evens out at the end. Unless there's a big conspiracy on the overall dice stats being manipulated, that's a different post though. Believe me, I bitch about dice all the time but when I get that 5vs15 come through, I ain't postin shit. Just thankin these dice gods. The dice average and that's that. Best advice, plan your turns better to hit the streaks and hit the bad spots when it don't matter. Otherwise, toughen up buttercup...
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion