Conquer Club

So...If the dice are Truly Random

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: So...If the dice are Truly Random

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:56 pm

Keefie wrote:It could of course be a faulty mouse. I press assault, nothing happens. I press again, nothing happens. Picks up mouse shakes it, presses assault, nothing happens.

That'll be it, I need a new mouse :lol:

There were times in the past when my dice were so bad I needed a whole new monitor!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:46 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:
Keefie wrote:In over 13 years here I've never had such poor dice as I've had this past month. Dropped 700 points with no end in sight. My very last turn in an Arms Race game = losing 18 troops 21v3 :( It's becoming disheartening.

Going through the same trauma mate. And yes, disheartening is the word, coupled with angry frustration. 18v8 to finish a multiplayer esc sweep having eliminated 4 others, only to roll 3-15. 3-15 !!! Sometimes the dice truly take the piss, and always at a crunch moment.

...and of course the last round when you have only one territ left, the dices are making things like 4v3 (neutral)v1v1 with no loss.... :(
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby willedtowin1 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Keefie wrote:It could of course be a faulty mouse. I press assault, nothing happens. I press again, nothing happens. Picks up mouse shakes it, presses assault, nothing happens.

That'll be it, I need a new mouse :lol:

There were times in the past when my dice were so bad I needed a whole new monitor!

1 time I threw my Mouse ( cordless) across the room (in the basement office) into the brick fireplace wall.
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby DBandit70 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:16 pm

This message is for all to read and comment on, but directed to the powers that be at CC. Can we put up a poll on the front page and let it run for a couple of weeks to see if maybe a change in the dice program is due. The dice are without question always going to be an issue and so no matter what program is in place this will be an issue. But in my ten years of playing, I have never been unhappier with the dice and I have never heard the complaints like I do now. This issue has driven many away from CC because it has become too frustrating. We all have options on every aspect of each game, but the dice we are stuck with in each game so it is the key issue. The amount of times I have seen a 30 attack into a 4 and lose is way too often. The amount of times I have seen a 7 take out an 11, 3, and 6 in a single round is way too often. It is crazy outcomes like these that are completely abnormal and ruining so many games. Outcomes that should occur 1 in a million rolls are occurring daily at a rate of 1 in every 500 rolls. This ruins way too many games to digest. It has become too much luck. I am estimating here, but I have had in the past year, in multi-player escalating games, where I am plus 20 troops as an attacker, trying to take out another player and have come up short on the take-out close to 10% of the time. This should happen at around 1% of the time.

So however the dice program (taking your recent dice and your opponents recent dice into consideration) is working to create averages consistent with all players, it has created a secondary problem in that the number of crazy and improbable outcomes is way out of proportion. I think we should run a poll with all members to see if a change is in order. If a change is in order, we should ask for ideas and share those ideas and have a time to discuss each before putting it to a vote. I hope others would support this and share their own comments good and bad.
Major DBandit70

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Very good post Bandit - right on point. What was once a strategic dice game has now become a game of chance in the hope that the poor bastard who precedes you in a multiplayer esc game is the one who gets shafted when he fails with a 20v4 elimination attempt.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Very good post Bandit - right on point. What was once a strategic dice game has now become a game of chance in the hope that the poor bastard who precedes you in a multiplayer esc game is the one who gets shafted when he fails with a 20v4 elimination attempt.

Happened to me twice this week, so Fing frustrating... But at least personally, I don't blame the poor 'dice' algorithms... I blame bad luck.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Ltrain on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:44 pm

I think DBandit's post may point to a come to Jesus moment for us on how we want the dice to act.
What I am reading sounds like a lot of long time members (minus the random ppl i dont recognize) want a change to the dice algorithm that would be less like how dice act in real life.
It's not a terrible idea.
I'm perfectly ok with how we do things currently. Like I have said on other threads, you adjust your game based on whatever the rules are.
But for people who are tired of random dice ruining the game, the best solution
(and I'm not super for it just pointing it out... I actually like seeing wild dice whether I'm on the losing or winning side)
would be
To remove dice entirely and put a sliding scale for what we accept to be a win percentage based on what we think it should be based on troop count
I'm just making up these numbers to start the convo i guess.
4v1 75%
4v2 50%
4v3 25%

10v1 99%
10v10 40%

20v2 100%
20v20 55%

The big dice seems to not be complained that much about, but if you followed this logic it would make sense to adjust for 1,000 vs 1,000 as being closer to 50/50 and not how actual dice would play out in real life.

I'm not pro or against a change for the record.
Captain Ltrain

Re: Dice System

Postby MGSteve on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm

The dice here are most definitely different animals than actual dice. I've seen countless times when a certain tert is selected by the computer to not be broken no matter how many you throw at it. And yes, it most certainly seems that some high ranked players get better dice. I know one in particular and wonder if his conducting tourneys has anything to do with it. I've been beaten by better players but when the other player gets almost all 6's, 5's and 4's while I get almost all 1's, 2's and 3's, it is not their superior skills beating me. It's the computer generated dice.

Sometimes I can tell in the first 2 or 3 turns that I've been designated the losing dice. When you consistently get the lower numbers and your opponents get higher ones, there is no amount of superior tactics and strategy that is gonna save yer ass. And how many times have you been in a game where you or you and your teammates get excrement dice right up to the last 2 or 3 turns, and then they catch fire? I mean, there's no way in hell you can possibly pull it out at that late date when you're down to 4 or 5 terts, have a due of 3 and your opponents have many, many times that number of terts and huge dues. But the dice start working right at the end as if the person who programmed the damn things was a complete sadist!

With a large number of games, the dice will vary. If you're in the dead dice backslide, you'll still have a game or 3 with good to excellent dice. But the rest will be from bad to OMFG WTF is this excrement dice. And you bounce around between ranks as you slowly sink to corporal or so. Then the dice start improving and you bounce around between ranks until you're back up to major or so and then the cycle continues. Up and down, back and forth. If the dice algorithms were anywhere close to reality, if they performed anywhere close to the way real dice do, there would be no prolonged backslide to corporal and return to major, over and over and over and........................
Major MGSteve

Re: Dice System

Postby YukFoo on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:46 pm

MGSteve wrote:The dice here are most definitely different animals than actual dice. I've seen countless times when a certain tert is selected by the computer to not be broken no matter how many you throw at it. And yes, it most certainly seems that some high ranked players get better dice. I know one in particular and wonder if his conducting tourneys has anything to do with it. I've been beaten by better players but when the other player gets almost all 6's, 5's and 4's while I get almost all 1's, 2's and 3's, it is not their superior skills beating me. It's the computer generated dice.

Sometimes I can tell in the first 2 or 3 turns that I've been designated the losing dice. When you consistently get the lower numbers and your opponents get higher ones, there is no amount of superior tactics and strategy that is gonna save yer ass. And how many times have you been in a game where you or you and your teammates get excrement dice right up to the last 2 or 3 turns, and then they catch fire? I mean, there's no way in hell you can possibly pull it out at that late date when you're down to 4 or 5 terts, have a due of 3 and your opponents have many, many times that number of terts and huge dues. But the dice start working right at the end as if the person who programmed the damn things was a complete sadist!

With a large number of games, the dice will vary. If you're in the dead dice backslide, you'll still have a game or 3 with good to excellent dice. But the rest will be from bad to OMFG WTF is this excrement dice. And you bounce around between ranks as you slowly sink to corporal or so. Then the dice start improving and you bounce around between ranks until you're back up to major or so and then the cycle continues. Up and down, back and forth. If the dice algorithms were anywhere close to reality, if they performed anywhere close to the way real dice do, there would be no prolonged backslide to corporal and return to major, over and over and over and........................

Yes sir!

It would be so damn easy to have 100,000 paying users here everyday! Just switch the god damn dice engine! That shit would be easy as dick!

Clearly, they like having this website as a small knit group and making ZERO MONEY!
Cook YukFoo

Postby Rotean9 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Dice algorithms MUST be rewritten or changed or CC will lose half its members. EVERY SINGLE GAME seems to be ruled by LUCK, as bandit suggests. No skill, strategy or good tactics. Horrible or Incredibly great dice and no in between. REAL dice would never roll like this. Good dice algorithms should seek to simulate REAL dice. REAL dice are random, and should not show patterns. Many of the games I play these days seems hopelessly FIXED either in my favor or against me. It seems impossible to win any key battles against high ranked players. happens too often to be a cooincidence. Games seemed fixed or fishy somehow. Some players are cheating as well, although I'm not sure how. They NEVER lose a key roll. They seem to gain bonuses that seem impossible and not in the rules. Anyways, dice must be fixed. NOW.
Sergeant 1st Class Rotean9

Postby TotoroHat on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 am

Wouldnā€™t everyoneā€™s dice suck equally and therefore even things out?
Private TotoroHat

Postby YukFoo on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:18 am

TotoroHat wrote:Wouldnā€™t everyoneā€™s dice suck equally and therefore even things out?

Indeed. But that doesn't fix the problem.
Cook YukFoo

Postby Demonic on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 pm

NorthmanII wrote:Dice are not random. THEY ARE FIXED> CC sets it up for certain players. I will just come out and say it. Its the truth.

I remember years ago that I read a post about how if high ranked players were targeting lower ranked/ new players they would have their dice altered. So that tells me, that whatever algorithm they are using for the dice, it can be modified whenever they want.

My thing about the dice stats is this. At the beginning of a game i tend to do horrible. I can't win a roll to save my life in the first 2 or 3 round. My opponent will get 2 or 3 terts each round. By then it is over, but that is when my dice get hot. So the dice stats will look normal over time when added up. It is similar to what other people have said. At critical times the dice always fail. I have seen it happen to me and opponents.

So I don't even feel good when i win one cus i know its only because my opponent got screwed.
Corporal 1st Class Demonic

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:11 pm

I'm just amazed at everyone's theories. I don't really think these dice are generally unfair or anything along those lines. If I was to subscribe to a dice conspiracy theory it would just be that the dice may be predictable to people smarter than me or with some kind of software. Those individuals who have found the exploit can't actually change the dice they get, but can plan around strings of bad or load one game with all the bad dice so that he can spread the good and average dice in the close games. You could in theory get 3.5 average dice, and 'win the important rolls' if you were able to predict the result before each click
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby YukFoo on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:06 am

It is unfortunate that all the "he said she said" or "his dice her dice are better than mine" arguments distract from the actual problem of the shit dice software.

It just happens that either you get the good dice, or you get the shit dice. It is like a lottery. The dice odds are simply just decided to be in one player's favour at the start of the game, thus the other player gets stuck with the shit dice. This does not mean that the lottery is rigged in any way for any specific players. It is just a luck of the draw. It does seem that each player gets about an equal amount of shit dice as they get good dice (over the long run).

The problem is that the shit dice software seems to decide in favour of some random player at the start of the game! That is it! That is all! Any other arguments or whiners about certain players getting better dice or whatever are just dickheads and they are distracting attention away from the real problem which is simply just a shit dice engine which should be changed.
Cook YukFoo

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

YukFoo wrote:It is unfortunate that all the "he said she said" or "his dice her dice are better than mine" arguments distract from the actual problem of the shit dice software.

It just happens that either you get the good dice, or you get the shit dice. It is like a lottery. The dice odds are simply just decided to be in one player's favour at the start of the game, thus the other player gets stuck with the shit dice. This does not mean that the lottery is rigged in any way for any specific players. It is just a luck of the draw. It does seem that each player gets about an equal amount of shit dice as they get good dice (over the long run).

I agree. We all have the same dice. Another thing is some people do continue hitting attack when the dice are bad. They stop attacking. I can't.

YukFoo wrote:The problem is that the shit dice software seems to decide in favour of some random player at the start of the game! That is it! That is all! Any other arguments or whiners about certain players getting better dice or whatever are just dickheads and they are distracting attention away from the real problem which is simply just a shit dice engine which should be changed.

Two questions.
1] Does a better dice program exist?

If so

2] Where can we get it?
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby owenshooter on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:38 am

So.... If the dice are Truly Ranom.

Then Evil Semp IS TRULY, Wicked!!!

The black Jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby tpotter7704 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Here is a better question

How whenever I play a player for first time are my dice less than my opponent
Lieutenant tpotter7704

Postby YukFoo on Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:25 pm

tpotter7704 wrote:Here is a better question

How whenever I play a player for first time are my dice less than my opponent

That is usually because they purchased a $4.99 "Improved Dice" cheat code off the dark web.
Cook YukFoo

Postby DBandit70 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:50 am

well I had been holding major/col until one month ago when my dice went bad and still have not got better I'm struggling to hold captain, I lost about 5 10-12 players games yesterday due to bad dice all they were all rolls that I should never lose like 60 on 50, 40 on 20. and the same bad dice on my defense probably worse, I can't even win on my best map or freestyle games any more because I lose about 3-5 troops to every 1. :(
Major DBandit70

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:56 pm

YukFoo wrote:It just happens that either you get the good dice, or you get the shit dice. It is like a lottery.

Is the lottery not random either?
Last edited by mookiemcgee on Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Lol @ all of this. Some of you are really good. I can't tell who is serious and who is trolling anymore. Like YukFoo or whatever his other username is, excellent trolling.
Major Nut Shot Scott

$Cash Contribution to Conquer Club

Postby 1931roadster on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:17 pm

Please tell all of the new folks to be aware of these RANDOM fucking dice. You have 9, opponent 1, you have 3 dice against One. Guess what..you lose. That is not Fucking possible, but it happens here in Random dice. How can you improve these Impossible dice..? Would a Cash contribution help make these dice more sincere ? I know strategy, I know how to play and when to play them. I have proven it for years. Just tell me how Fucking much of a contribution that you require.?
Road
Cook 1931roadster

Re: $Cash Contribution to Conquer Club

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:09 am

Please send all your cash contributions to Saxi@analprobemaildrop.com
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jfm10 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm

Seriously considering drinking with the dice i have been seeing.
Cook jfm10

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion