Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Dako on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:25 am

16376. New update brought back old players?
Attachments
dt.jpg
dt.jpg (30.11 KiB) Viewed 5130 times
Colonel Dako

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:31 am

Dako wrote:16376. New update brought back old players?

Maybe they've increased their marketing a bit. Links in more places etc.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:36 am

Gillipig wrote:

I think an email went out to everyone on the register... maybe its bringing back some people
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 am

16400 now...
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 am

trinicardinal wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

I think an email went out to everyone on the register... maybe its bringing back some people

You're probably right.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DiM on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 am

Bruceswar wrote:16400 now...

lack is making multis to make us think the update is actually successful and people are liking the site. :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby notyou2 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:50 pm

I believe the site has been in decline since flamewars was outlawed and certain characters banished.

The life has been slowly sucked out of this site. It is becoming more and more boring.
Captain notyou2

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Yeah- again I know I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but the main attraction of this site is for people who like playing Risk. Fewer people play that game now, but the reason it was so succesful was that it was fun to play.

Most people who know me know that I've always been freemium, and that I stopped playing a while ago, while still posting in the community forums. One of the reasons I stopped playing was that the types of games grew distant from the basic game. It was increasingly hard to find a map that followed the basic tactics. And it was increasingly hard to find a set of rules that stuck to the basics.

Most new players here are likely to be confused. Fog of war rules, bombardment, speed games, instant victories? Join the site and you will lose your first game, not because you are bad at Risk, but because you have no idea how to play the map that players on this site created, and you don't know how the rules work.

You will lose points to those people, and your first experience will be a loss in ranking. Not the best introduction.

I am of the opposite opinion. Sticking to Risk is IMHO a big mistake. What is so different between Risk and the other strategy wargames? I would advertise to all strategy players, not only to Risk lovers.

About the different settings, if number of players was high enough, you would always find a game with the settings you like. But in fact there are not so many settings at it seems. Yes, there are many choices to make, but they don't lead to significatively different games. I bet many people leave the site when they learn that there is no limit to how far troops can move in one turn.

I have been saying this for some time.

However, the other point is that all things lose attraction after a while. I played essentially every day for over 3 years, took a break, am back, but likely will wind up leaving again.

If CC is failing, it is likely a combination of not "getting the word out" well enough (and I think emphasizing more than just the Risk-like maps would go a LONG way in that) and normal "flux and flow" of game sites.

Also, there are a lot of things people may not like but that cannot readily be changed or cannot be changed at all. We are not, for example, going to go back to the good/bad/nuetral and lengthy comment rating system that existed when I first joined. We may see tag changes, other modifications, etc. We are not going to see a map that looks just like Risk, either.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Uncle Death on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I only read a few of these pages in this thread so take my comments based on that. Who cares? If you are enjoying playing the game you play that is all that matters. The forums are just an added circus to the game we play. I'm not happy with the way things are handled all the time but my focus is having fun playing and once in awhile getting in to the forums. Everything declines because we get bored and find something new that is more fun. Some things go on for a long time but lose popularity yet still hang in there for a long time. CC is not one of the things I'm worried about losing. I'm more worried about paying my mortgage, taking care of friends and family, and not dying. You must be very young to worry about CC declining or to debate it.
Major Uncle Death

Postby TeeGee on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:48 am

and still increasing
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Leehar on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 am

If nothing else the Cup did help bring back some people.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:26 am

Leehar wrote:If nothing else the Cup did help bring back some people.

The question is will the stay or did they just drop by to see what's new and then leave?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MrBenn on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 am

Gillipig wrote:
Leehar wrote:If nothing else the Cup did help bring back some people.

The question is will the stay or did they just drop by to see what's new and then leave?

We'll find out in 30 days...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am

over 17,000 now

Postby ljex on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 am

Bruceswar wrote:over 17,000 now

just because the number of users is going up doesnt mean the website isnt declining.
Captain ljex

Postby TeeGee on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 am

ljex wrote:

just because the number of users is going up doesnt mean the website isnt declining.

Over 600 active members joining/ returning in 2 days shows they must be doing something right.
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 am

TeeGee wrote:
ljex wrote:

Over 600 active members joining/ returning in 2 days shows they must be doing something right.

900+ but who is counting...

Postby billy07 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 am

DiM wrote:
billy07 wrote:
some romanian called dip (can't remember his name) is to blame for the introduction of absolute shit maps.

i'm called DiM actually. great to see another satisfied customer. autograph sessions are arranged daily inside the foundry.

don't forget to try the latest steamworks map. it's the shittiest of them all.

also click my link for another shitty map that i'm currently developing. :roll:

you can develope as many of those maps as you want, they are like vermin and have set about the rot for cc.

i came here to play risk, not attack lots of neutrals. whoever gets the best dice early on wins, simple as that! you will never have any of those maps as an actual board game. you may however send your children to england to beg.
be proud of yourself
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class billy07

Location: China, a beautiful country full of wonderful people

Postby natty dread on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:45 am

Wow, how is this racist scum f*ck still not banned?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby CHEWKY on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 am

It will decline when enough people who get screwed over continuously get sick of it and move on! :evil:

For example: DISADVANTAGED to the start of every single game! Dice rolls are sicker than ever! :oops:
Cash in on cards is always the maximum, auto position? HA! totally controlled and is a joke! :sick:
All opponents gain the advantage at start on at first roll, since I go 2nd 99% of the time. :roll:
Conqueer Club makes sure that specific players NEVER get ahead! :evil:

No Problem, that is exactly why I don't pay to play on this gimicky game site! :D
Sergeant CHEWKY

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

CHEWKY wrote:No Problem, that is exactly why I don't pay to play on this gimicky game site! :D

But you still play here, yes?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Pirlo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 am

natty_dread wrote:Wow, how is this racist scum f*ck still not banned?

Indeed! How disgusting!!!!
Major Pirlo

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:48 am

CHEWKY wrote:It will decline when enough people who get screwed over continuously get sick of it and move on! :evil:

For example: DISADVANTAGED to the start of every single game! Dice rolls are sicker than ever! :oops:
Cash in on cards is always the maximum, auto position? HA! totally controlled and is a joke! :sick:
All opponents gain the advantage at start on at first roll, since I go 2nd 99% of the time. :roll:
Conqueer Club makes sure that specific players NEVER get ahead! :evil:

No Problem, that is exactly why I don't pay to play on this gimicky game site! :D

For someone who has played almost 2000 games you don't seem to have picked up on much.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 pm

natty_dread wrote:Wow, how is this racist scum f*ck still not banned?

Romanians and Brits are the same race so he isn't being racist. He's a scum f*ck though!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DiM on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:06 pm

billy07 wrote:
DiM wrote:
billy07 wrote:
some romanian called dip (can't remember his name) is to blame for the introduction of absolute shit maps.

i'm called DiM actually. great to see another satisfied customer. autograph sessions are arranged daily inside the foundry.

don't forget to try the latest steamworks map. it's the shittiest of them all.

also click my link for another shitty map that i'm currently developing. :roll:

you can develope as many of those maps as you want, they are like vermin and have set about the rot for cc.

i came here to play risk, not attack lots of neutrals. whoever gets the best dice early on wins, simple as that! you will never have any of those maps as an actual board game. you may however send your children to england to beg.
be proud of yourself

not only you lack the intelligence to realise CC offers 200 maps to please all kinds of people but you also have to insult me simply because i'm romanian. btw did you attend school at some point in your life? you're a 36 yo englishman that's having trouble spelling in english. i think you're the one who should go begging =D>
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion