Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is declining again!

Postby sm8900 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:07 pm

Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

This indicates CC is not even stable and non-growing; rather, it's declining!

17315 are the current users. I think they used to be +20.000 last year. :-k

show: May 20th

ee.jpg

i think we will be fine! :-)
Private sm8900

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby stringybeany on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 pm

just back after a couple year's hiatus. Yeah it's not like the old days and never will be again, but there are enough hard core lifers to keep it open, at least for now.
Captain stringybeany

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 pm

sm8900 wrote:
Pirlo wrote:When I look at the number of online users, I see it's like only 60% of the number I used to find a year ago.

This indicates CC is not even stable and non-growing; rather, it's declining!

17315 are the current users. I think they used to be +20.000 last year. :-k

show: May 20th

ee.jpg

i think we will be fine! :-)

Someone posted a graph with the numbers for several years. It was posted about one year ago, with an update. I think it is in this thread, if anyone wants to "resurrect it" for a current view. The overall pattern is a decline, with a small bump up due to COVID restrictions.

The reasons for the decline are well documented here, once you get past the snapshot numbers that are the most frequent posts here. The site continues loses members and attracts few "hard-core" Risk Players.

BUT most websites show a decline as the market has fragmented, much as movies attendance (Pre-COVID) and TV networks and shows have too. My wife watches videos, often on YouTube, on her iPad and now rarely watches "normal TV" anymore, network, cable, satellite, or streaming. I made similar points in posts over the past few years, with data to support some of my points.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Thanks, IcePack. I knew someone more knowledgeable than I would find it. I wasted about 10 minutes looking for that graph....!

I like the graphs to better see the overall Trend(s) and not pay attention as much to the "Snapshot" one moment numbers.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Davie.K on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm

Absolutely agree...but without forgetting those snapshot numbers have endlessly provided the visual delight of the trend......especially when it's anything with 69 in it ;)
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Davie.K on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Interesting how the initial lockdown sent us back 8 years to user amounts...much like covid has sent the World back a decade in development. (in some cases advanced too)
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Maisel002 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 am

Part of the reason for the decline is BULLSHIT dice. I stopped playing for a year. Came back today and played one game. Guess what?? I got fucked on rolls. I am done with this shit hole website.
"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." -Yoda
Major Maisel002

Postby riskllama on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:16 pm

welcome back!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Davie.K on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:55 pm

:lol:
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Suppurator on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:59 am

I've been here for a wee while.
I used to really enjoy the site. Close games. Sure, sometimes the dice sucked. Sometimes the drop did too. Sometimes they both double-teamed you. Generally though, the honours were pretty well shared.

Now, it's a f&*king mess. Terrible dice odds are regular. Ohhh - I know. Nothing has changed with the dice calculator. But something NEEDS to happen. Often, when I win, I feel I need to apologise to the other player because the game was so skewed.

I'm not going away - but CC will never get another dollar for premium membership from me.
Captain Suppurator

Postby IcePack on Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Setnimel on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:43 am

People leave for various reasons, life changes and things move on. I stopped playing for a around 3 years and have come back in the last couple of days for a bit of fun. I think instead of looking at the reasons why people leave for technifiser.com, the bigger question is why new people are put off joining. You can't keep everybody playing CC at the end of the day, but to maintain a healthy user base there needs to be people joining CC too.
Last edited by Setnimel on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Recruit Setnimel

Postby Davie.K on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:56 am

:roll: I am presuming that is one less for the total now .... :-$
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 pm

Setnimel wrote:People leave for various reasons, life changes and things move on. I stopped playing for a around 3 years and have come back in the last couple of days for a bit of fun. I think instead of looking at the reasons why people leave, the bigger question is why new people are put off joining. You can't keep everybody playing CC at the end of the day, but to maintain a healthy user base there needs to be people joining CC too.

I think some possible reasons for this decline have been discussed in this very thread. I know I have offered a few theories over the past few years.

I think there are a few main reasons:

1) this game is not easily played on a cell phone (it is TOO complex);
2) the game does not appeal to those who grew up playing NES (or other such gaming systems) or video games with all the "Bells and Whistles";
3) the 24 hour wait is a turn-off to many younger players; it is TOO SLOW.
4) Many younger gamers never played the BOARD game Risk in RL and so this format does not appeal to them.
5) There are simply TOO MANY OTHER gaming options that offer # 1-2 and are JUS more appealing to the younger gamers.
6) Nothing is constant and this site must evolve to attract new players. I do not see the "Other Games" as a big draw to combat the decline.
7) People change; some come and some go, as in Real Life. Some leave, some return, and we add a few new players here and there.
8) The bump up due to COVID restrictions will not last. We have kept few from that bump; I am a Guide (and Super Guide, too) and have seen many NR GO and never return. SOME barely stay on CC more than 3 minutes.

BTW:
I play some games on another game site (Pogo) and that too has seen a decline. I started a similar thread as this and IT WAS REMOVED by the "Powers to Be" as (I assume) they did not want the decline to be documented. I was NOT given any notice of its removal until I went to the Forum and I COULD NOT FIND IT.

BOTTOM LINE (or nearly so):
As long as there are those of us who enjoy the strategy and challenge of the RISK game concepts, and enjoy playing with other good game players, this site will survive in some form, at least a few more years.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby TeeGee on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:01 am

Davie.K wrote::roll: I am presuming that is one less for the total now .... :-$

wont reflect on the scoreboard if he doesn't take his turn

I'm keeping botboy around to humour me a little, see what he comes up with next, if anything
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby DetroitMojo on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:41 am

Sometimes I wonder about the mental health of people who've played 6,274 games on this site. Like riskllama.
Private DetroitMojo

Postby Davie.K on Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 am

TeeGee wrote:
Davie.K wrote::roll: I am presuming that is one less for the total now .... :-$

wont reflect on the scoreboard if he doesn't take his turn

I'm keeping botboy around to humour me a little, see what he comes up with next, if anything

:D like your style :twisted:
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby KraphtOne on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:14 pm

I tell ya when K1 left it killed this place...
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:02 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:BTW:
I play some games on another game site (Pogo) and that too has seen a decline. I started a similar thread as this and IT WAS REMOVED by the "Powers to Be" as (I assume) they did not want the decline to be documented. I was NOT given any notice of its removal until I went to the Forum and I COULD NOT FIND IT.

Yes. People often bitch about censorship on this site, but this site tolerates a level of criticism of itself that would never be permitted on most other sites.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:BTW:

Yes. People often bitch about censorship on this site, but this site tolerates a level of criticism of itself that would never be permitted on most other sites.

I think that Pogo does not permit ANY discussion of religion or politics. That keeps much controversies OUT and off their site. As I recall, they quickly delete post viewed as harmful, from what little I saw of that on Pogo. They have moderators too, to enforce rules for fair play and "clean" chat.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Davie.K on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:25 pm

Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby Davie.K on Sat May 01, 2021 8:56 am

Was hoping for a bit of a rally overnight,think it got up to 6004...but the inevitable has happened....dropped below the 6 grand ...5,993
Lieutenant Davie.K

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon May 03, 2021 5:49 am

is there any way to stabilize, or even, to reverse this long-term decline?

And please, do not turn this into a complaint about dice. that topic has been discussed ad nauseum.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion